Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term (17409 Views)

Osun Guber: Aregbesola Moves Against Oyetola, Declares Support For Adeoti / Governor Oyetola Declares 24-Hour Curfew / Hijirah: Osun Governor Oyetola Declares Public Holiday To Mark New Islamic Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by moshuur(m): 9:39am On Jan 08, 2022
Ologogoro:

APC performed woefully because they gave an unpopular Oyetola the ticket. Real politicians decamped cos of Oyetola. The election could have be a landslide victory for APC if not for the decampees. Imagine the former SSG had over 60k votes with an unknown party the vote that was supposed to be for Oyetola.
In Osun today what has changed? Nothing, Oyetola is clueless, his in paying pensioners? It's always 4yrs and he is yet to empower anyone, he collected 3k from jobless youths for teaching job & it's over 2yrs yet he is yet to employ anyone. Father and Son his serving in his government.
Baba calm down...ssg got most votes in iwo axis and some voted for him cause he's from their axis....all those votes are not necessarily meant for Oyetola (they are meant for adeoti cuz he's d one on d ballot).
u forgot that omisore decamped from pdp...I know a lot of people that would av voted for pdp but they voted for omisore (me inclusive) thereby splitting d votes of pdp.
although u're correct (Oyetola is not popular).
Even is d state capital where they literally worship aregbe, they don't really like Oyetola.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Johnnyessence(m): 10:05am On Jan 08, 2022
Prince111111:

This your calculation can not work in Osun.. Oyetola is not from the west side which made Adeleke to get a massive votes there in 2018. People are still singing this same song of WEST LOKAN. By the way, you just rubbished Rauf's Infuence in Osun APC, Rauf is even more loved in Osun APC than Oyetola smiley
out of 10 local government in Osun central senatorial district, Ade dancer will win 7 local government out of 10 in Osun central senatorial district not to talk of the whole 10 local government in Osun west senatorial district that the next governor should come from in this year poll. July 16th is the date. Keep it.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Ologogoro: 10:33am On Jan 08, 2022
moshuur:

Baba calm down...ssg got most votes in iwo axis and some voted for him cause he's from their axis....all those votes are not necessarily meant for Oyetola (they are meant for adeoti cuz he's d one on d ballot).
u forgot that omisore decamped from pdp...I know a lot of people that would av voted for pdp but they voted for omisore (me inclusive) thereby splitting d votes of pdp.
although u're correct (Oyetola is not popular).
Even is d state capital where they literally worship aregbe, they don't really like Oyetola.

It's cool you admit Oyetola isn't popular. Now do you think the governor can win his re-election bid with or without TOP? Can you tell us 3 things he has done that would prompt us to vote him again ?
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2022
Anyway he is a Gentleman Governor that one you can't take away, but the problem is the fractionalization going on in his party.. ..in this matter na Baba God hand e dey..because he has two battles to fight... e should biko leave Chief MC Oluomo for Madam Teni and not import foreign powers into the state ...make the peace for dey continue.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:54am On Jan 08, 2022
Osun people have not really suffered enough so they should go ahead with him.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2022
seunmsg:

APC almost lost Osun state in 2018 because of Aregbesola. As it stands, Aregbe and his fellow noisemakers can’t do anything. They can’t work against the party and even if they choose to, they will fail because they are not popular enough.

Oyetola has corrected the mistakes of Aregbesola. Workers are now being paid regularly and there is nothing like half salary again. All the irrational and divisive policies of the past have been reversed.

The governor will win his senatorial district easily while the illiterate dancer will win his own district as well. The Ijesha/Ife district will decide the winner and good enough, Omisore who usually lock down Ife votes is now with APC. The governor’s people will be in charge of mobilizing for votes in the Ijesha axis unlike the last time out when it was left to Aregbesola who failed woefully to deliver.
Which workers are paid regularly. Are you from Osun State and do you work with state government as a civil servant. Don't say what you don't know.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by osondujt5: 11:32am On Jan 08, 2022
seunmsg:

APC almost lost Osun state in 2018 because of Aregbesola. As it stands, Aregbe and his fellow noisemakers can’t do anything. They can’t work against the party and even if they choose to, they will fail because they are not popular enough.

Oyetola has corrected the mistakes of Aregbesola. Workers are now being paid regularly and there is nothing like half salary again. All the irrational and divisive policies of the past have been reversed.

