Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) (783 Views)

The Big Catfish We Caught While In A Canoe / The Big Fish We Caught During Our Lockdown Expedition. / Snake And Cane Rat For Dinner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
32-million naira pricetag!

Tickets for South Africa's ruling ANC gala dinner have been sold out - including those sold for a whopping 1.2 million rands (32 million naira) to nab a seat next to party president Cyril Ramaphosa.

The ANC is hosting the fundraising gala dinner at the Protea Hotel in the Limpopo province on Friday evening ahead of its birthday celebrations this weekend.

This is in an effort to secure funds for the broke governing party, which is celebrating its 110th anniversary.

Sipho Mbele, convener of the Progressive Business Forum, which is facilitating the bash, said they had surpassed their own expectations. Mbele confirmed that all tickets have been sold.

“Yes, this includes the R1.2m (N32m) tickets. We’re currently dealing with a situation where there is a lot of demand for the tickets but we must first deal with [Covid-19] compliance because we are limited to a certain number of people.

“We’ve surpassed our own expectations, and what this means is that business still wants to engage with leaders of the ANC.

“The dinner will not only be attracting business from leaders from Limpopo but outside the province as well. Some are flying in and others are driving from Gauteng (Johannesburg and Pretoria),” Mbele said.

Aside from seats next to Ramaphosa, a seat next to party deputy president David Mabuza will cost R1m (N26m), while sitting next to the party’s national chair, Gwede Mantashe, and treasurer-general Paul Mashatile will set you back R95,000 (N2.5m).

The cheapest ticket is R5,000 (N130,000).

The ANC has stressed the controversial R1.2m (N32m) price tag to share a table with President Ramaphosa isn’t a fast track to amass lucrative government tenders, but merely an opportunity to get advice from the president, expand your mind, or become a better citizen.

1 Share

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2022
The menu includes SA's national animal - the springbok - and favourite snack - biltong (dried meat).

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by Treasure17(m): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2022
32 million naira just to seat next to the president? Except there's something huge to extract from the gathering.

1 Like

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by Golan007: 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
Biltong..
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by illicit(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
I can borrow d money
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by heniford2: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2022
Yeye people undecidedsit with the president and Covid19 SA people self undecided undecided and mumu na 5 nd 6

2 Likes

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2022
heniford2:
Yeye people undecidedsit with the president and Covid19 SA people self undecided undecided and mumu na 5 nd 6

You wanna cry, henifraud undecided
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by Kriss216: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2022
N32M to dine with the president and there's no Oha soup or Ofe nsala in the menu?

I'll pass.

1 Like

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
Kriss216:
N32M to dine with the president and there's no Oha soup or Ofe nsala in the menu?

I'll pass.

You're getting a chance to eat exotic SA food, dude. How many people can say they've eaten springbok?

I checked out oha - it's just some leaf and ofe nsala is fish (no offense). Isn't that everyday food?
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
illicit:
I can borrow d money

You'll get it back in government contracts cheesy
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by bigcee(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2022
TMKsouth:

You're getting a chance to eat exotic SA food, dude. How many people can say they've eaten springbok?

I checked out oha - it's just some leaf and ofe nsala is fish (no offense). Isn't that everyday food?
Please don't offend the Gods.

2 Likes

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by Aidejay(m): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2022
All that money to seat next to Ramsphosa. Lol....!
If it was Jacob zuma or mandela now I woulda said bingo!

But Ramsphosa grin

Trevor noah hasn't heard this yet!
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:02am On Jan 08, 2022

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by lkillbrokehoes: 10:05am On Jan 08, 2022
heniford2:
Lol those xenophobic negroes are something else entirely cheesy
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:17am On Jan 08, 2022
lkillbrokehoes:
Lol those xenophobic negroes are something else entirely cheesy

Ikissbrokejoes & henifraud2... sitting in a tree... k.i.s.s.i.n.g cheesy

U went and sniffed out a dead thread about SA like u always do so u can join in the mumuness.
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by heniford2: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2022
TMKsouth:

You wanna cry, henifraud undecided
am only going to get worried because 99% of ur con3 people has covid19 know the few ones who has not the covid ur fraud president wants to defraud them and infect them too with omo covid19 undecided grin wink
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by Golan007: 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
TMKsouth:

I've eaten Springbok and Kudu at the waterfront in Cape Town.

Very nice.

1 Like

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by Nokio1: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2022
What is 9ja's national animal?

1 Like

Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nokio1:
What is 9ja's national animal?

I thought it might be the eagle but it's not cheesy

Will let Nigerians tell u this one.
Re: Dinner With The SA President This Weekend - Here's The Big Pricetag! (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2022
bigcee:

Please don't offend the Gods.

Oops! Sorry grin

(1) (Reply)

Attention Pork Lovers / What Is For Dinner Today? / The Latest Innovation In The Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.