Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Save Me From Vio Extortion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Save Me From Vio Extortion (814 Views)

FRSC, VIO Offices Set On Fire At Ojodu, Lagos / Police Officers And VIO Fight Over Who Should Inspect Cars In Lagos (Photos) / Geoffery Mgbada Stoned To Death By VIO Officers, Umahi Orders Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Me From Vio Extortion by perryy(m): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2022
Admin please help push this to the front page so that it can reach enough audience. Thanks in advance.

Please save me. I bought a Nigerian used bus on December 17th 2021 whose papers have expired on September 2021 and I was still on the process of fixing it before taking it for registration. I had made inquiry from a VIO official by name Tijani as to if I have some days of grace to drive it to where I will fix it before registration and he told me yes. So, this morning, I went to fix the shaft which was making noise but as I was coming back, some VIO men stopped me and demanded for the papers, I told them that I just bought the vehicle that I am yet to do change of ownership as I am still fixing it, as I tried to sort out the purchase receipt from among the old vehicle papers used by the former owner , the VIO ceases the whole papers from me and accused me of driving a vehicle with expired papers. I tried to explain to them that since I'm the new owner, the vehicle could be termed as yet to be registered and since I have not exhaused my days of grace to use yet to be registered vehicle, I did not breach the law. All my pleas and explanations fell on deaf ears . At the end , they ceased my original purchase receipt, my Bus and my driver license and demanded for forty thousand naira from me.as fine. After pleas from me and the head of Admin in the office , the man who said he is the head of patrol team reduced the price to thirty thousand naira , an amount which he said I should pay and go with my vehicle. With this , I became uncomfortable hence, I decided to seek clarifications from a higher authorities or people who know much about VIO operations, to know (1) if I do not have , at most, 90 days to use my vehicle before registration or notification of change of ownership and (2) if at the end it is discovered I broke the law, wether the fine for expired papers is up to the thirty thousand naira (30, 000) as demanded by Mr. Femi who is said to be head of patrol team at VIO Agbara (Ogun state) office.

People, kindly help me as I am getting frustrated. I just lost all my pigs and the only thing I have in this life to sustain myself till succour comes is just this bus. I don't want to really commit suicide as those people are pushing me to do.
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by perryy(m): 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please , help me out ooooo. I'm thinking of suicide.
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
perryy:
Go to the vio headquarter at Abuja and make a complaint to them..
Or you could also go to the nearest vio head office and tell them your ordeal..
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by perryy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ok bro. Thanks for your timely response. But if you know their head office in Ogun state , kindly let me know. If you have their email address or phone number , don't hesitate to let me know.
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by FuckDModz: 1:05am On Jan 06, 2022
perryy:

Lol, do you need money for sniper?
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by peppermint7(m): 1:06am On Jan 06, 2022
FuckDModz:

Bleep you guy
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by perryy(m): 6:58am On Jan 06, 2022
FuckDModz:

Why are you this heartless? Sniper drinking is your portion and you will surely drink it this year. Demon in human skin.
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by Sevenworldpower(m): 7:42am On Jan 06, 2022
perryy:
Admin please help push this to the front page so that it can reach enough audience. Thanks in advance.

Please save me. I bought a Nigerian used bus on December 17th 2021 whose papers have expired on September 2021 and I was still on the process of fixing it before taking it for registration. I had made inquiry from a VIO official by name Tijani as to if I have some days of grace to drive it to where I will fix it before registration and he told me yes. So, this morning, I went to fix the shaft which was making noise but as I was coming back, some VIO men stopped me and demanded for the papers, I told them that I just bought the vehicle that I am yet to do change of ownership as I am still fixing it, as I tried to sort out the purchase receipt from among the old vehicle papers used by the former owner , the VIO ceases the whole papers from me and accused me of driving a vehicle with expired papers. I tried to explain to them that since I'm the new owner, the vehicle could be termed as yet to be registered and since I have not exhaused my days of grace to use yet to be registered vehicle, I did not breach the law. All my pleas and explanations fell on deaf ears . At the end , they ceased my original purchase receipt, my Bus and my driver license and demanded for forty thousand naira from me.as fine. After pleas from me and the head of Admin in the office , the man who said he is the head of patrol team reduced the price to thirty thousand naira , an amount which he said I should pay and go with my vehicle. With this , I became uncomfortable hence, I decided to seek clarifications from a higher authorities or people who know much about VIO operations, to know (1) if I do not have , at most, 90 days to use my vehicle before registration or notification of change of ownership and (2) if at the end it is discovered I broke the law, wether the fine for expired papers is up to the thirty thousand naira (30, 000) as demanded by Mr. Femi who is said to be head of patrol team at VIO Agbara (Ogun state) office.

People, kindly help me as I am getting frustrated. I just lost all my pigs and the only thing I have in this life to sustain myself till succour comes is just this bus. I don't want to really commit suicide as those people are pushing me to do.

Vio guys are thugs. I hope you still have copies of your vehicle papers. Go to them with someone ask for booking evidence and take photos of vehicle in their premise. Tell them you are meeting them in court and you are reporting to head of office. Write a complaint letter detailed what happened to them and copy BIR and vio head office in the state.
Other option is to use military or police officers to harass them if you have any as friend or family member.
Never allow vio to arrest you. Never allow them to collect original vehlicle papers. If you have to create scenes to get attention, please do. They are thugs who are empowered by state government.
I wish you all the best.
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by perryy(m): 8:54am On Jan 06, 2022
Thank you very much my brother. I will try to do as advised . Maybe I use a police officer. But if you have their email addresses, kindly help me with them .
Re: Save Me From Vio Extortion by perryy(m): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
If it is about snake or other mundane issues,this thing would have hit front page since yesterday. Naira land, try to change

(1) (Reply)

Watch This For A Good Laugh / Randy Alfa Defiles 14 Years Old, Says I'm Nurturing Her For Marriage / Prisoner Also Scam: Convict Serving Jail Term Inside Kirikiri Dupes Banker N12m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.