The governor will win his senatorial district easily while the illiterate dancer will win his own district as well. The Ijesha/Ife district will decide the winner and good enough, Omisore who usually lock down Ife votes is now with APC. The governor’s people will be in charge of mobilizing for votes in the Ijesha axis unlike the last time out when it was left to Aregbesola who failed woefully to deliver.
Illiterate dancer born and bread in the USA, stop giving falsified and unrealistic calculation, ife-ijesha is a goal for PDP with the influence of a serving senator, serving HOR former deputy governor and the rest omisore never control this axis and you know this
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by ThatFairGuy1: 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
Apt.
Meanwhile Lasun is not from West, he's from Central.

Najeem Salam Should contest, he's from West and he'll beat Oyetola to victory
Prince111111:

So for your mind Rauf is nothing anymore right? Did you even read Baba Akande's Book at all? Omisore is not what he used to be..stop depending on him for Ife votes. Beside, what you said is very funny that Rauf Factions can't work against the party says who?
This is Nigeria where we believe in politics of one's interest. The three APC Juggernauts of Lasun, Adeoti and Salam not even mentioning Rauf could have made it easier for Oyetola to win but as it stands now, TOP are the majority in the party and watch as one of the three guys come out and run against Oyetola because the song of the day of "WEST LOKAN" is still on...and the three are from West side where Adeleke is also from, and either they run under APC or under one of its proxim parties like AD, APM, ADP among others. Oyetola is the governor and should be respected by Rauf but the day he made a secret pact with Omisore started his dwindling among his party faithfuls because Omisore's antecedent is a very dirty one.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by ThatFairGuy1: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
grin
Mr Johny grin
The Poor Political analyst grin
Johnnyessence:
out of 10 local government in Osun central senatorial district, Ade dancer will win 7 local government out of 10 in Osun central senatorial district not to talk of the whole 10 local government in Osun west senatorial district that the next governor should come from in this year poll. July 16th is the date. Keep it.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by NohurryInLife: 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
We're clamouring for things to get settled you're here pointing accusing fingers on Aregbesola'a personality. Who gave u those warp Political Permutations because if truly you're in Osun, you wouldn't say this.

TOPS are irrelevant in Osun grin grin

Aregbesola is nobody right grin
Bi Iya nla ba gbe'ni sanle kekere a maa gori eni, oga o.

You're making me laugh sha.
His mistakes has been cleared, what mistake? Lock up on Osun Politics, you don't understand it

TOPS are irrelevant, do you even know what you're saying?

Najeem Salam, Kasun Yusuf, Adeoti are not on the side of the governor, neither the TOPS and you're saying this. You need to go to Osun Seriously and know what's going on.

If it should continue this way without even working against oyetola, HE WILL NEVER WIN.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON IN OSUN JOR

LEMME PUT THIS TO YOU, IF TODAY AREGBESOLA AND OYETOLA CONTEST IN AN ELECTION IN OSUN, THE MARGIN AREGBESOLA WOULD GIVE OYETOLA WILL BE VERY WIDE. YOU MUST HAVE THOUGHT AREGBESOLA'S NAME HAS SPOILT IN OSUN BECAUSE OF THOSE MEDIA PROPAGANDA AND TRIAL. I LAUGH AT YOU. HE STILL RETAIN THAT STREET CREDIBILITY.

I'm laughing at you and those giving you this false hope and feeding u lies. Those who're with oyetola now are UNKNOWN POLITICIAN, BABY POLITICIANS IN OSUN grin
You sabi ball guy cool

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Johnnyessence(m): 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
grin
Mr Johny grin
The Poor Political analyst grin
As if you are electorate in Osun State?? Oyetola is a goner.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by moshuur(m): 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
grin Mr Johny grin The Poor Political analyst grin
Jonnyessence is a member of pdp...

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by moshuur(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
ENIGMATIC2023:

Which workers are paid regularly. Are you from Osun State and do you work with state government as a civil servant. Don't say what you don't know.
Baba....they are paid regularly
and am saying what I know.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Prince111111: 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
Apt.
Meanwhile Lasun is not from West, he's from Central.

