Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Why Nigerians Must Stop Cheering The Demise And Destruction Of Our Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Must Stop Cheering The Demise And Destruction Of Our Soldiers (242 Views)

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko At The Stadium Cheering Super Eagles (Video) / Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. / Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Must Stop Cheering The Demise And Destruction Of Our Soldiers by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
First of all, I want to say that as an Igbo man, I am 100% against all the soldiers responsible for the massacre, genocide and torture of innocent Nigerian citizens in all parts of the country. I do not wish them well; I pray karma finds them quickly.

However, the majority of our soldiers are gallant warriors who are giving (and many have given) their very lives for the sake of this country. Whether Nigeria is a failed state or not does not change the fact that these young men and women are living altruistic and harsh lives for the defence and peace of this country. As we speak, many are in the bush and forest, not knowing what fate awaits them the next minute or hour or day or week or month or year. They have given up their very existence for the sake of one Nigeria whether you love or hate Nigeria.

Secondly, there are many in the army who never wanted to join the army in the first place - these are secondary school leavers, graduates and others - who went into the army to get a job that will enable them to feed their parents, wives and children. Many of them have died horrible deaths at the hands of terrorists, bandits, regular citizens, herdsmen and UGM.

Yet, Nigerians from various tribes have formed a habit of mocking their demise, laughing at their destruction and turning this whole issue into a tribal war. I have read comments here that almost caused me to lose faith in humanity. Evil, hateful, malicious, bitter and shameful statements coming from intellectually bankrupt and morally vacuous Nigerians with nothing better to do than spread hate and violence.

I want to admonish all of you to think carefully before commenting on the pain, suffering and death that our soldiers are having to endure in this sham of a country called Nigeria. They have mothers, fathers, siblings, friends and relatives who love them - they have hopes, dreams and ambitions - if you were to provide many of them with better employment prospects including a trip overseas, they will grab it with immediate alacrity.

Without the Nigerian army, many of you will be refugees. So, show some respect.

In 2022 please let us be empathic, merciful, constructive and careful with our sayings, comments and contributions here on Nairaland.

Finally, I say rest in peace to our fallen soldiers, may God grant them eternal rest and comfort to their families.

AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Must Stop Cheering The Demise And Destruction Of Our Soldiers by DispatcherLagos: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ok. So which of the barracks are you now staying soldier?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Must Stop Cheering The Demise And Destruction Of Our Soldiers by heniford2: 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Death to Ng soldiers who has killed innocent citizens whom the are meant to protect may terror visit them all in there quiet time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Must Stop Cheering The Demise And Destruction Of Our Soldiers by Danjikanbauchi: 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Death to any soldiers that have killed innocent person, may he never have the opportunity to retire.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Must Stop Cheering The Demise And Destruction Of Our Soldiers by GodHatesBigots(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Ok. So which of the barracks are you now staying soldier?

I am not a soldier. Thanks.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Stop Cheering The Demise And Destruction Of Our Soldiers by DispatcherLagos: 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

I am not a soldier. Thanks.
I doubt

(1) (Reply)

Shocker! See How Genuine Repentant Bandits Resued A Two- Month- Old Baby, 96 Oth / Borno: Zulum Worried Over Rise Of ISWAP Terrorists / Can Hope Uzodimma Secure His Second Tenore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.