Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 (14008 Views)

Itel Partners With Lagos Food Bank To Reach Widows On Valentine's Day / Itel Partners With Slot For Exclusive Sales Of Its 1st 2gb Ram And 4g Lte Device / Infinix Mobility Partners With Jumia, Slot To Launch Hot 5, Lite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by OpenGrazing: 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
TikTok and the Confederation of African Football (CAF) have announced a first-of-its-kind partnership that will bring football content to fans, globally.

It marks TikTok’s first major brand partnership in Africa and supports the continent’s most popular sport – football.

TikTok will be supporting the TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations, Africa’s biggest sporting event, kicking off on 9 January 2022 in Cameroon.

TikTok will also be a part of the action for the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League 2022 and the TotalEnergies CAF Women’s Africa Cup of Nations 2022 in Morocco.

The collaboration between TikTok and CAF will allow fans to celebrate the tournaments’ unforgettable moments together.

With everything from pre and post match content and highlights, to football-related challenges, TikTok will become a home for the spirit and passion of these iconic sporting events.

TikTok will be offering its community new ways of creating and engaging with African football, with cool in-app effects, a special hub for tournaments as well as cool features and filters for the football community to enjoy.

This partnership comes as TikTok cements its position as the perfect platform for football fandom and culture across both men’s and women’s games, with the #football and #Soccer hashtags racking up an incredible 273 billion & 108 billion views to-date, respectively.

On the continent, #AfricanFootball with over 48.3 million views is proof that Africans continue to love football content on the platform, while creating great review content and participating in fun-filled challenges.

Earlier this year, the fast growth of sporting talent, fan communities, creative sports trends and commentary on the platform led to TikTok becoming the first digital entertainment platform to sponsor a major international tournament for UEFA with EURO 2020.

With over 1.4 million followers on TikTok, the official CAF TikTok account has also fast become Africa’s footballing go-to fandom & with tournaments such as AFCON making a return on the continent, we can expect to see continued growth and love for the sport on the platform.

Boniswa Sidwaba, TikTok Content Operations Manager for Africa, said: “Fans on the African continent have not been able to come together to enjoy the beautiful game of football due to COVID-19 regulation.

For us, this is also an opportunity to bring African football fans around the world together again, online, starting with the much anticipated TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations. As a proudly multicultural continent, Africa is beaming with creativity and talent.

“We see a lot of potential to harness and cultivate creative football expression on our platform. We certainly look forward to inspiring fans to celebrate and participate in content unique to TikTok, in the most African way possible, providing great entertainment for the community.”

CAF General Secretary, Mr Veron Mosengo-Omba said: “We are truly delighted to have TikTok come on board as an official partner. Football content in Africa is in high demand and together with TikTok we are able to create and encourage the online community to engage in and create the type of content that will take both brands to new markets.

We look forward to working with TikTok in creating true African football experiences for fans around the world. This partnership recognises CAF not just as a football body but our position as the single-biggest football entertainment producers in Africa, giving fans everywhere, world-class football experiences throughout the year.”

More announcements on what the football community can expect on TikTok will be made in the coming days. Fans are encouraged to follow TikTok Africa social media pages for updates.

Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/01/06/tiktok-partners-with-caf-ahead-of-afcon/

2 Likes

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by enoch273: 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2022
Wow! This partnership is simply brilliant. bringing Africans together, and at the same time abiding by the COVID-19 regulations.

12 Likes

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Iceman296: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2022
Lots of brand should take advantage of this competition to Market their products

5 Likes

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by xcesspaschal(m): 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good one
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by money121(m): 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by FalseProphet1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2022
I see Nigeria lifting the AFCON tournament.

This I have seen.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Hapinex01: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2022
Hmm
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Shetemi12(m): 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2022
That's a good development but we are not hearing about the funds they are bringing to the table. Respect Europeans, you think everyone is there at the meeting when they release their report.

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Hisbah5: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2022
I just hate tiktok

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by CriticMaestro: 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
Maybe all this tik tok girls will promise our stars free puna as motivation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Eriokanmi: 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
Hisbah5:
I just hate tiktok
as they keep raking billions of dollars into their pockets grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by slawormiir: 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Let the tournament begins

I got this strong feeling that we are bringing that damnnn trophy home

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by neduboo(m): 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
Deals are beings closed here
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Kreationity: 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Franktom247(m): 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2022
Dear CAF send your account number i want to be a sponsor too and how much to buy the trophy for super eagles

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2022
Facebook
I
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2022
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter for sale.
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Alark(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
Better than betking

Okocha na bad dancer
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by princeemmma(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2022
tik tok don dey hit the ose bulla bulla money, their soap the work currently "na your time, us am well
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by We4all: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2022
Tik Tok to the moon. That platform is fire and way better than Instagram, Facebook and YouTube combined. But it is too addictive and can steal your time.

I’m sure that annoying Mark has been devising means to acquire it like he did with Instagram and WhatsApp.

I just hope the owners don’t fall for it so we can at least have a huge platform that isn’t owned by an American.

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Exkandayee(m): 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
I'm in Cameron laidis, there ladies are so humble,they love naija guys,see how they are all over me, if no b na new year resolution,I for don start banging,but I promise my gbola this year no broke girls,all we doing is girl weh get money like us,,if you no get money I pass..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2022
Does that mean we will watching the tournament live on TikTok or what??

Ah no understand oo

It's welcome development sha

Congratulations to CAF
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by sotall(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2022
undecided
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by robosky02(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by Originality007: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Let the tournament begins

I got this strong feeling that we are bringing that damnnn trophy home

weed weed weed
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by jagged44: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
Afcon wey no football club get respect for.
Re: Tiktok Partners With CAF Ahead Of AFCON2021 by bluefilm: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2022
Does this mean AFCON2021 is going to be a big Joke just like Tiktok itself?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Winning Eleven 2020 (WE 20) APK Soccer Game For Android / Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? / The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.