Najeem Salam Should contest, he's from West and he'll beat Oyetola to victory
Yes but his mother is from West I think..so he also claims West.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by alen4smith(m): 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
agulion:
We prefer Adeleke
the illiterate dancer?
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Prince111111: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2022
moshuur:

Baba....they are paid regularly
and am saying what I know.
Please stop misinforming people here, I have so many people in the civil service. Beside payment of salary isn't an achievement because it's an obligation of the government. It is a normal thing for a father to feed his family.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by agulion: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2022
alen4smith:
the illiterate dancer?
, he is just like Bola Tinubu
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by moshuur(m): 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
Prince111111:

Please stop misinforming people here, I have so many people in the civil service. Beside payment of salary isn't an achievement because it's an obligation of the government. It is a normal thing for a father to feed his family.
baba this one no be misinformation oooo....I be osun guy and I also have a lot of civil servants around me.
Look in dis country of ours, payment of salary is considered an achievement (welcome to d shit hole country)...
A lot of states are oweing salaries.
He might be paying regularly because of his second term ambition.

I'm not an apc/pdp member.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by 77up(m): 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2022
Whazar:
Adeleke is the Osun state governor waiting

Everyone knows this
Stop deciving yourself,no one know anything about that. Dancing senator is just on his own.

Oyetola 4+4=8
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by 77up(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
babtoundey:
The man is the apt definition of failure!
Fear God

He's among the first 10 best governor in Nigeria. Come to Osun to see for yourself and stop then say online. If you are in Osun , you are either PDP or APC TOP member.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by 77up(m): 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
sultry69:
You are not in Osun,you didn't know much about Osunpolitics, if Oyetola failed to reconcile with Aregbe,he's destined to loss,PDP has already been rejoicing on their disagreement, Can you tell me how Oyetola will campaign when it is time for campaign, he will loss big time if he refused to reconcile with Aregbe,that is the only man that can campaign and people with dance along not even Tinubu, because most didn't know Tinubu as their leader.
If na aregbe be your case, reconcilation team are already in Osun on top the mata.

Oyetola re-election is a God's own project that cannot fail.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by babtoundey(m): 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2022
77up:
Fear God

He's among the first 10 best governor in Nigeria. Come to Osun to see for yourself and stop then say online. If you are in Osun , you are either PDP or APC TOP member.

What did you use to measure that? 10 best governor my foot! He is from my town and I'm disappointed at his performance. Only a useless, exceedingly useless government/governor will charge jobless youth to pay money before they can be allowed to apply for teching job. Only a clueless governor will conduct recruitment into teaching service for a period of (approximately) two years without having any tangible results.

I am not a politician, but i haven't seen a government as useless as the one he heads

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Johnnyessence(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2022
77up:
If na aregbe be your case, reconcilation team are already in Osun on top the mata.

Oyetola re-election is a God's own project that cannot fail.
the so called reconciliation doesn’t yield any fruit yesterday. Top leaders and members have vowed with their blood to make government ungovernable for Igbin iragbiji alias Oyetola in this year poll. Ade dancer is the People’s choice.
Oyetola that failed woefully in reconciling with the aggrieved Osun core Apc leaders and members is now arranging Sakamaje reconciliation with Aregbesola. � I just dey laugh. Oyetola is a goner
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Johnnyessence(m): 8:39am On Jan 09, 2022
RECONCILIATION AND 10 QUESTIONS FOR GOVERNOR OYETOLA

It is good for Governor Gboyega Oyetola and his loyalists to be over-excited over the reconciliation committee visiting Osun. After all, we have seen the desperation for it in the last few weeks assumed a feverish dimension.
No one is interested in letting the APC go down in the state. However, can the Governor answer the following questions with all sincerity? The questions are as follows:

1. Can Governor Oyetola publicly now renounce his administration’s three years of demonization of Aregbesola over debt?
2. Can he tell the whole world that the salary modulation strategy to weather the storm of global economic crisis that peaked by 2014 was all jointly agreed to and it is fraudulent and ungodly to malign Aregbesola over that?
3. Can he come out to admit that his administration did not start the full salary regime but was resumed by the Aregbesola administration six months before the end of his administration the moment the economy of the state started improving?
4. Can Gov Oyetola now tell the world the motive behind the reversal of the education reform and be sincere with it?
5. Can Gov Oyetola now tell the world he was merely playing dirty politics with the alarm that the mega-schools constructed by Aregbesola were of poor standard and not fit for Osun students?
6. Can Governor Oyetola now come out clean with factual figures over Osun finances both under Aregbesola and since he assumed office more than three years ago?
7. Is Governor Oyetola ready to allow proper running of the affairs of APC by first sacrificing those illegally running the party affairs since he assumed office?
8. Can Governor Oyetola ask members of his cabinet who have abandoned their duties and become daily attack dogs on Aregbesola to tell the world they were on a devilish mission?
9. Can Governor Oyetola now tell the world what in clear terms were Aregbesola’s offence for which he must take his pound of flesh?
10. Above all, can provide concrete evidence to his claim that Aregbesola was not interested in he becoming his successor?

