Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) (1596 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Most Immoral Verse In The Quran? / A Popular Verse In The Bible That Dont Make No Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 8:14am On Jan 07, 2022
Numbers 23:22✓

King James Version

22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed undecided

Surprise surprise, unicorns are not even real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 07, 2022
bible and contradiction.. dnt quote me
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Haakeem(m): 8:21am On Jan 07, 2022
contradiction and bible are like 5 and 6.

Pls don't quote me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MistarT(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2022
Do not read the Bible with a natural mind and reasoning, allow God's Spirit to open things up to you. Many People on planet earth, are lost and suffering from evil habits and lifestyles because they have ignored Holy and righteous living, following God is for the good of man.

1 Corinthians 2
[14]But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

2 Corinthians 4
[4]Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2022
MistarT:
[s]Do not read the Bible with a natural mind and reasoning allow God's Spirit to open things up to you. Many People on planet earth are lost and suffering from evil habits and lifestyles because they have ignored Holy and righteous living, following God is for the good of man.

1 Corinthians 2
[14]But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

2 Corinthians 4
[4]Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.[/s]

Off point. Stick to topic!

3 Likes

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

Numbers 23:22✓
King James Version
22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed undecided
Surprise surprise, unicorns are not even real.

God brought them out of Egypt; they have the strength of a wild ox. Numbers 23:22 NIV

God brings them out of Egypt; they have as it were the horns of the wild ox. RSV

God is bringing them out of Egypt. He is like the horns of a wild bull for them. NWT

I told you "YOU NEED TO WIDEN OUT" smiley
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

God brought them out of Egypt; they have the strength of a wild ox. Numbers 23:22 NIV

God brings them out of Egypt; they have as it were the horns of the wild ox. RSV

God is bringing them out of Egypt. He is like the horns of a wild bull for them. NWT

I told you "YOU NEED TO WIDEN OUT" smiley

NIV Bible (First Published) - 1973

RSV Bible (First Published) - 1946

NWT Bible (First Published) - 1950

King James Version (KJV) Bible (First Published) - 1611

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

NIV Bible (First Published) - 1973

RSV Bible (First Published) - 1946

NWT Bible (First Published) - 1950

King James Version (KJV) Bible (First Published) - 1611

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is really funny!

So going by your logic whatever information that reaches us first is that which comes from the authentic source, shey?

Then why are you born within the 20th century speaking against the book published in the 17th century? cheesy

My friend the time those books were published is not what matters but the source from which all the publishers got what they translated. You and i are chatting now due to what we know, your ability to translate what you have in mind matters much than when it's translated.

What's written in the Bible isn't from the publishers of KJV, NIV, RSV, NWT or any other TRANSLATION, they're just translations not the real source of the information!

I believe you should be smarter than this! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is really funny!

So going by your logic whatever information that reaches us first is that which comes from the authentic source, shey?

Then why are you born within the 20th century speaking against the book published in the 17th century? cheesy

My friend the time those books were published is not what matters but the source from which all the publishers got what they translated. You and i are chatting now due to what we know, your ability to translate what you have in mind matters much than when it's translated.

What's written in the Bible isn't from the publishers of KJV, NIV, RSV, NWT or any other TRANSLATION, they're just translations not the real source of the information!

I believe you should be smarter than this! smiley

@bolded/italics, What's the real source of the information?

1 Like

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

@bolded/italics, What's the real source of the information?

First of all do you now agree that your logic was misplaced?
The translators of KJV committed a lot of blunders that's what prompted other translations.
So all you need to do is calm down and reason not just hastily dismissing everything simply because you're frustrated with the way life is going generally.
For your information, thieves, ritualists, rapists and many more are results of the frustration hidden within the hearts of many around you. So don't think others aren't feeling the same way you do, but real intellectuals takes things step by step.

The real source of the information found in the Bible is GOD! 2Timothy 3:16
The writers whose names you found as titles of each book are like secretary to the Author (GOD) so it's His thoughts they penned down not their own! 2Peter 1:21

Now the translators found the information and couldn't just turn away that's why they're trying to interpret it for others to grasp the import of the messages.
If they get it right you will see the result in the midst of those putting it to use! Matthew 7:16-18

I am one of God's friends so no matter your grievances or harsh response i perfectly understood what you're going through in within! Proverbs 20:5

So calm down and ask your questions! 1Peter 3:15 smiley
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

First of all do you now agree that your logic was misplaced?
The translators of KJV committed a lot of blunders that's what prompted other translations.
So all you need to do is calm down and reason not just hastily dismissing everything simply because you're frustrated with the way life is going generally.
For your information, thieves, ritualists, rapists and many more are results of the frustration hidden within the hearts of many around you. So don't think others aren't feeling the same way you do, but real intellectuals takes things step by step.

