Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated (40080 Views)

Food Union Employers To Relocate Factories Over Outrageous Excise Duty, Taxation / Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Alcohol Consumers, Smokers To Pay More As Federal Govt Raises Excise Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:07am On Jan 06, 2022
GOOD,THIS WILL CURB DIABETES angry

1 Like

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
Melbrom:

And where are the jobs put in place for the people to pay this taxes after the increase? Have they increased wages also Good move my foot

nobody owes you a job. if you want to eat you will find a job or create your own. The job of giovt is to create an environment where jobs can be created and you can only create jobs where there is good infrastructure and good infrastucture costs money.....money that can only come from taxes.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Melbrom(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
perambulator:

nobody owes you a job. if you want to eat you will find a job or create your own. The job of giovt is to create an environment where jobs can be created and you can only create jobs where there is good infrastructure and good infrastucture costs money.....money that can only come from taxes.
Can you boldly say Nigeria government has created an enabling environment where jobs can be created?? Oga rest
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
Melbrom:
Can you boldly say Nigeria government has created an enabling environment where jobs can be created?? Oga rest

I am not defending this government but they have done more to repair infrastructure than ANY government probably since 1983. That is not to say they havent been guilty of job creation own goals like security/herdsmen, handling of the currency, etc.

The negatives of the Buhari govt listed above are reversible, the positives i.e the infrastructure projects like roads, rail etc are long lasting and will continue facilitating the creation of jobs for decades and are not easily destroyed.

A new govt can reverse Buhari's bad policies, a new govt cannot remove the roads, rail etc he has put in place. Thats the importance of infrastructure.

what is it you are enjoying today that Obasanjo or Janathan gave you, that is true legacy. The mark of a good leader is to bequeth his people with a legacy that endures. If the things you think you were enjoying under jonathan are gone today it means he was a bad leader and the things you enjoyed were not sustainable, he did not leave enduring legacies!!! For instance, Obasanjo gave us Mobile networks, years after he left office we are enjoying the benefits, it has and is creating jobs. Buhari is leaving us with rail and roads, years after he leaves office we will be enjoying the benefits of rail and roads. Yes things were cheaper when he was in power but what did Jonathan give us that we are enjoying today because of him?

Unfortunately no government can fix bad people!!!!
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by nereiskc(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2022
Drinks that i know that are not of same quality to same in foreign countries,with this development now na lesser quality we go dey drink. Colour, sugar and water.
If you heard ur name, oya come meet me.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Tonytonex(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
This country sef. This is the worst government ever.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Tonytonex(m): 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
rowland545:
Old story....I've been buying a bottle of 50cl coke for 130 now...small 7up DAT was 70 is now 100...

And buhari said PDP is failure.....if this is success then I don't want to b part of it
that was then. Prepare to buy from 200 up when the tax is implemented.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Tonytonex(m): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
Last Last na to stop drinking it sure pass

1 Like

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by chiedu7: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
Soukiss:
who tell u .na aboki drink coka and fanta pass for this con3
for real?
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by rowland545(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2022
Tonytonex:
that was then. Prepare to buy from 200 up when the tax is implemented.
der papa I go day drink zobo and kunu make dem go tax DAT one
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Tonytonex(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
rowland545:
der papa I go day drink zobo and kunu make dem go tax DAT one
na so oh. Same here. I even like kunu pass that mineral sef. Na people wey go wed go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Kylce042(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
Czario:

Is that before or after you are no more ?..."some day" isn't a date.

Fate decides who stays n who goes could be you that won’t make it across the Red Sea
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by ivandragon: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
backbencher:

Nope, I defend any sensible policy by any goverment , whether the party. ( I backed Gejs subsidy removal attempt in 2012, because the man for once made sense)

Buhari is a bad leader. But even bad leaders make sane decisions sometimes and this is one of them.

If you don't want to pay the tax then stop drinking soda. It's that simple

Buhari is a failure and I've never voted for him

On the surface of it, the decision seems sensible. But what happens when people actually stop taking these carbonated drinks & the companies gradually fold up because there is no market...

Job losses
Tax losses

Some of the countries with this sugar tax run a system where by states & regions are able to determine what they tax & how. It is not a blanket tax across the country as the case with nigeria...

Others have means to ensure there is no double taxation

Still, most have economies that can afford the 'death' of carbonated drink industries.

Nigeria has none of these arrangements/considerations especially given the fact that sugar tax became a thing just about 10/11 years ago for countries that have built up thier systems over time & can afford to introduce such taxes.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2022
ivandragon:

On the surface of it, the decision seems sensible. But what happens when people actually stop taking these carbonated drinks & the companies gradually fold up because there is no market...

Job losses
Tax losses

Some of the countries with this sugar tax run a system where by states & regions are able to determine what they tax & how. It is not a blanket tax across the country as the case with nigeria...

Others have means to ensure there is no double taxation

Still, most have economies that can afford the 'death' of carbonated drink industries.

Nigeria has none of these arrangements/considerations especially given the fact that sugar tax became a thing just about 10/11 years ago for countries that have built up thier systems over time & can afford to introduce such taxes.

ON the other hand, there are excise taxes on alcohol and tobacco in this country , and it has been for years, and it hasn't caused mass job losses yet

I think we need a wait and see attitude to the thing. Thing is, we need the money, and tax is the only short term alternative (lord knows this government has failed on diversification and more importantly for me, industrialization, but it doesn't change the fact that tax uptake in Nigeria is very low.)
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by bizzibodi(m): 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2022
This tax is evil..even if you dnt take soft drinks,you will buy for your kids during outting,buy during naming ceremony,child dedication or birthday party.
Let them also introduce air reaching tax.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion / Herbert Wigwe's Cryptic Post Hints At ‘End Of Life’ / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.