Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 (5088 Views)

Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) / Whatever The Case, Never Ever Study These Courses / My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Helenbims(m): 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
�� ��� ��� � ���������� �������� ��� ���� ������ ���'� ����, ��� ��� ���� ������ �������!

In the next 5-10 years, some professions will fade off the world and graduates of these professions will become more useless than ever except they up their skills.

Instead of wasting your money sending your children to the university to study irrelevant courses to later populate the unemployment statistics of Nigeria, it will be better you take them through what I call "the job of the future".

Today we are at the process of what has been termed the 4th Industrial Revolution. This isn’t far at all. In many ways the future is already here! The pace of change is rapid and the world of work is being transformed by technology at an ever increasing pace.

To be prepared for the future you have to understand it. Will there be enough employment in the future, and if so what will that job be? How should you upskill or reskill and what do these terms mean anyway? Should you become an entrepreneur and start your own business to diversify your livelihood? Should you develop a portfolio career with multiple sources of income? Which occupations will thrive, and which ones will decline? By one popular estimate, 65% of children entering primary school today will ultimately end up working in completely new job types that don’t yet exist!

Below are 'some' of the skills/professions that will thrive in the future for those who would want to plan ahead for the future:

1. Coding And Software Enhancement
2. Networking Development
3. Web Design, Mobile Application, Robotic Science etc
4. Algorithms Designer
5. Cloud Computing
6. UI/UX Designer
7. Online Frameworks
8. Software Computing
9. Database Administrator
10. Public Relations
11. Video Production/Audio Production
12. Sales (Ex. Affiliate, Offline (e-commerce)
13. Digital Marketing & SEO
14. Copywriting
15. Content Creation
16. Blockchain/Cryptocurrency
17. Cybersecurity & Ethical Hacking
18. Machine Learning
19. Financial Management
20. Trading
21. Foreign Languages
22. Management Consulting
23. Art, design, photography
24. Sports/Fitness Coach/Nutritionist
25. Data Science
26. Information Security Analyst
27. Registered Nurse (RN) & Medicine
28. Technical Writer
29. Software Developer
30. Human Resources (HR) Manager
31. Teaching/ Special Needs Courses
32. Social Work
33. Agriculture
34. Engineering

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Ozimariam440: 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2022
Please some one should help. I am planning to study human resource management at a master level, i don't know if i will offer mathematics as course.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
Helenbims:
�� ��� ��� � ���������� �������� ��� ���� ������ ���'� ����, ��� ��� ���� ������ �������!

In the next 5-10 years, some professions will fade off the world and graduates of these professions will become more useless than ever except they up their skills.

Instead of wasting your money sending your children to the university to study irrelevant courses to later populate the unemployment statistics of Nigeria, it will be better you take them through what I call "the job of the future".

Today we are at the process of what has been termed the 4th Industrial Revolution. This isn’t far at all. In many ways the future is already here! The pace of change is rapid and the world of work is being transformed by technology at an ever increasing pace.

To be prepared for the future you have to understand it. Will there be enough employment in the future, and if so what will that job be? How should you upskill or reskill and what do these terms mean anyway? Should you become an entrepreneur and start your own business to diversify your livelihood? Should you develop a portfolio career with multiple sources of income? Which occupations will thrive, and which ones will decline? By one popular estimate, 65% of children entering primary school today will ultimately end up working in completely new job types that don’t yet exist!

Below are 'some' of the skills/professions that will thrive in the future for those who would want to plan ahead for the future:

4. Algorithms Designer
5. Cloud Computing
6. UI/UX Designer
7. Online Frameworks
8. Software Computing
10. Public Relations
14. Copywriting
15. Content Creation
18. Machine Learning
19. Financial Management
20. Trading
21. Foreign Languages
25. Data Science
28. Technical Writer
29. Software Developer
32. Social Work
33. Agriculture

I'm glad you added Public Relations, you can't underestimate that field so so relevant because everyone/business wants goodwill.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Blake755: 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oga we are already unemployed cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2022
Wait... so social work is important? I'm currently studying it thinking it's useless, I was thinking of switching to another department, fine art dept cos art is my passion

4 Likes

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=avenuedigitals post=109146283][/quote]
What about microbiology? Is my bro wasting his time studying it, I was thinking maybe I can change his mind so he'd switch to med lab......cos microbiology as I've heard is totally useless

4 Likes

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Wahala dey ọ!

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by LikeAking: 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
Op without good connection and info one cant make it in any of the fields u mentioned.

Every thing na conne.............

Ask PHYNO

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by nastyjee: 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
This is a very rude of introducing people to tech....very bad

2 Likes

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2022
Senomi:
Wait... so social work is important? I'm currently studying it thinking it's useless, I was thinking of switching to another department, fine art dept cos art is my passion

It's really important I'll advise you try to go deeper and study further also you might to get out of Nigeria, if you're in Nigeria presently and come back.