The real source of the information found in the Bible is GOD! 2Timothy 3:16
The writers whose names you found as titles of each book are like secretary to the Author (GOD) so it's His thoughts they penned down not their own! 2Peter 1:21

Now the translators found the information and couldn't just turn away that's why they're trying to interpret it for others to grasp the import of the messages.
If they get it right you will see the result in the midst of those putting it to use! Matthew 7:16-18

I am one of God's friends so no matter your grievances or harsh response i perfectly understood what you're going through in within! Proverbs 20:5

So calm down and ask your questions! 1Peter 3:15 smiley
How did God pass the information across to this his secretaries?

1 Like

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

How did God pass the information across to this his secretaries?
Through different means: dreams, visions and sometimes angels (supernatural beings) were sent to tell them what to write {Hebrews 1:1} they heard and penned down those informations!

Uptownerd:

You got to let go of this bitterness I sense in you.

smiley
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Through different means: dreams, visions and sometimes angels (supernatural beings) were sent to tell them what to write {Hebrews 1:1} they heard and penned down though informations!

smiley

Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

What are the things this your so called monster has been doing and where are those believing in it, him, her? smiley
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What are the things this your so called monster has been doing and where are those believing in it, him, her? smiley
Have you seen that you have comprehension issues?

One wonders how someone who lacks simple comprehension ability will understand an ancient book with talking donkeys and flying horses.
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

Have you seen that you have comprehension issues?
One wonders how someone who lacks simple comprehension ability will understand an ancient book with talking donkeys and flying horses.

My friend, books are meant to be read and UNDERSTOOD.
To anyone who read the book but couldn't grasp it's content such a book will mean trash but to those getting the sense and making the best use of it's content nobody can convince them otherwise.
So what has your flying spaghetti monster been doing, leave my own book i know the meaning of it's content and millions globally have been making the best use of it! smiley
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Through different means: dreams, visions and sometimes angels (supernatural beings) were sent to tell them what to write {Hebrews 1:1} they heard and penned down those informations!
smiley

Ummmmm! And they penned down 4 different accounts of The Resurrection of the same person in the 4 gospels and no one actually saw the resurrection take place.

In Matthew: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary saw an angel. "Come and see the place where he lay. "He has risen"
In Mark: Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome saw a young man.
In Luke: The women saw 2 men who said to them "He is not here; he has risen!"
In John: [Notice there was no angel or young man. Here it was just Mary Magdalene, Peter and the other disciple]
"Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.". "So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple". "Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb". "The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen". "Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside". "Then the disciples went back to where they were staying"
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Ummmmm! And they penned down with 4 different accounts of The Resurrection of the same person in the 4 gospels and no one actually saw the resurrection take place.

In Matthew: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary saw an angel. "Come and see the place where he lay. "He has risen"
In Mark: Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome saw a young man.
In Luke: The women saw 2 men. "He is not here; he has risen!"
In John: [Notice there was no angel or young man. Here it was just Mary Magdalene, Peter and the other disciple]
"Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.". "So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple". "Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb". "The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen". "Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside". "Then the disciples went back to where they were staying"

The points of emphasis regarding resurrection is what matters not what different people who are contemporaries said about the event!

Jesus was betrayed!
He was arrested!
He was arraigned, charged and judge wrongly!
He was executed and on the third day he rose from his tomb.

Do they all agree on these note? smiley
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

My friend, books are meant to be read and UNDERSTOOD.
To anyone who read the book but couldn't grasp it's content such a book will mean trash but to those getting the sense and making the best use of it's content nobody can convince them otherwise.
So what has your flying spaghetti monster been doing, leave my own book i know the meaning of it's content and millions globally have been making the best use of it! smiley

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is coming back again Rapture style... According to the FSM, those who don't believe him will go to and rot in hell where their flesh will be roasted and fed to Spaghetti Monster demons.

