Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,243 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 (1369 Views)

Nigerians Express Confidence In Osinbajo Ahead Of 63rd Birthday / Abba Kyari, El Rufai & Co Opens War Against Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 / Vice - Presidential Debate: Online Voters Pick Osinbajo Ahead Of Obi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by TheRareGem1(f): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2022
One of the hallmarks of a true leader is to shield or take the blame due a subordinate. More often than not, the leader is either selfless or the subordinate has earned it.

In the case of President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, both seem to apply. When President Buhari granted an interview to Channels TV and said he was not going to name his preferred successor because he did not want him eliminated, it was clear to many he was referring to Prof. Osinbajo.

Osinbajo is no stranger to mainstream media, and for reasons one many consider political, he has been the target of fake news the minute he assumed office and his principal must know this.

To President Muhammadu Buhari, his VP has earned the right to be shielded. Osinbajo is famously known for his steadfastness and unwavering loyalty, attributes he has demonstrated over and over again in his capacity as deputy, and acting president. It is obvious to many that Osinbajo would rather throw himself under the bus, than drag his boss’s name through the mud. Suffice it to say that he is his number one salesman.

It is my view that the President has simply reciprocated the gesture of the Vice President and I think it is clear who the President will back in 2023.

He has tested his deputy with leadership roles and functions and Prof. Osinbajo has passed in flying colours.

The fact that he relates with all Nigerians irrespective of social class, status, tribe, ethnicity, religion, etc has made him the choice man for most Nigerians, however it is his achievements that sets him high above other political leaders.

Garba Abubakar writes from Kaduna

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Lifted2000: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2022
Going forward in Nigeria, this should be the standard of leadership across board.
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Kriss216: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2022
Buhari can't be foolish to hand over power to Osinbajo or Tinubu.

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by TheRareGem1(f): 8:38am On Jan 07, 2022
Many Nigerians already known who bubu was referring to, but hypocrisy, not ready to say what it is and jealousy is making them twisting the narrative to suit their ego...somebody even said Baba was referring to Tambuwal grin grin. Even a toddler won't agree with you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by OgundeleTeju: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2022
When I watched that interview,I knew Mr President was referring to Osinbajo,l love the fact that Mr p is a good thinker

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Joyce95: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2022
This is the can of Vice President Nigeria ever needed and i pray he will be come our next president Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by GreatTormentor: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2022
We know
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Dobb: 8:42am On Jan 07, 2022
When Osinbajo hasn’t even said he is running and they already want to kill him. Attacks from left and right. I can imagine what will happen if he say he will run.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by okefranci: 8:43am On Jan 07, 2022
Kriss216:
Buhari can't be foolish to hand over power to Osinbajo or Tinubu.
How do you mean? A wise man cant talk the way you are talking
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Adelekan40(m): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2022
The president has his personal reasons. A good number of Nigerians knows Prof.Osinbajo is the most preferred candidate. However, I wouldn't want to speculate President Buhari's reasons.
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by BigSarah(f): 8:46am On Jan 07, 2022
grin grin grin

Ije

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by okefranci: 8:46am On Jan 07, 2022
I know whom Baba Buhari was referring to but let me keep the name for now
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by AkalaJ: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2022
cheesy You Osinbajo social media handlers should stop being lazy and acting desperate. Buhari has refused to endorse your principal, which is a big slap on his touted/rumoured ambition. You people should stop embarrassing Osinbajo by making him appear desperate. For all we know, prof may not even run at the end of the day, but you guys seem ready to cajole, and even burn bridges just to project a candidate that hasn't even indicated interest in succeeding his boss.

