Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,870 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! (1189 Views)

5 Deadly Sins To Avoid At Job Interviews / Latest Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers For Job Interviews / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by latebloomerr: 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
The interview starts by 9:00 am so I get dressed and leave the house by 8:15 am. The venue is close to my house so I don’t need to board a Danfo and get my shirt stained or rumpled. I’m going to walk down to the venue and I should get there about 15 minutes before the horror show begins.

As I walk I think about my life and all the events that have led me to this point. If my mom had allowed me to keep playing football, maybe I would be playing for PSG right now, partnering Messi and Mbappe upfront and earning plenty money. Why didn’t I join the choir in church? Although I wasn’t particularly good at singing but perhaps if Don Jazzy had heard my croaking voice he would have loved it and signed me.

Instead, I have to attend this job interview and impress the interviewers so they can give me the job otherwise hunger will finish me.

I look down at my shoes and observe that the soles have begun to crack and break. All these fake shoes sef! If you buy a pair of shoes and they last for 20 years, will the world end?

I reach the venue and see that some fellow job seekers did not sleep in their houses last night. What is it gan sef? Must you people apply for every job? Don’t you have tastes and preferences? Can’t you people just let me be the only one who came for this interview so that the interviewers will have no choice but to hire me?

I smile and greet my competitors and then look for a place to sit. After about 10 minutes, two more applicants come into the hall. Hmmm, we don dey plenty too much o. A few moments later, another applicant waltz in. Then two, then three, then two again. Haa! Which kain wahala be this na? How do I stand out among so many people? Abi make I pull my trousers remain my boxers then begin run round this hall? At least that will make me stand out in this crowd.

I decide to look around the hall and size up my fellow hustlers. Perhaps my death stare will cause some of them to burst into tears and leave the hall. I spot a handsome, smartly dressed dude sitting at the extreme of the hall. “Wow”, I say in my head, “I like your dress sense o. If you don’t want us to have problems kindly fail this interview, you hear? Same goes to you, pretty lady sitting across from me.” But they pay me no mind and carry on fiddling with their phones. Kai, children of nowadays! No respect.

Soon after the interviewers come into the hall and introduce themselves. “This interview will be in two parts. The first part is a test and the second part is an oral interview. Good luck.” They rearrange us applicants around the hall and proceed to share question papers and answer sheets. “You have 45 minutes for this test and your time starts now. No talking, no teamwork. Anyone caught violating these rules will be asked to leave.”

Few minutes into the test somebody behind me taps me lightly. I turn around to see what the problem is and this guy says, “chairman, shebi number 3c is ‘supply chain management’?”

“Baba,” I mutter under my breath while turning back around to face my work, “shey you dey whine me ni?”

Thank you for reading my article. I want to use this opportunity to announce that I’m in desperate need of a job. I’m currently an undergraduate of the National Open University of Nigeria. I’m smart, articulate and good at writing. I’m keen on an office assistant position but I’m also open to all kinds of non-physical jobs that don’t require a degree and that pay slightly above minimum wage. My current job is hard, physical labour and it is taking its toll on my health, hence my desire to switch jobs. I live in Ikeja, Lagos, and can be contacted via 09030649379. Thank you.

15 Likes

Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by henrybomb(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
I couldn’t find your number on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Impactech: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
latebloomerr:
The interview starts by 9:00 am so I get dressed and leave the house by 8:15 am. The venue is close to my house so I don’t need to board a Danfo and get my shirt stained or rumpled. I’m going to walk down to the venue and I should get there about 15 minutes before the horror show begins.

As I walk I think about my life and all the events that have led me to this point. If my mom had allowed me to keep playing football, maybe I would be playing for PSG right now, partnering Messi and Mbappe upfront and earning plenty money. Why didn’t I join the choir in church? Although I wasn’t particularly good at singing but perhaps if Don Jazzy had heard my croaking voice he would have loved it and signed me.

Instead, I have to attend this job interview and impress the interviewers so they can give me the job otherwise hunger will finish me.

I look down at my shoes and observe that the soles have begun to crack and break. All these fake shoes sef! If you buy a pair of shoes and they last for 20 years, will the world end?

