Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors (857 Views)

Police CSP Deployed To Magodo By Malami, IGP Defy Sanwo-olu Openly / El-rufai Blasts South South Governors For Defending CJN, Onnoghen / Enugu Airport Bugdet Cut: Icca/umunna Blasts South-east Senators, House Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by TheRareGem1(f): 5:45am On Jan 06, 2022
The Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has confirmed that he sent policemen to highbrow Magodo estate in Lagos, to enforce a Supreme Court judgment.

Malami confirmed this in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations, Umar Gwandu.

Malami also faulted the criticism of the South-West governors and asked Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to obey court order.

“The Office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice takes exception to the Southwest Governors unjustifiable insinuation of impunity against the office of the Attorney General over execution of a judgment of the Supreme Court,”

“The role of the executive is, in this respect, simply to aide the maintenance of law and order in due compliance with rule of law arising from giving effect to the judgment of the apex court of the land.

“Let it be known that the issue is regarding a Supreme Court Judgement that was delivered in 2012 long before the coming of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration in office at a time when Malami was not a Minister.

“The judgment was a reaffirmation of the judgments of Court of Appeal and High Court delivered on 31st December, 1993.”

“It is widely reported in the papers that the Lagos state Governor was quoted to have said “I’ve spoken extensively with the Inspector-General of Police and the Honourable Attorney-General, and we’ve resolved all the issues”.

“The Office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, would appreciate if the coalition of the Governors will help to unravel the circumstances preventing the Lagos State Government from enforcing the court order despite several attempts from 2012- 2015 and so-called settlement initiative started in 2016.

“We want to restate that the sanctity of the rule of law is not a matter of choice,” the statement added.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/01/06/malami-confirms-sending-police-to-magodo-blasts-south-west-governors/?
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by helinues: 5:52am On Jan 06, 2022
I don't know why I am not interested in this news

Just like as usual petty gossiping
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by bcomputer101: 6:03am On Jan 06, 2022
helinues:

Why will you be interested?

Baba wèrèy

4 Likes

Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:07am On Jan 06, 2022
helinues:

PM news is Lagos media
If it was Malami against the South-east governors you will have in interest in the news, hypocrisy, make una continue una eyes go clear after 2023 general election.

4 Likes

Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by helinues: 6:09am On Jan 06, 2022
post=109121409:

PM news is Lagos media
If it was Malami against the South-east governors you will have in interest in the news, hypocrisy, make una continue una eyes go clear after 2023 general election.

Whether na PM news abi na Vice Chancellor news, Have you been seeing me in any of the threads related to the story?

Nah, ain't gat no time for petty gossiping this year cos the story na normal story wey go come and go.

Life is too soft to take things you are not in control/possession too personal
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by Ynix(m): 6:12am On Jan 06, 2022
How can we weaken the central, sincerely I am getting tired of all of these
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by insidelife22(m): 6:18am On Jan 06, 2022
Devaluation of power is one of the solution that can save The Nigerian state from collapsing.

And we need a need new constitution.
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by chatinent: 6:24am On Jan 06, 2022
Nigeria has another definition of the law.
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by DemMannaScam: 6:27am On Jan 06, 2022
Anus of hell cheesy

helinues:

1 Like

Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by Igo9(m): 7:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Na see finish cause dis 1... I believe he can do that to all south west governors...
Can they such with wike or any south south or south east governor...
This is see finish and it was caused by Yorubas themselves,,,,,they over robbed themselves under northerners

1 Like

Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by sammyj: 7:13am On Jan 06, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by CannibalTorment: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2022
Igo9:
Na see finish cause dis 1... I believe he can do that to all south west governors...
Can they such with wike or any south south or south east governor...
This is see finish and it was caused by Yorubas themselves,,,,,they over robbed themselves under northerners
Typical proscribed lPOB member, when Malami Iheodiha with Hope what did you do?
When you claimed security operatives are shooting innocent youths in Igbo land what did you do?

Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by Maxymilliano(m): 7:19am On Jan 06, 2022
Not holding brief for the quota system Attorney General, his response has given us valuable insights into the saga.

Successive Lagos State Governments since 2012 has refused to give effect to the judgement of the Supreme Court which if true constitute a gross indictment and display of irresponsibility on the part of Lagos State Government - No sentiments here.
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by rikithor(m): 7:24am On Jan 06, 2022
I learn to learn how to face front.
Now am learning how to park very well�.
Learn how to drive manual and automatic cars, process vehicle papers driving license.See contacts below
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by Igo9(m): 7:24am On Jan 06, 2022
CannibalTorment:
Typical proscribed lPOB member, when Malami Iheodiha with Hope what did you do?
When you claimed security operatives are shooting innocent youths in Igbo land what did you do?
Open your brain and understand please...

You can't compare that to that to this....

That was small war between ipob and nigeria securities...... This one is different.. this one is humiliating one to the Yoruba race.
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by CannibalTorment: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2022
You talking about brain you are deficient of

it is outright stupidity and spurious to claim humiliation on the Yoruba when enforcing supreme court judgement by some Yoruba land owners who wants their land back is been enforced by Malami.
Igo9:
Open your brain and understand please...

You can't compare that to that to this....

That was small war between ipob and nigeria securities...... This one is different.. this one is humiliating one to the Yoruba race.
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by Dominion2000: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2022
Malami must be in jail when the next administration takes off and that is the only way I will be satisfied. Period.
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by OssyMalik: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2022
I thought Sanwo Olu said he called Malami? Well their business anyway
Re: Malami Confirms Sending Police To Magodo, Blasts South West Governors by Mynd44: 8:26am On Jan 06, 2022

(1)

President Buhari, Osinbajo 2023 Presidential Posters Flogs Abuja And Daura. PHOT / JUST IN: Simon Ekpa Hijacks IPOB Finland, Expels National Coordinator From Group / Do Nigeria Have Underground Shelter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.