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
mayorkun101:

It's really important I'll advise you try to go deeper and study further also you might to get out of Nigeria, if you're in Nigeria presently and come back.
What if I no go ever get chance to comot from nigeria? cos I can't picture myself traveling out, atleast if I'm being realistic not in 20 yrs time, will the course really make sense here? Make hunger no finish me, I heard Its possible to work for ngo's and unesco but that's in the northern part of d country

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Uyi168: 11:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
U go to foreign platforms and come and be doing copy and paste without even considering the Nigeria factor..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 07, 2022
Helenbims:

4. Algorithms Designer
5. Cloud Computing
6. UI/UX Designer
7. Online Frameworks
8. Software Computing
10. Public Relations
14. Copywriting
15. Content Creation
18. Machine Learning
19. Financial Management
20. Trading
21. Foreign Languages
25. Data Science
28. Technical Writer
29. Software Developer
32. Social Work
33. Agriculture

This is for the young

Do not believe what you read on the internet

You still have your whole life ahead of you, you have all the time in the world to decide and choose where your passions lie. You don't need to feel pressured to become what you aren't, the last thing you want in life is to slave away your years of vigor and youth pursuing what would eventually be handed over to you assuming you don't go about receiving it in all the wrong ways and places

Take your time, it's the only thing of value you'll ever truly have. You can get any skill it doesn't have to be technological in as long as it's a skill that doesn't leave you handicapped anywhere you go to in the world

And for the smart aleck that posted this shit you're so short sited you kept all the white collar jobs that are only stable in designated city's, not country's or states but city's, in the world.

Just so you know only 17% percent of the world's population would professionally fit in to any of the jobs listed above, and that makes them unnecessarily high paying jobs and no employer would pay so much for what he could get for cheaper if he pays contract agencies to get eager short sited gurus like you to do the work for him so that you would be proving yourself to heaven knows who but unbeknownst to you, you would be literally teaching your so called subordinates the so called highly treasured skill who in turn get hired for cheaper and you whom was gotten for cheap would be fired therefore putting the "subordinate" in your situation and then the employer let's it all go in circles hiring and firing, diluting the "highly valued skill" and then putting more people out of jobs just because one eager fellow thinks he is being a liberator, therefore making the less sought after skill becoming the highly valued skill because no one is as eager to do them anymore

So there my friend you've just made the world a whole lot more shitty for that unborn child smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by arthurwillia(m): 12:45am On Jan 07, 2022
Lol
Strange but true
Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 07, 2022
Senomi:

What if I no go ever get chance to comot from nigeria? cos I can't picture myself traveling out, atleast if I'm being realistic not in 20 yrs time, will the course really make sense here? Make hunger no finish me, I heard Its possible to work for ngo's and unesco but that's in the northern part of d country

Well these days visa lottery don't work, People are saving up to get out of these place. If the NGOs work for you then you're good.
Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by WorkSage: 3:08am On Jan 07, 2022
Kk

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by Mcxtraglitz: 6:56am On Jan 07, 2022
Not in Nigeria sha o

We're still underdeveloped, we will still be needing those jobs that were not mentioned here till we transition and I tell you that is not happening soon, considering a lot of obvious and obscure factors.
And besides, a graduate in a field can still switch to another by skill acquisition. Na international studies I dey read o abeg grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by HarunaWest(m): 7:46am On Jan 07, 2022
All aspects of Engineering and Environmental Science will be important even in 100 years to come.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by wordcat(m): 8:00am On Jan 07, 2022
Please stop limiting yourself. There's something called opportunity and favour and it can come at any time.

Senomi:

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by merieam16(f): 8:17am On Jan 07, 2022
Thank God my course is there,in other words I can't be jobless grin
Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by lereinter(m): 9:00am On Jan 07, 2022
Except you want to be a lecturer, civil service

I think there's little to gain from nigeria University

Even you gain better on YouTube

Most of the tech courses mentioned above can't be thought in university

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by abumeinben(m): 10:24am On Jan 07, 2022
Helenbims:

4. Algorithms Designer
5. Cloud Computing
6. UI/UX Designer
7. Online Frameworks
8. Software Computing
10. Public Relations
14. Copywriting
15. Content Creation
18. Machine Learning
19. Financial Management
20. Trading
21. Foreign Languages
25. Data Science
28. Technical Writer
29. Software Developer
32. Social Work
33. Agriculture

You try for the write-up.

But you see HR, Management blah blah blah, Foreign languages.... grin. No need to comment.
Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by ecto(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2022
Time Traveller, I salute you oooo
Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by mrdharkchild(m): 11:11am On Jan 07, 2022
Engineering should be written there in capital letters.
Over generations it has always been relevant.
Coding of all sort, in 2030, won't be a professional job.
Google has started work on making d common man arrange codes with just block codes that everyone can understand.
It has already kick started.
I'm a robotics engineer, people appreciate block programming to the old text programming..

Same goes for CCNA, Software Development.
Get your facts right.

In essence, flow with the reality and be relevant

4 Likes

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by leomarz007: 11:16am On Jan 07, 2022
What you study or whether you did not attend a university does not make you have a job or been jobless. This is 2022 try n be using your god forsaken senses

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by CSTRR: 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2022
Senomi:
Study social work.

They are always demand for social workers in UK, Canada and Australia.

1 Like

Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by exposition: 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2022
Where the lawyer where go handle there cases in 2022
Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by UDbester(m): 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2022
All this talk and write up na wash, dangote and abdulsamad no go school yet na them sabi book pass for money, human and business administration
Re: If You Are A Graduate& Didn't Study These Courses You May Be Jobless By 2030 by OperationalVehi: 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
Naa una sabi

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Killed His Friend Today (pics Inside)-yahoo News / Unilag Emerged As Best Law Faculty In Nigeria / What Will You Do If Your Roommate Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.