#QuestionsForOyetola

By: Concerned Youths of Osun APC
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by 77up(m): 8:49am On Jan 09, 2022
Johnnyessence:
the so called reconciliation doesn’t yield any fruit yesterday. Top leaders and members have vowed with their blood to make government ungovernable for Igbin iragbiji alias Oyetola in this year poll. Ade dancer is the People’s choice.
Oyetola that failed woefully in reconciling with the aggrieved Osun core Apc leaders and members is now arranging Sakamaje reconciliation with Aregbesola. � I just dey laugh. Oyetola is a goner
Jonny Jonny grin
E go chock you cheesy , thank God you are use to that already grin
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Johnnyessence(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
77up:
Jonny Jonny grin
E go chock you cheesy , thank God you are use to that already grin
Oyetola is a goner. Reconciliation kooo restructuring niii niiii. No hope for Osun State Apc in the upcoming governorship election.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by Johnnyessence(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
APC Reconciliation Committee Meets Salinsile-Led Party Excos
– As Chairman Demands Oyetola’s Resignation From Caretaker Committee
The National Reconciliation Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led by Senator Abdullahi Adamu, on Saturday evening, met the leadership of the party in the state led by Hon. Rasaq Salinsile.

– As Chairman Demands Oyetola’s Resignation From Caretaker Committee
Sodiq Yusuf
The National Reconciliation Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led by Senator Abdullahi Adamu, on Saturday evening, met the leadership of the party in the state led by Hon. Rasaq Salinsile.
The meeting which ended at 7:10pm lasted over two hours, 30 minutes.
Speaking with newsmen at the end of the meeting, Chairman of the Reconcilation Committee, Senator Adamu expressed optimism that the crisis in the party in Osun will be resolved.
Adamu noted that the party members were honest and straightforward with their submissions which will be considered in the report of the committee when it returns to the National Secretariat.
He said: “We are very encouraged with the presentations of the party members. The people have been straightforward, they have been very honest in their various submissions and we have taken note of the comments, contributions and the interventions they made.
“We were a committee, we were sent by the party. We will take all of these things. Where we have reasons that are tangible in the petitions, we listen to the petitioners, then we make our report to the people that appointed us.
“I believe that God has his intention for us to make the party appoint us as the reconcilation committee and we are driven by the spirts that determine the formation of the committee by the party in a sincere way, and by the grace of God as optimists and positivists, we believe we will succeed in this assignment.
“We had very interesting submissions, they have been honest enough with us and we appreciate that.”
In his submission, the APC Chairman in the State of Osun, Alhaji Rasaq Salinsile, said his executives at the meeting demanded that Governor Adegboyega Oyetola should resign from the National Caretaker and Extraordinary National Convention Planning Committee, since he has declared intention to contest for second term.
Salinsile said his faction also demanded for the validation of the ward, local and state congresses it conducted in the state.
According to Salinsile, the party members are optimistic that the Abdullahi Adamu committee will do justice to their demands and will not compromise the way other committees did in the state.
He said: “Our demands were two. One, our executives from the ward, local government and state levels of the party in the state of Osun should be recognised. We also want Governor Oyetola to resign from the National Caretaker Committee. Since he has declared to contest for second term and the National Secretariat, which he (Oyetola) is part of will conduct the primaries, then he cannot be a judge in his own case.
“His involvement in the lingering crisis in the party is not an understatement as he has no doubt influenced the decisions of the committees earlier sent to the state.
“We are hopeful that this committee won’t be like the others and will do what is just and right.”
At the meeting were the members of the Reconcilation Committee including former Deputy Governors of Lagos and Oyo States, Mrs Idiat Adebule and Chief Moses Alake Adeyemo among others.
Former Speaker of the State of Osun House of Assembly, Hon. Najeem Salaam, Chairman, The Osun Progressives (TOP), a caucus of the party in the state, Reverend Adelowo Adebiyi, former cabinet members in the administration of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Messrs Adelani Baderinwa, Gbenga Akano, Biyi Odunlade, Barrister Kolapo Alimi among were also present at the meeting.
Re: Oyetola Declares To Run For Second Term by bobchigar(m): 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
agulion:
We prefer Adeleke
On Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Oil Thieves Jailed In Calabar For Six Years / How Buhari Campaign Organization Fraudulently Used Pseudo Companies - Leadersng / Imo To Recover Oil Wells From Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.