Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers (9716 Views)

Protesters Block Zainab Ahmed From Office As Finance Minister (Photo) / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos) / Buhari Appoints Zainab Ahmed As Finance Minister, Accepts Adeosun's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by iwaeda: 10:02am On Jan 06, 2022
The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, says there is no plan by the Federal Government to lay off government workers.

Ahmed said this on NTA’s ‘Good Morning Nigeria’ programme on Thursday, which was monitored by The PUNCH.

The minister denied claims that the government was planning on sacking workers in order to save funds.

She said the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), had said repeatedly that no worker would be sacked. The minister, however, said the government would encourage people to leave government jobs by giving them incentives.

Ahmed said the government would reduce overheads by ensuring that government agencies are merged.

She added, “Mr President doesn’t want to disengage staff. That is what he has directed from the beginning of his administration. He also directed that we pay salaries. The Federal Government has never failed in paying salaries and he said we must always pay pensions.

“So, he has been consistent in those directives and we have followed those directives to the letter.”

When asked how the government would cut personnel costs, Ahmed said, “Well, we do hope that at the end of the exercise, some agencies will be merged and it will cut down operational costs.

“And also we will be able to come up with incentive packages to retrain people and redeploy them in some areas where they are useful. For example, we still have a very high need for teachers so we can retrain people and send them to teach but also incentive packages to exit. Again, that is also money. If you want people to exit you have to pay them.

“That is an incentive package so that they can go. That is why it is taking a lot of time because it is not easy to decide on this. Everything centres on resources. We need resources and if we had a lot of money, we would just give very beautiful incentive packages and people would exit and go and start their businesses and we would reduce the size of the personnel cost.”

https://punchng.com/no-plan-to-sack-govt-workers-finance-minister/

3 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by iwaeda: 10:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Same PUNCH carried the news of sacking, who are will to believe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by SmartProf(m): 10:06am On Jan 06, 2022
iwaeda:
Believe what eventually happens... the likelihood is that even if they are not sacked, more policies to make them impoverished will be rolled out.

8 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by Truthisunique: 10:07am On Jan 06, 2022
If they deny with immediate alacrity then it's true

I don't even take statement they make on NTA serious because it's a joke station for image laundry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by Truthisunique: 10:08am On Jan 06, 2022
iwaeda:
Punch actually related the exact truth this idiotic woman said while taking questions at the Public Presentation and Breakdown of Highlights of the 2022 Appropriation Act on Wednesday in Abuja

They are now relaying her lies she ditched to their propaganda outfit NTA

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by Kzinne: 10:08am On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by Maxymilliano(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2022
This was the same confused idiot that initially stated that the retrenchment of workers was a necessary step in stemming the huge amount spent on recurrent expenditure annually by the Federal Government.

Guess the unanticipated backlash forced a rethink.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by dre11(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2022
iwaeda:

This government is 2 faced..

I hardly believe them until i see it.

Lair Mohammed have induct them into his circus

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by Moferere: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2022
Punch is gradually becoming Saharareporters.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by iwaeda: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2022
dre11:

This government is 2 faced..

I hardly believe them until i see it.

Lair Mohammed have induct them into his circus
The truth is they will sack codedly grin angry grin
Lalasticlala, you know now grin grin angry
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by iwaeda: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Nigeria Oh God!
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by updatechange(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
E go shoch una grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by money121(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by Zico5(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
Deluded people. Always full of lies and propaganda. Always trying to fuel sentiments among the masses. I wonder their usefulness to life. They all belong to the hottest part of the hell.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by iCauseTrouble: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
This government na wa o
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by Kobicove(m): 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
I was not expecting the government to confirm the news grin
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by infocabal(m): 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
Which means it’s true. They are actually planning to sack

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by tetralogyfallot(m): 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ndndnd
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by humberjade: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2022
See these morons playing around with words to calm nerves grin grin grin

"Incentives to go"...the sounds like a 'severance package' after sack to me...simply saying "you are surplus to requirement, hence, you are sacked...we will give you some retirement benefits"....grin

An incentive that might be peanut, or take a life time to come cheesy grin

It will only make sense if the Civil Servants are given the opportunity to choose between going or staying...and your guess is as good as mine grin grin

This "reduction of running cost or recurrent expenditure" should start at the National Assembly

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by WibusJaga: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2022

The inefficient Govt workers, National/State Assembly, House of Reps & Numerous Govt agencies plus their bloated salaries & allowances all contribute to outrageous cost of governance in this country.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by PS712: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
Always talking from both sides of the mouth.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by WJ19: 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
I need BNB
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by ATEAMS: 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
LoL
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by ibechris(m): 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
I will gladly opt for the incentives with immediate effect.

I don't need much may be 15million is enough for me after all,i have 22 years to exit the system.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by dugosas: 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
Awon eleribu

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by Peter4naz(m): 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
Get yourself a side hustle Today, Don't fully depend on the government.

Anyways, Are you interested in affiliate marketing or you need someone to guide and tutor you for free. Chat me up on... Zero Seven Zero Three Zero Zero Nine Five Nine One Nine
Re: Zainab Ahmed: No Plan To Sack Govt Workers by merits(m): 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
Better

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges / DSS To Senate In Another Report: Give Magu Chance / N11tn Stolen Under Buhari’s Watch – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.