Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? (2696 Views)

Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Obiworld2020: 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2022
Show quoted text
VFS GLOBAL BIO-METRIC APPLICATION ( ABUJA NIGERIA - 2022)

Dear Nwoko Fidelis Obiora,

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your work permit visa application and supporting documentation, Be informed that you will book for your bio-metric date before we invite you for a Bio-metric test,

Note: Cash payments are not allowed. All payments must be made via bank or online.

KINDLY FOLLOW THE VFS GLOBAL LINK BELOW TO FILL AND MAKE PAYMENT FOR YOUR BIO-METRIC CAPTURING.

https://biometric-application-center.gc-c.cc/NG/BIOMETRIC_VISA_APPLICATION_FORM.html

AMOUNT:

Bio-metrics (per person) ($85 cad) - = ₦27,274.99 NGN
Processing fee – ($86 cad) - = ₦27,595.87 NGN
Total (per person) ($171 cad) - = ₦54,870.86 NGN

PAYMENT PROCEDURE.

1) Note: After payment, you will receive a payment confirmation and bio-metric instructions and the date to enable you to arrive at the Canadian Embassy in Nigeria for bio-metric identification.

2) Make sure to submit your proof of payment to the payment official email address below for verification .

Email: payments@international.gc-cc.online

Regards,
Nigerian Canadian Embassy.
Address: Sterling Bank Plaza,
3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District 900211, Abuja, Nigeria.

Now the thing is this, I got a job from so a Canadian employee,(company) long story cut short, this is where we are right now in the whole process, and why am afraid is that money is not involved, should I go ahead and pay the money or go to the embassy first to confirm??

Please help.
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Obiworld2020: 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
I mean to say money is now involved!!
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by socialmediaman: 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2022
It should be gc.ca not gc-c.cc

Egungun be careful na express...

7 Likes

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by nwauwa(m): 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2022
Very fake..RUN

3 Likes

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Coly2012(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
If you are not sure,go to the embassy and confirm before making payments,or check online.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Stephen0mozzy: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2022
socialmediaman:
It should be gc.ca not gc-c.cc

Egungun be careful na express...

You have said it all.

Now OP, your question is, who knew about your visa waka and your email address that could send this?

You do anything for cafe/business center?
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by icon02(m): 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
Visit vsf visa center in person

1 Like

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by ednut1(m): 12:17am On Jan 08, 2022
Scam
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Obiworld2020: 2:27am On Jan 08, 2022
Thanks guys, I will have to go to the embassy myself to verify .

Though I was the one who sent email to the embassy , with a filled LMIA form, temporary Resident Permit form, and my international passport attached to the Mail, base on the instructions from the company. So the email I attached to my post here was there reply.
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by ednut1(m): 3:15am On Jan 08, 2022
Obiworld2020:

Though I was the one who sent email to the embassy , with a filled LMIA form, temporary Resident Permit form, and my international passport attached to the Mail, base on the instructions from the company. So the email I attached to my post here was there reply.
dont waste your transport its a cheap scam.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by socialmediaman: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2022
Obiworld2020:

Was it the company that gave you the email address of the embassy? Or how did you find the email address of the embassy? Was it the email with gc-c.cc that you sent email to and go this reply? Help us understand how this potential scam originated
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Obiworld2020: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2022
[it was the company that gave me the email of the embassy, two email address actually, Canada embassy in Lagos and that of Abuja, then I sent the mail to Abuja embassy office, with the attached copy of LMIA form, Temporary work permit form, and my scanned international passport. These are the things the company asked me to forward to the embassy.quote author=socialmediaman post=109220611]

Was it the company that gave you the email address of the embassy? Or how did you find the email address of the embassy? Was it the email with gc-c.cc that you sent email to and go this reply? Help us understand how this potential scam originated [/quote]
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by socialmediaman: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2022
Obiworld2020:
[it was the company that gave me the email of the embassy, two email address actually, Canada embassy in Lagos and that of Abuja, then I sent the mail to Abuja embassy office, with the attached copy of LMIA form, Temporary work permit form, and my scanned international passport. These are the things the company asked me to forward to the embassy.quote author=socialmediaman post=109220611]

Was it the company that gave you the email address of the embassy? Or how did you find the email address of the embassy? Was it the email with gc-c.cc that you sent email to and go this reply? Help us understand how this potential scam originated

You should be careful with the company. That email address ending with gc-c.cc doesn’t belong to the Canadian embassy. Canadian embassy official emails should end with gc.ca

I won’t paste any website address here, please Google “Canadian High Commission Abuja” yourself and see their official website and contact information
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Lucas4903: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2022
The moment anything coming from.Canada is not gc.ca then it is more than fake. Even inside Canada here dem still dey run scam and the government always advice that you look out for that simple thing gc.ca
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by megastu(m): 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2022
The same pattern i have been seeing since 2006 when I joined Nairaland and people are still falling in 2022. Na wah oh.

OP just forget about any money you have paid and run fast.
Obiworld2020:

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Shidah: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hello. Please did you go to the embassy for confirmation. The same e-mail I received.
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by ednut1(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
Shidah:
Hello. Please did you go to the embassy for confirmation. The same e-mail I received.
its fake. You have no appointments or application with the embassy. So what are they going to confirm The email is clearly a cloned one

1 Like

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by maridrug(m): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2022
Obiworld2020:
Show quoted text
VFS GLOBAL BIO-METRIC APPLICATION ( ABUJA NIGERIA - 2022)

Dear Nwoko Fidelis Obiora,

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your work permit visa application and supporting documentation, Be informed that you will book for your bio-metric date before we invite you for a Bio-metric test,

Note: Cash payments are not allowed. All payments must be made via bank or online.

