Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Black Soot Situation In PH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Soot Situation In PH (924 Views)

Wike Declares 19 Persons Wanted Over Black Soot In Port Harcourt / Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix / Increasing Horrible Black Soot In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Soot Situation In PH by StormInc: 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2022

Good evening Nairalanders,

I’m here trying to source information. Please if you’re in Port Harcourt or other affected areas in Rivers State, I’ll appreciate if you can share your experiences on the black soot situation.

How long has it been going on?

How is it affecting the health of residents and that of the environment?

What is the Government doing, or what are they planning to do?

What would you like the Government to do?

Please I’ll really appreciate your responses
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by ThankGodFriday(m): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
Don't you have governor in Rivers State?

1 Like

Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by enochogaga(m): 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
Na wao, Bro the government will not do anything about it, they only do or carryout projects that will put money in their pockets oh, the Masse's are on their own since 1960.
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Kankanio: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2022
I’ve been battling with respiratory issues since July, 2021. I used to go out to run in the early hours not knowing the black soot was gradually causing harm to my respiratory system.

I woke up on January 4 and noticed the mosquito net I sleep under was not looking white. I rubbed my palm on it and you’ll be amazed at what I saw. My palm was black. Attached is a picture I took on January 4th. All doors and windows closed just so you know.

There’s no way that net would have been able to trap all the soot meaning I have still been inhaling it.

I mop my floors everyday, I can’t go bare feet so I’m either on stockings or have slippers on. Hanging of clothes outside is a wrong move. Leaving of doors and Windows open is highly not advised.

I feel for my kids because they have to keep inhaling this thing. I had to send them to Uyo during the holidays. They came back yesterday because schools resume tomorrow. My older daughter started sneezing shortly after she came into Port Harcourt meaning the she’s already reacting to the bad air.

Residents are slowly dying and something needs to be done urgently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by SirBlack999(m): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2022
Go and call the mini emperor. If it is to lock up Igbo shops and commit genocide. He'd be the first in line.

Let's see if he has the brains to handle situations like this
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by neutralmind: 11:02am On Jan 09, 2022
This is sad
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by rayvelez(m): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2022
This is sad and to think the emperor is not doing anything about thing but nah night club shut down be d problem smh.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
Invite FOREIGN EXPERTS to tell the state what to do.

If it's donating N500m to Sokoto state, una go run fast do am.

Spend the N500m on the health of Rivers state dwellers.
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2022
There must be an end to illegal refinery in the whole Rivers State and Niger Delta in general.

Even the air pollution in some place in china is not as bad as thism

1 Like

Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by DabuIIIT: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
There must be an end to illegal refinery in the whole Rivers State and Niger Delta in general.

What about the mining pollution in the SW?
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Truthisunique2: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
Kankanio:
I’ve been battling with respiratory issues since July, 2021. I used to go out to run in the early hours not knowing the black soot was gradually causing harm to my respiratory system.

I woke up on January 4 and noticed the mosquito net I sleep under was not looking white. I rubbed my palm on it and you’ll be amazed at what I saw. My palm was black. Attached is a picture I took on January 4th. All doors and windows closed just so you know.

There’s no way that net would have been able to trap all the soot meaning I have still been inhaling it.

I mop my floors everyday, I can’t go bare feet so I’m either on stockings or have slippers on. Hanging of clothes outside is a wrong move. Leaving of doors and Windows open is highly not advised.

I feel for my kids because they have to keep inhaling this thing. I had to send them to Uyo during the holidays. They came back yesterday because schools resume tomorrow. My older daughter started sneezing shortly after she came into Port Harcourt meaning the she’s already reacting to the bad air.

Residents are slowly dying and something needs to be done urgently.
na cancer una dey use play so

Why don't you guys start relocating since FG is daft
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Truthisunique2: 3:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
DabuIIIT:

What about the mining pollution in the SW?
he is correct

Nigeria Delta has the most pressing pollution need right now and should be getting the needed attention
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Truthisunique2: 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:

if you criticize the illegal refinery fine

Also criticize the pollution the so called legal refinery have been causing in Niger Delta air and waters

2 Likes

Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by DabuIIIT: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2022
Truthisunique2:
he is correct

Nigeria Delta has the most pressing pollution need right now and should be getting the needed attention
Of course,I'm a Niger Deltan and I know that... First thing first,the fed govt should stop has flaring and giveaway for true federalism. Those Niger Deltan hustlers ain't the ones responsible for the soot

1 Like

Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by DabuIIIT: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Also criticize the pollution the so called legal refinery have been causing in Niger Delta air and waters
Now you talking!!
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Most of the water pollution in the Niger Delta is caused by Niger Deltans, if there was no bombing of pipeline, the water pollution in the Niger Delta won't have been as bad as it is now.

If is not for the numerous illegal refineries operating within the Niger Delta, the air pollution won't be this bad too.

Stop to dey blame the people refining legally for the mess in the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Truthisunique2: 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Most of the water pollution in the Niger Delta is caused by Niger Deltans, if there was no bombing of pipeline, the water pollution in the Niger Delta won't have been as bad as it is now.

If is not for the numerous illegal refineries operating within the Niger Delta, the air pollution won't be this bad too.

Saro wiwa have been fighting Niger Delta pollution spilling before you were even born

The pollution have been there before the bursting of pipelines due to breakdown in communication with government

We aren't talking of the gas flaring by all the companies that are supposedly legal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by DabuIIIT: 6:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:

We know you yorubas are enemies of the other south..
Have you ever been this vocal in condemning the exploitation of the Niger Delta by oil companies over the years?
So much for YrbMzlms!!!!
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
DabuIIIT:

We know you yorubas are enemies of the other south..
Have you ever been this vocal in condemning the exploitation of the Niger Delta by oil companies over the years?
So much for YrbMzlms!!!!
What are you talking about Okoro?

How's Afikpo?
Re: Black Soot Situation In PH by DabuIIIT: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
What are you talking about Okoro?

How's Afikpo?
You know I can be very dirty hehehe...
and it's obvious you are immune to anything sensible grin

(1) (Reply)

Throwback: Aregbesola And Osun Governor Oyetola Dancing In School Uniform (pics) / Patriotic Nigerians Unite To Defeat Terrorists / 2023: Lack Of Fairness: I'll Drop My Presidential Ambition If... — Kalu (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.