Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Arsenal To Remove Red From Shirt And Play In All-white In FA Cup. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal To Remove Red From Shirt And Play In All-white In FA Cup. (386 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Gives Young Irish Pitch Invader His Shirt And Hug( Pics) / Chelsea To Face Arsenal In FA Cup Final As De Gea Errors Eliminate Man United / Arsenal Face Manchester United In FA Cup 4th Round, Liverpool Ousted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal To Remove Red From Shirt And Play In All-white In FA Cup. by Kenneth10110(m): 1:25am On Jan 08, 2022
Arsenal to play in all-white kit for the first time in Sunday's FA Cup tie at Nottingham Forest to raise awareness about knife crime and youth violence; Idris Elba tells Sky Sports News why he was keen to get involved with the 'No More Red' initiative.

Arsenal will play in a one-off all-white strip against Nottingham Forest as part of the launch of the No More Red outreach and anti-knife crime initiative with adidas.

Arsenal are removing the red from their iconic shirt and will wear a custom all-white kit for the first time in Sunday's FA Cup third-round tie with Nottingham Forest at the City Ground.

The kits will not be commercially available and will be awarded only to individuals who are making a positive difference in the community.

The collaboration with the club's kit manufacturer will build on the work of Arsenal in the Community to keep youngsters safe by providing fresh investment for safe spaces to play football, and mentorship opportunities that will see local young leaders supported by creative talent including Ian Wright and Idris Elba.

"I hope it makes an impact that ripples into other football clubs and inspires other collaboration ideas, and investment in practical things to help young people, whether that's football pitches, or youth centres like the one I went to in Forest Gate where I played sport and where I actually fell in love with film.

"We need to give young people, especially teenagers, another option and an alternative to knife crime and gangs. It's about what we can offer them as an option."

The 10 shirts worn by Arsenal's outfield players in the cup tie will be gifted to organisations working in the community to address some of the root causes of knife crime and youth violence. The Don't Stab Your Future initiative - utilising fashion to support people working to keep kids away from crime - is one such organisation.

Arsenal no more red all-white shirt
Award-winning actor Elba has used his status to raise awareness about knife crime and says the No More Red initiative is a cause that instantly struck a chord with him.

"The reasons why they [adidas and Arsenal] are doing this really resonated with me.

"I've got a big youth following and people always say to me: 'Idris, you came from the same place I came from, how did you do it?' And, it's the same with the footballers.

"To see these two giants say we want to do something significant, specific to the culture of football, that says we are watching, we care, we want to do something - that really resonated with me. It really did."

Re: Arsenal To Remove Red From Shirt And Play In All-white In FA Cup. by Kenneth10110(m): 1:27am On Jan 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: Arsenal To Remove Red From Shirt And Play In All-white In FA Cup. by Christianos: 1:45am On Jan 08, 2022
Laudable. COYG.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal To Remove Red From Shirt And Play In All-white In FA Cup. by Ahmback(m): 2:02am On Jan 08, 2022
Men
Re: Arsenal To Remove Red From Shirt And Play In All-white In FA Cup. by Greyworld: 2:48am On Jan 08, 2022
MAN U should do what now? White devils �??

Meanwhile Buhari be like: Since there is knife violence in the UK, they should stop the production, importation and general use of knife.
Re: Arsenal To Remove Red From Shirt And Play In All-white In FA Cup. by Kenneth10110(m): 7:43am On Jan 08, 2022
Christianos:
Laudable. COYG.

COYG not only on the pitch but in all areas of life.

(1) (Reply)

President Of Equitorial Guinea Gifts Players $1m For Quater Finals In AFCON.. / Manchester United Stunned By Middlesbrough After FA Cup Shootout Defeat. / The Richest Coaches In Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.