KINDLY FOLLOW THE VFS GLOBAL LINK BELOW TO FILL AND MAKE PAYMENT FOR YOUR BIO-METRIC CAPTURING.

https://biometric-application-center.gc-c.cc/NG/BIOMETRIC_VISA_APPLICATION_FORM.html

AMOUNT:

Bio-metrics (per person) ($85 cad) - = ₦27,274.99 NGN
Processing fee – ($86 cad) - = ₦27,595.87 NGN
Total (per person) ($171 cad) - = ₦54,870.86 NGN

PAYMENT PROCEDURE.

1) Note: After payment, you will receive a payment confirmation and bio-metric instructions and the date to enable you to arrive at the Canadian Embassy in Nigeria for bio-metric identification.

2) Make sure to submit your proof of payment to the payment official email address below for verification .

Email: payments@international.gc-cc.online

Regards,
Nigerian Canadian Embassy.
Address: Sterling Bank Plaza,
3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District 900211, Abuja, Nigeria.

Now the thing is this, I got a job from so a Canadian employee,(company) long story cut short, this is where we are right now in the whole process, and why am afraid is that money is not involved, should I go ahead and pay the money or go to the embassy first to confirm??

Please help.
Please how do you get the Job?
It looks scam.
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by boljmak: 9:14am On Feb 16, 2022
Bro. How did it go? I am having a similar experience right now. I just received this mail;

I want to be sure about the genuity.
Dear----------------------------
We received your documents, be informed that you will perform your bio-metric test in Your country as soon as possible for us to start the visa process.
We will contact the VFS Global - Canada Visa Application Centre, in your country for you to have your bio-metrics test. (bio-metric test is a digital finger scanner that collects images of all 10 digits, and you will have a digital photo taken. The digital fingerprint scanner uses no inks, liquids or chemicals and will not mark your skin.)

Requirements

1. Temporary LMIA
2. Temporary Visa Form
3. Your International Passport

Send a Signed LABOR MARKET IMPACT ASSESSMENT (LMIA) and a TEMPORARY VISA FORM for your bio-metric test with your international passport (soft copy) to the Canadian Embassy email address below depending on your place of residence.

Email: abuja@vfsglobal.gc-cc.online
OR
Email: lagos@vfsglobal.gc-cc.online

Note: if you have not received the Canadian embassy’s email with the booking date for the bio-metric test, please do not go to the Canadian Embassy office, as you may not be permitted to enter.

We will be giving you 4 working days to forward the above details to the Canadian embassy email address above, and also send one back to us.

Note: Non adherence to our laid down procedure can result in disqualification.
We advise our clients to quit or discontinue if they are not comfortable with our policies.

Regards,
Director.
Couche-Tard Oil
Address: 3190 Rue Alexandra, Québec, QC G1E 6W2, Canada.

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by pansophist(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Fake. The email exposes them.

1 Like

Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by Legacyedition: 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2022
boljmak:
Bro. How did it go? I am having a similar experience right now. I just received this mail;

We received your documents, be informed that you will perform your bio-metric test in Your country as soon as possible for us to start the visa process.
We will contact the VFS Global - Canada Visa Application Centre, in your country for you to have your bio-metrics test. (bio-metric test is a digital finger scanner that collects images of all 10 digits, and you will have a digital photo taken. The digital fingerprint scanner uses no inks, liquids or chemicals and will not mark your skin.)

Requirements

1. Temporary LMIA
2. Temporary Visa Form

Send a Signed LABOR MARKET IMPACT ASSESSMENT (LMIA) and a TEMPORARY VISA FORM for your bio-metric test with your international passport (soft copy) to the Canadian Embassy email address below depending on your place of residence.

OR

Note: if you have not received the Canadian embassy’s email with the booking date for the bio-metric test, please do not go to the Canadian Embassy office, as you may not be permitted to enter.

We will be giving you 4 working days to forward the above details to the Canadian embassy email address above, and also send one back to us.

We advise our clients to quit or discontinue if they are not comfortable with our policies.

Regards,
Director.
Couche-Tard Oil

For Canada applications, work permit, study permit or visitation. You will only get biometrics instruction letter after you've applied. And you will pay all fees online before submitting your application.

Their contacts also end with gc.ca
Re: Is This Email Truly From Canadian Embassy In Abuja Or Is It A Scam?? by managingpartner(f): 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
Please take time to read the comments so far. If you had read them, you won't bother to bring yours online because they are same.

In a nutshell, don't fall for it, scammers are at it again.

Your mail and OP mail were from fraudsters- useless bunch of idiots causing pains to innocent people.

quote author=boljmak post=110268497]Bro.
how did it go? I am having a similar experience right now. I just received this mail;

Requirements

1. Temporary LMIA
2. Temporary Visa Form

OR

Regards,
Director.
Couche-Tard Oil

(1) (Reply)

Best Route From Nigeria To Dominica? / 2 Nigerian Children Starve To Death On Immigration Boat / Airline Offers Free UAE Tourist Visas For Nigerian Travellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.