Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language (866 Views)

Dart Vs Javascript: Which Of These Languages Is Much Harder To Learn? / In Need Of A Programmer Good With Golang And Also IOS / Java, Golang And Python Developers Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by ozcarbenson(m): 10:35am On Jan 07, 2022
Hi guys, I recently got admitted into a software engineering bootcamp.

I am kinda perplexed in making a decision between C# and JavaScript.

I have beginner knowledge of python and I'm able to solve some algorithms with JavaScript

I'm particularly concerned about the job market. Which of them has more job opportunities?

And also which one of them will enable pick up other languages faster in future?

Thanks
Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by DrBrainstorm(m): 11:12am On Jan 07, 2022
C#.
But lets wait for the more experienced Devs.

1 Like

Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by jesmond3945: 11:40am On Jan 07, 2022
Javascript. Has more demand and job prospects.
Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 07, 2022
Twitter and LinkedIn are full of people testifying about how JavaScript took them out of the trenches. No programming language spins tech millionaires faster than JavaScript.
This is my take.

3 Likes

Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by Altairx440: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2022
JavaScript hands down.

JavaScript is the language of the web, there are many career options available, both front-end and back-end. Plus if you know JavaScript you will be able to easily pick up many C like languages, for example Dart.

C# is also good especially for game development, but the job market is not big enough especially in countries like Nigeria.

Then there's Go, commonly referred to as the modern C, Go is simple and elegant but the job market is almost nonexistent in Nigeria, also you'll have deal with pointers and other details which will definitely bug you as a noob.

I started with JavaScript, then to Dart, Kotlin, Go and now Rust, All in the span of 3 months, though I now only use Dart and Rust. JavaScript was the eye opener for me, it will be for you too.
Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by BlaqFaze: 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
It really depends on the software career path you want to follow
Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
Stick to JavaScript. You'll not regret it.

C# is fun and almost as easy to learn.
C# is about Microsoft so you have to develop on or with Microsoft tools.
If you're not a fan, it might look scary. 'might'
Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by DrBrainstorm(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2022
Altairx440:
JavaScript hands down.

JavaScript is the language of the web, there are many career options available, both front-end and back-end. Plus if you know JavaScript you will be able to easily pick up many C like languages, for example Dart.

C# is also good especially for game development, but the job market is not big enough especially in countries like Nigeria.

Then there's Go, commonly referred to as the modern C, Go is simple and elegant but the job market is almost nonexistent in Nigeria, also you'll have deal with pointers and other details which will definitely bug you as a noob.

I started with JavaScript, then to Dart, Kotlin, Go and now Rust, All in the span of 3 months, though I now only use Dart and Rust. JavaScript was the eye opener for me, it will be for you too.
3 months experience? Anyways, these are your opinions which are really not totally correct.

1 Like

Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by T0BY(m): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
Go for Javascript
Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by harveyosho1(m): 9:26am On Jan 08, 2022
No language is actually useless(the top 20 language as of 2021)of which includes Go and C#
If you want to stay in the Nigerian market, well it best you learn JavaScript as web assembly cannot access DOM directly
C# if you thinking beyond Nigerian market( UNITY game engine comes to mind, Desktop GUI for Microsoft) but the thing is dat sooner or later you would learn JavaScript... Am a machine learning developer (thanks to the course am studying in school made it easier for me) but I know d fundamental of JavaScript for web development and cross platform app(react native)
Well GO is relatively new... Much better for systems engineering but mind you... There aren't much community support for GO... Because it new...
My advise is for u is... Work on your GitHub and answer questions on stack overflow... As it makes you more credible wen thinking outside Nigerian market
Good luck and happy coding!
Re: Between C#, Golang And Javascript Which Should I Learn As My First Language by Deicide: 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
JavaScript ES6 - ES8

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Learning Cyber Security / Javascript Help!!! / Chatgpt API Is Ready For Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.