It's really scary!
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The points of emphasis regarding resurrection is what matters not what different people who are contemporaries said about the event!

Jesus was betrayed!
He was arrested!
He was arraigned, charged and judge wrongly!
He was executed and on the third day he rose from his tomb.

Do they all agree on these note? smiley

No they don't as none of the women and the disciples actually saw the resurrection take place. They only saw an empty tomb and still gave four different accounts.
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is coming back again Rapture style... According to the FSM, those who don't believe him will go to and rot in hell where their flesh will be roasted and fed to Spaghetti Monster demons.

It's really scary!

That's what misinformed Churchgoers taught you, right?
Well God doesn't have the time to waste on those who have proved to be useless to Him, they will die like all others the only difference between the faithful and faithless is the RESURRECTION hope.

So calm down and learn, what God told Adam is "you will die and return to dust" that was the judgment of the worst criminal in the history of mankind! smiley
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2022
MindHacker9000:

No they don't as none of the women and the disciples actually saw the resurrection take place. They only saw an empty tomb and still gave four different accounts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this shows how much you meditate on things you read.
Remember they all saw him being killed and later saw him again but this time alive so all what you're reading are what each person could gather regarding their leader who was dead and living again.
Of course they need to explain what they knew regarding his come back after death because they were battle prepared to die for the fact that he is no more a dead man! smiley
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's what misinformed Churchgoers taught you, right?
Well God doesn't have the time to waste on those who have proved to be useless to Him, they will die like all others the only difference between the faithful and faithless is the RESURRECTION hope.

So calm down and learn, what God told Adam is "you will die and return to dust" that was the judgment of the worst criminal in the history of mankind! smiley

Well, the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't have the time to waste on those who have proved to be useless to Him, they will die like all others. The only difference between the faithful (Spaghetti Monster believers) and faithless (infidels like you) is the RESURRECTION hope.

Very scary.

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

Well, the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't have the time to waste on those who have proved to be useless to Him, they will die like all others. The only difference between the faithful (Spaghetti Monster believers) and faithless (infidels like you) is the RESURRECTION hope. Very scary.

Good!
So keep your faith strong in your spaghetti! cheesy
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Good!
So keep your faith strong in your spaghetti! cheesy
You too.
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

You too.
I will always keep my faith in Jesus Christ and continue preaching zealously and industriously teaching anyone i come across.
They will beat their swords into plowshares and vowed never to raise weapons against their fellowman! Isaiah 2:2-4

I hope your spaghetti does something worthwhile for you and your neighbours! wink
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I will always keep my faith in Jesus Christ and continue preaching zealously and industriously teaching anyone i come across.
They will beat their swords into plowshares and vowed never to raise weapons against their fellowman! Isaiah 2:2-4

I hope your spaghetti does something worthwhile for you and your neighbours! wink
He is. The Spaghetti Monster is currently holding the earth in the tip of his hands... He is patiently waiting to bring end time and punish all those who didn't believe in him.
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this shows how much you meditate on things you read.
Remember they all saw him being killed and later saw him again but this time alive so all what you're reading are what each person could gather regarding their leader who was dead and living again.
Of course they need to explain what they knew regarding his come back after death because they were battle prepared to die for the fact that he is no more a dead man! smiley

And Jesus only appeared to HIS disciples but His crucifixion was seen by many and not just His disciples, His miracles were seen by many too. But then He only appeared to His disciples after His resurrection!

1 Like

Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by majorgr: 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
Actually the unicorn in the Bible has been linked to rhinoceros, just because of difficulty translating it to English they use the word unicorn. The Bible wasn't written in English so some times you still need to refer back to the original language when interpreting to find out what the etylogy says.
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
Uptownerd:

He is. The Spaghetti Monster is currently holding the earth in the tip of his hands... He is patiently waiting to bring end time and punish all those who didn't believe in him.

Now i'm sure you're one of those usual atheists disguising with another moniker!
Re: See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) by Uptownerd: 3:28am On Jan 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Now i'm sure you're one of those usual atheists disguising with another moniker!
You will go to the Flying Spaghetti Monster hell for lying against me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Possibilities Through Faith / Rationalisations For Christianity (Africa) / Derren Brown Exposes Leg Lengthening Trick Played By Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.