Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron (311 Views)

Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria / 238 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2170. 352 Discharged. 68 Deaths / 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron by Readability: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2022
Scientists and experts in France have reportedly identified a new variant of COVID-19 termed ‘IHU’. The new variant is said to be a more mutated strain than Omicron.

Nearly 12 cases of this new variant have been reported near Marseilles and has been linked to the African country Cameroon.

The B.1.640.2 or IHU variant was first identified by the academics at institute IHU Mediterranee Infection and contains 46 mutations, which is more than Omicron.

New COVID-19 variant named ‘IHU’ discovered in France — said to be stronger than Omicron

While the world is grappling with the outburst of the Omicron virus with a very high transmissibility rate, scientists and experts in France have reportedly identified a new variant of COVID-19 termed ‘IHU’. The new variant is said to be a more mutated strain than Omicron.
According to media reports, nearly 12 cases of this new variant have been reported near Marseilles, and has been linked to the African country Cameroon. But, the Omicron strain is still dominating in most parts of the world.
The B.1.640.2 or IHU variant was first identified by the academics at institute IHU Mediterranee Infection and contains 46 mutations, which is more than Omicron.
Advertisement

This new variant can be a major threat, however, the cases have not been reported so far in countries other than France and is not labelled as ‘variant under investigation’ by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
According to a paper posted on medRxiv, the strain carries the E484K mutation which can make it more resistant to vaccines. It also has the N501Y mutation — first seen on the Alpha variant — that experts believe can make it more transmissible.
The scientists say, “these observations show once again the unpredictability of the emergence of new SARS-CoV-2 variants and their introduction from abroad. And they exemplify the difficulty to control such introduction and subsequent spread.”
Advertisement

Philippe Colson, the head and professor of the department at IHU that discovered the variant, said, “ We indeed have several cases of this new variant in the Marseilles geographical area. We named it 'variant IHU'. Two new genomes have just been submitted."

Renowned Epidemiologist Eric Feigl-Ding, on Twitter, said, “The mutations have caused “Fourteen amino acid substitutions, and 9 amino acid deletions—which are located in the spike protein.”
He further added, “ There are scores of new variants discovered all the time, but it does not necessarily mean they will be more dangerous. What makes a variant more well-known and dangerous is its ability to multiply because of the number of mutations it has in relation to the original virus.”

Source : https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.in/science/health/news/new-covid-19-variant-named-ihu-discovered-in-france-said-to-be-stronger-than-omicron/amp_articleshow/88685048.cms

Re: New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron by NwaNimo1(m): 8:31am On Jan 06, 2022
France wan scatter AFCON......

[img]https://media1./images/2150675fab69c04a10839cbc25bcfb61/tenor.gif?itemid=16796069[/img]

Unvaccinated players will be denied entry when trying to fly back to europe!
Re: New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron by Lanretoye(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2022
Me self go soon discover my own variant and I will call it ZaaZu...no be only IHU.

1 Like

Re: New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron by Fesline(m): 8:52am On Jan 06, 2022
Psalms 91:10 There shall no evil befall us, neither shall any plague come nigh our dwelling.

91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over us, to keep us in all our ways.

91:12 They shall bear us up in their hands, lest we dash our foot against a stone.

I pray all forms of virus be terminated IJN.
Re: New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron by Righteousness2(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2022
Let me shock those who think what we have been saying is a joke.
From now till JESUS Comes, it is gonna be from one Jab to another until your System has been Jabalized.

The evil Globalist create a Plandemic and also give u a so called solution. That is how Wicked and evil the World is. Very soon the 'Omega' strain will be pushed out which will a major Disturbance all over .

The Plandemic &Jab has a 2 Fold mission.
One is to depopulate the world.
The other is to Control and Condition the world Inhabitants for the Mark of the Beast.

I Have Personally Come to understand that the most Important Knowledge a Man/woman needs in this life the knowledge from GOD'S Word, the HolyBible.
I see people with all the Phd, Mbbs, LLb, Msc, Bsc or whatever form of degree, Fall Sheepishly and I shake my head.

Without a Personal knowledge and Understanding of GOD and HIS Word, you are Doomed !

1 Like

Re: New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron by Clementoons: 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
No fear for GOD's own people, it would shock so many people who thought taking Covid 19 jab is the only solution to the global pandemic. But they are all fallacies, did you know ?
if you take that jab, your life will be prone to the disease, the variant will jab your life, run from Covid 19 vaccine to the saviour of the world. JESUS.
Nobody can help the world to fight away the disease apart from the most high GOD, JESUS, and the word of GOD. Souls are crying, folks are dying. Run to JESUS. HE HAS THE BEST SOLUTION FOR YOUR PROBELM.
Re: New COVID-19 Variant Named ‘IHU’ Discovered In France — Stronger Than Omicron by Spactacle(m): 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2022
The name sounds funny if you ask me.. This covid shit is getting stale already.

(1) (Reply)

. / How Can A Girl Get A Big Chest Without Equipment? / Total Knee Replacement Surgery Hospital In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.