Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

Why Do People Use This Phrase "Sorry For Yourself" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Use This Phrase "Sorry For Yourself" (236 Views)

Please We Are Sorry. Now We Understand (Pix) / What Happened That Made You Feel Sorry For Your Parents? / Did Your Family Use This Plate & Tray? (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Use This Phrase "Sorry For Yourself" by Ajmoziz(m): 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
So i am really curious about this strange behaviour people have,like if somebody complains about maybe something did and you apologize,they reply with this statement,like I have been trying to wrap my head around,what are some possible reasons for saying it.
And I will illustrate with a story,so someone yesterday came to complain to about my little cousin who is presently with me,that she doesn't greet ,that she doesn't know the kind of home training she has but she should change.my response was it's not like she doesn't greet,it's a personal thing,she has swore never ever to greet you and you know why,when she greets you,most times you don't respond,but one day when she was distracted when you were passing and you said something along the lines of can't you greet,her response was,ohh sorry,good afternoon ma but your response was sorry for yourself and walked away.when she told me,I told her never in her life ever greet you again and if ever you ask can't you greet again,she should just say,my uncle said I should not greet you again and walked away.in essence ,I just want to know what sorry for yourself means and why people use it,like what do they hope to achieve by saying it
Re: Why Do People Use This Phrase "Sorry For Yourself" by Mariangeles(f): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2022
Na busybody people dey sabi use that phrase pass. grin

(1) (Reply)

The Heart As Timeless As Infinity / Episiotomy Again?........hell No!!!!!!! / 10 Tips On How To Improve Your Libido(for Couples Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.