Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) (2371 Views)

2023: 10 Reasons Why Tinubu Will Win – Pastor Adelaja / Osinbajo Campaign: RCCG Youth Pastor Calls For Sack Of RCCG Head Politics Dir / "Oduniyi Adelaja, Badoo Kingpin Adopted As Ogun APC Candidate" - Group Petitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by adenigga(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
Embattled Nigerian Pastor based in Ukraine, Sunday Adelaja, has again criticised leader of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

In a video published to YouTube, Adelaja replays a video of Adeboye lecturing on the subject ‘Sacrifice Overturns Wrath’ in which he quotes Psalm 41:1-3, using the Scriptural reference to encourage attendees to financially partner with his ministry.

“If you are a giver, when you are sick, God will visit you”, Adeboye is seen stating in the video, while reading out from the bible.

But Adelaja pointed out that Psalm 41 actually states, “Blessed is he who considers the poor; the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble”.

He explained that the context refers to giving to the less privileged, not to a church or pastor. The founder of Embassy of God described Adeboye’s interpretation as a “broad daylight lie”.

“He is twisting the Bible just for people to give to him,” he fumed. Meanwhile, controversial media personality, Daddy Freeze, has jumped on Adelaja’s jab at Adeboye, posting the clip on Instagram.

“Sunday Adelaja punches a hole in Pastor Adeboye’s doctrine,” Freeze wrote.

“The givers the Bible is talking about are those that give to the POOR not to PASTORS!”

Freeze has been at the forefront of a very public spat with Nigerian megachurch pastors over the contentious issue of tithing.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Adeboye-is-a-liar-misinterprets-bible-Pastor-Adelaja-carpets-RCCG-head-VIDEO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Illuminatiship(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Benbellamor: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
abi o
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Cholls(m): 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by IamANigerianMan: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
Let stop all this nonsense, to give pays, either to support the gospel or help the poor is very good , it pays.... What is the fight for... God help with the me grace to help the poor and support your Gospel this year IJN

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by helinues: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
grin

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by yanabasee(m): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
And the funny thing is how people just believe them and see you criticizing them as evil person ..

I have said it, anytime I go to church, all I notice is how the pastors or elders will make money their priority.... From how they want you to bring out money for them to get an instrument or complete a building or something.... You can't go to church without spending a dime.

And they make you believe that you MUST give money in the church...

The other time, some zombies quoted me and asked me if i was compelled to go out and offer my offerings .. And I don't know how they think....

If you don't participate in offerings or something, the pastor will indirectly call you out to perform some miracles and will be telling you silly visions he sees in you... I am not always cut up for such dramas, so I just do the needful and go my way...

But church's mission, aims and objectives in Nigeria is misplaced.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by ERockson: 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
This Adelaja is a known fraudster. He should keep shut, he has manipulated his sheeps more than Adeboye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by xpressionx(m): 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
This Adelaja MAN should go and rest
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by psucc(m): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
xpressionx:
Go and rest? No! He surely tells the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by adenigga(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
yanabasee:
And the funny thing is how people just believe them and see you criticizing them as evil person ..

I have said it, anytime I go to church, all I notice is how the pastors or elders will make money their priority.... From how they want you to bring out money for them to get an instrument or complete a building or something.... You can't go to church without spending a dime.

And they make you believe that you MUST give money in the church...

The other time, some zombies quoted me and asked me if was compelled to go out and offer my offerings .. And I don't know how they think....

If you don't participate in offerings or something, the pastor will indirectly call you out to perform some miracles and will be telling you silly visions he sees on you... I am not always cut up for such dramas, so I just do the needful and go my way...

But church's mission, aims and objectives in Nigeria is misplaced.
For your observation of this prevalent happenings in Churches, may........

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by TechTack: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2022
Wahala
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Eirmon: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2022
Gbas gbos
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by IGOSLAPYOU(f): 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2022
All afonja pastors are fake.
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by rejoice4eva(m): 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2022
Unpaid publicity
You can do nothing against the truth but for the truth.
No wonder Daddy GO is getting better daily with those he is leading.
While the agent of darkness are being frustrated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Piggyeasterner: 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
Who does not know before?
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by techWriter3: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2022
come and whole? No! He surely informs the true.
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Lanretoye(m): 5:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Lanretoye(m): 5:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
One brainwashed person that doesn't even have what to eat for dinner will still come against them now.instead of them to give out of their surplus,na just to dey rake.
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Omooba77: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2022
adenigga:

Embattled Nigerian Pastor based in Ukraine, Sunday Adelaja, has again criticised leader of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

In a video published to YouTube, Adelaja replays a video of Adeboye lecturing on the subject ‘Sacrifice Overturns Wrath’ in which he quotes Psalm 41:1-3, using the Scriptural reference to encourage attendees to financially partner with his ministry.

“If you are a giver, when you are sick, God will visit you”, Adeboye is seen stating in the video, while reading out from the bible.

But Adelaja pointed out that Psalm 41 actually states, “Blessed is he who considers the poor; the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble”.

He explained that the context refers to giving to the less privileged, not to a church or pastor. The founder of Embassy of God described Adeboye’s interpretation as a “broad daylight lie”.

“He is twisting the Bible just for people to give to him,” he fumed. Meanwhile, controversial media personality, Daddy Freeze, has jumped on Adelaja’s jab at Adeboye, posting the clip on Instagram.

“Sunday Adelaja punches a hole in Pastor Adeboye’s doctrine,” Freeze wrote.

“The givers the Bible is talking about are those that give to the POOR not to PASTORS!”

Freeze has been at the forefront of a very public spat with Nigerian megachurch pastors over the contentious issue of tithing.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Adeboye-is-a-liar-misinterprets-bible-Pastor-Adelaja-carpets-RCCG-head-VIDEO

Psalm 41:1 Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
2 The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
3 The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Bulletproofgt: 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2022
Even during 2020 there so many proclamations that were stated to be from God but were not because they never happened from daddy GO. So many of his teachings lately negate divine inspiration but stems from his human opinions or ideas. Followers forget there brains at home and dont question comments in church
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Glory4ever(m): 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2022
xpressionx:

I am still surprised that Adelaja hasn't relocated to Nigeria to start his church cos he promised to do so.

He said he was going to "push" this MOGs from the "market* by preaching only the truth as in raw truth.

Such an embittered soul!

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by naija4life247: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
Another idiot looking for attention.

If idiots cannot read English Bible themselves, then any fraudster that is reading the Bible and interpreting it in his own favour in order to extort other idiots, such a fraudster on the pulpit should be praised.
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by yuping(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2022
undecided
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by GreatTormentor: 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
ok
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by yuping(m): 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
Cholls:
undecided I'm confused.
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by GreatTormentor: 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
You need help, although your issue need divine intervention, it is beyond me but I will help you a little, even "deranged" person knows that Jacob fought with an angel in Genesis 32:30
Cholls:
Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Cholls(m): 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
GreatTormentor:
You need help, although your issue need divine intervention, it is beyond me but I will help you a little, even "deranged" person knows that Jacob fought with an angel in Genesis 32:30

Re: Adeboye Is A Liar, Misinterprets Bible – Pastor Adelaja Carpets RCCG Head (2017) by Reporterdeadly: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2022
E no get any week wey owa Nigerian pastors no dey carry God name put inside wahala, which time again im go use answer people prayer if him own wahala come plenty pass those wey want him epp. Nawa o

(1) (Reply)

This Is A Primary School In Katsina State Buhari Home Town / Tension In Apc Over A Possible Alliance Between Tinubu And Atiku / The Professor Of Everything That Knows Nothing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.