Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? (1077 Views)

Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / The Statue Of The Three Lagos White Cap Chiefs / Youths Celebrate Age Grade In Imo With Guns & Sticks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by aikyg(m): 7:07am On Jan 09, 2022
Why do Nigerian Military Chiefs carry walking sticks, specially whenever they are visiting the troops or inspecting projects? Is this like a culture in the military? Can someone educate me.

Military Chief from the US and the UK, on the other hand, do not carry walking sticks whenever they are visiting the troops.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by Anigreat: 7:14am On Jan 09, 2022
shocked

Not a culture, senility is their problem. Instead of retiring and go back to their family they still want to stay and milk all the money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by gosmoney(m): 7:54am On Jan 09, 2022
Hmmm i wait to read comments dis na good question na front page e suppose dey so
Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by heniford2: 8:06am On Jan 09, 2022
Bros!bros!! Na juju be that oh grin if don grit 4get it
Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by aikyg(m): 11:02am On Jan 09, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Not a culture, senility is their problem. Instead of retiring and go back to their family they still want to stay and milk all the money.

Senility? I have a strong feeling that there is something more deeply rooted. Maybe a part of their uniform. I may be wrong, though.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by Truvelisback(m): 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
It's a symbol of Honour. I love it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by hurryup123(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2022
that's, a weapon ooo
Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by ahmEenu(m): 11:18am On Jan 21, 2022
Was never part of their uniform. During the times of Abacha and co. Dem no Dey use this rubbish. I’m sure it started only in the 2010s
aikyg:

Senility? I have a strong feeling that there is something more deeply rooted. Maybe a part of their uniform. I may be wrong, though.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by ahmEenu(m): 11:19am On Jan 21, 2022
And it’s not a walking stick per say. It can be use as a temporary stool, like the owner can assemble it and there’s something he can sit down on . Take a look at the walking stick very well. Look at the top and see what I’m saying
aikyg:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Military Chiefs Use Walking Sticks? Is This A Military Culture? by aikyg(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
ahmEenu:
And it’s not a walking stick per say. It can be use as a temporary stool, like the owner can assemble it and there’s something he can sit down on . Take a look at the walking stick very well. Look at the top and see what I’m saying
Oh okay. Thanks for the explanation.

(1) (Reply)

Common Culture / Ijaw Women Hold Conference / Yoruba Reminiscense Of Joshua And The Book Of Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.