Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? (1663 Views)

Website Designing, Graphic Designing, And Web Hosting Services. Cheap & Reliable / Can I Learn Web Designing On My Own Or Go For A Training / I Need Someone To Take Me Web Designing On A One-on-one Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by Esolver1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2011
A friend invited me a day training on website designing.
I was dubting if i can completely learn website desiging
on just a day seminar.

Now my question my people is, Can one learn and become
a professional website designing for attending just a day
seminar on it?

Thanks.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by DualCore1: 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2011
A thousand years is to God as one day.

Trust in God but lock your car doors.

Have faith but don't abuse it.

- Pastor DC cool
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by Esolver1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
@Pastor DC, Thanks for your reply. But i'm not sure if your preaching relate to my question.
If i need one, i know the section i will go to [religious section].
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by DualCore1: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2011
A word is enough for the wise. smiley

- Pastor DC cool
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by Esolver1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2011
Meaning What! Couldn't understand your parable. sad

Ebeg, go preach to your church members.

I Need serious reply.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by ylinkz: 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
Well from my experience, a seminar might open ur eyes to the beauty of web design. it will tell you what it is all about. where to start from. if the speaker is good, he will teach you the basic stuff and point you in the right direction.
I started that way. i attended a seminar too back in school then. They did not really teach anything but my passion for web design was ignited that day. now, a couple of years and a lot of books later, i can do basically anything in web design.

Web designing is just like an art form, u can be taught the basics, but the creativity lies inside you. u just have to get inspired and bring it out.

Sorry for rambling but to answer your question directly, No, you cannot become a professional designer in one day. heck, u cannot become a professional 'anything' in one day. U can only get the basics.

As a matter of fact, if the price is too high, i'll advice u to pocket ur money and download some books online. There r several self taught web design professionals. you can do it too
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by Jencejyde(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2011
ylinkz:

Well from my experience, a seminar might open your eyes to the beauty of web design. it will tell you what it is all about. where to start from. if the speaker is good, he will teach you the basic stuff and point you in the right direction.
I started that way. i attended a seminar too back in school then. They did not really teach anything but my passion for web design was ignited that day. now, a couple of years and a lot of books later, i can do basically anything in web design.

Web designing is just like an art form, u can be taught the basics, but the creativity lies inside you. u just have to get inspired and bring it out.

Sorry for rambling but to answer your question directly, No, you cannot become a professional designer in one day. heck, u cannot become a professional 'anything' in one day. U can only get the basics.

As a matter of fact, if the price is too high, i'll advice u to pocket your money and download some books online. There r several self taught web design professionals. you can do it too
Well said!
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by DualCore1: 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2011
Same thing with my preaching joor angry grin
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by ylinkz: 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2011
Mr Dual Core, ur head dey really touch. nuffin do u sha. i dey feel ur posts
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by KNET2: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2011
Well said by ‘ylinkz’. I must stress that talent and creativity is key when it comes to web design (just like with any art). If you don’t possess these qualities plus passion, I will advise you should not nurse the idea. Thanks.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by mrperfect(m): 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2011
Depends on what to be teached.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by greenmouse(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2011
A day seminar can only teach you how to use table layout via Dreamweaver (not CSS,JScript,etc)

U can call me for a full practical lecture on web design.

Duration 2weeks.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by moty4all: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2011
greenmouse:

A day seminar can only teach you how to use table layout via Dreamweaver (not CSS,JScript,etc)

U can call me for a full practical lecture on web design.

Duration 2weeks.

Sorry Even 2 Weeks is not enough to be an a Professional web designer.
It is like a sch, step by step
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by epapa(m): 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
web designing is an art. an art is made perfect by practice.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by yawatide(f): 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2011
OP:
Be honest with yourself and answer your own question. what does your gut tell you? furthermore, look at other things in life that are learned and again, answer your own question.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by trimwis: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2011
mr poster to be frank, you can not learn web design even in five years training in in top I.T schools, the secret is you can attend one day seminar that will open your eyes to website design and practice. with constant practice with the little you you have learn you can become a professional webmaster in a short time

The secret to becoming a professional webmaster is constant practice nothing more

either a day training or five years training you can not become a professional webmaster without practice.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by Koboe(m): 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2011
BECOME A PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE DESIGNER IN 3 DAYS AND LEARN HOW TO CREATE WEALTH AS A WEBSITE DESIGNER OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

Do you want to be among the 30 people that we’ll be teaching the exact secrets of making over N50,000 Bi –Weekly just by designing quality professional database driven websites like Facebook.com, Twitter.com, Fiverr.com, Jambonline.org, Unilag.edu.ng,Koboesolutions.com etc.?

I’ll show you in 10 minutes.

Date: 7th - 9th July, 2011 Time: 10am - 4pm Daily

Venue: University of Lagos Guest House, Committee Room A, Lagos, (Nigeria)

Full details @

www.learnwebsitedesigning.com

Kelvin Igbinigie

KOBOE Business Solutions.

+234-706-193-9074
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2011
Caramba! We 'was' asking a question, nobody asked for a dammed advert eh?
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by moty4all: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2011
Why are people so in a hurry to make quick cash, Knowing that it brings poverty,
Just Making Noise, Create a website like facebook, twitter, Rubish in 3 days

Koboe:

BECOME A PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE DESIGNER IN 3 DAYS AND LEARN HOW TO CREATE WEALTH AS A WEBSITE DESIGNER OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

Do you want to be among the 30 people that we’ll be teaching the exact secrets of making over N50,000 Bi –Weekly just by designing quality professional database driven websites like Facebook.com, Twitter.com, Fiverr.com, Jambonline.org, Unilag.edu.ng,Koboesolutions.com etc.?

Full details @

Kelvin Igbinigie

+234-706-193-9074

Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by Slyr0x: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2011
Koboe:

Full details @

Kelvin Igbinigie
+234-706-193-9074

For how much?
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by epapa(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2011
it's not the issue of how much. you can't learn web designing in one day. Nigerians should learn that learning skills take time and building a business takes even longer time.
Re: Can One Learn Website Designing On A Day Seminar? by frisahost(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2011
you can only learn part of the basic from a day seminar,

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings / Get Your Own Soccer Betting Site / Freelance Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.