9 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Validated: 8:50am On Jan 07, 2022
Osinbajo is a whimp, even worse than Jonathan. Infact, common IPOB can chase Osinbajo out of Aso Rock. ISWAP and bandits will hoist their flag inside Aso Rock. Nigeria needs a leader with heart of STONE and balls made of STEEL. Not Tinubu, Osinbajo or Jonathan. Moreover, Osinbajo is the chief architect of the economic woe we now face. He was head of the useless economic team that drowned Nigeria in debt and double recessions.
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by hales: 8:50am On Jan 07, 2022
It is ok to say mr president is smart!!!!
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by TheRareGem1(f): 8:52am On Jan 07, 2022
Validated:
Osinbajo is a whimp, even worse than Jonathan. Infact, common IPOB can chase Osinbajo out of Aso Rock. ISWAP and bandits will hoist their flag inside Aso Rock. Nigeria needs a leader with heart of STONE and balls made of STEEL. Not Tinubu, Osinbajo or Jonathan.

Hmmmm. Then you no nothing of and about the man. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Shooyie: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2022
Buhari knows who he was referring to but the protection of the person is very important as he will be that quick and authoritative character we have been yearning for in the leadership of this Nation.
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Validated: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2022
TheRareGem1:

Hmmmm. Then you no nothing of and about the man. Lol.
I know him more than you. Even as a parish pastor and area pastor he was a weakling. As a commissioner, he sold Lagos to Alpha-Beta. Is that the person you want to challenge the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy?

1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Blackfire(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2022
Just look at rhis fallen demons o...

You southerners haven't got the memo

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by TheRareGem1(f): 9:11am On Jan 07, 2022
Validated:

I know him more than you. Even as a parish pastor and area pastor he was a weakling. As a commissioner, he sold Lagos to Alpha-Beta. Is that the person you want to challenge the Hausa-Fulani oligarchy?

Yeah. You do know him grin

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Zeemam: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2022
I'm sha crossing my fingers for Osinbajo 2023 by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Joylove2324(f): 9:14am On Jan 07, 2022
Osinbajo is more than capable

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Kriss216: 9:17am On Jan 07, 2022
okefranci:

How do you mean? A wise man cant talk the way you are talking
Senseless people can not comprehend the words of a wise man.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by JaroMan: 9:39am On Jan 07, 2022
Why I think President Buhari is Shielding Ogbonnaya Onuh.

1. He's from the zone that is politically disadvantaged
2. He's from the zone that is economically disadvantaged
3. He is stranger to media
4. He doesn't have the financial war chest
5. He is unassuming and a gentleman to the core.

These having been said, I doubt if Buhari has the capacity to choose a successor for his party and Nigeria. He has no such clout like ubiquitous OBJ.
So anybody he is Shielding is on a lonnnng thing.
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by orisa37: 5:26am On Jan 08, 2022
TINUBU IS A WARLOCK.
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by orisa37: 5:29am On Jan 08, 2022
TINUBU IS A WARLOCK. REMI IS A WITCH. NIGERIA IS IN TROUBLE WITH THEM.
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by helinues: 5:31am On Jan 08, 2022
Toh
Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 08, 2022
OgundeleTeju:
When I watched that interview,I knew Mr President was referring to Osinbajo,l love the fact that Mr p is a good thinker

Good thinker. Buhari. Choose one.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Is Shielding Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023 by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 08, 2022
Validated:
Osinbajo is a whimp, even worse than Jonathan. Infact, common IPOB can chase Osinbajo out of Aso Rock. ISWAP and bandits will hoist their flag inside Aso Rock. Nigeria needs a leader with heart of STONE and balls made of STEEL. Not Tinubu, Osinbajo or Jonathan. Moreover, Osinbajo is the chief architect of the economic woe we now face. He was head of the useless economic team that drowned Nigeria in debt and double recessions.

A whimp that, as an acting president, kicked out a Fulani DSS DG when he outstepped his boundary? Pls reduce the quantity of that mpuri mriri or whatever you slugs take in that your yeast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Governorship Campaign In Ifelodun Lg(pics / US Governor Declares August 13 As Igbo Day / Tinubu Government Will Be Christian Dominated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.