I reach the venue and see that some fellow job seekers did not sleep in their houses last night. What is it gan sef? Must you people apply for every job? Don’t you have tastes and preferences? Can’t you people just let me be the only one who came for this interview so that the interviewers will have no choice but to hire me?

I smile and greet my competitors and then look for a place to sit. After about 10 minutes, two more applicants come into the hall. Hmmm, we don dey plenty too much o. A few moments later, another applicant waltz in. Then two, then three, then two again. Haa! Which kain wahala be this na? How do I stand out among so many people? Abi make I pull my trousers remain my boxers then begin run round this hall? At least that will make me stand out in this crowd.

I decide to look around the hall and size up my fellow hustlers. Perhaps my death stare will cause some of them to burst into tears and leave the hall. I spot a handsome, smartly dressed dude sitting at the extreme of the hall. “Wow”, I say in my head, “I like your dress sense o. If you don’t want us to have problems kindly fail this interview, you hear? Same goes to you, pretty lady sitting across from me.” But they pay me no mind and carry on fiddling with their phones. Kai, children of nowadays! No respect.

Soon after the interviewers come into the hall and introduce themselves. “This interview will be in two parts. The first part is a test and the second part is an oral interview. Good luck.” They rearrange us applicants around the hall and proceed to share question papers and answer sheets. “You have 45 minutes for this test and your time starts now. No talking, no teamwork. Anyone caught violating these rules will be asked to leave.”

Few minutes into the test somebody behind me taps me lightly. I turn around to see what the problem is and this guy says, “chairman, shebi number 3c is ‘supply chain management’?”

“Baba,” I mutter under my breath while turning back around to face my work, “shey you dey whine me ni?”

Thank you for reading my article. I want to use this opportunity to announce that I’m in desperate need of a job. I’m currently an undergraduate of the National Open University of Nigeria. I’m smart, articulate and good at writing. I’m keen on an office assistant position but I’m also open to all kinds of non-physical jobs that don’t require a degree and that pay slightly above minimum wage. My current job is hard, physical labour and it is taking its toll on my health, hence my desire to switch jobs. I live in Ikeja, Lagos, and can be contacted via 09030649379. Thank you.

Omo, I deg laugh seriously when reading this post. Try freelancing, you are a good writer

4 Likes

Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by ezeodiachi(m): 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
Great wit and sense of humor. You would do great at writing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by wallchat: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2022
Op, you are a good writer.
You are doing well.
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Maj196(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
Funny and sad

1 Like

Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by ecomalchemist(m): 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
I had a good laugh reading this, i can totally relate.
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by latebloomerr: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
henrybomb:
I couldn’t find your number on WhatsApp
That’s not my WhatsApp number, boss. My WhatsApp number is 09130873128
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Jay5mie: 6:15am On Jan 10, 2022
cheesy
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 10, 2022
Oh my. This is very hilarious and somehow educating...in a way.

Abi how you see am, Lalasticlala?
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Lalami3232(m): 6:47am On Jan 10, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin..... OP I sincerely understand wetin you dey go through because I don pass through am b4. Silver or gold I no get to give you at this time, but I get advise wey fit help you because E don help me and E still dey help me till tomorrow.
Why you no learn one I.T skill? Even if your brain no fit carry programming which I'm into, learn graphics design. Men dey cashout from the I.T world nowadays if you're good. But if you wan learn programming, I fit help you for free.

1 Like

Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by KUNZEH(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2022
Lol
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Alli9k(m): 11:23am On Jan 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
grin grin grin grin grin grin..... OP I sincerely understand wetin you dey go through because I don pass through am b4. Silver or gold I no get to give you at this time, but I get advise wey fit help you because E don help me and E still dey help me till tomorrow.
Why you no learn one I.T skill? Even if your brain no fit carry programming which I'm into, learn graphics design. Men dey cashout from the I.T world nowadays if you're good. But if you wan learn programming, I fit help you for free.

Abeg help me o… learnt HTML nd CSS already.. buh i need mentor o abeg
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Osibajo2023: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
Bros, help me. I wan learn programming and I don't even know where and how to start
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by BigDawsNet: 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2022
latebloomerr:

Baba are you okay atall shocked

You have a top skills to be a good and funny writer and you are here complaining about one job ..

Abeg go online...find time register for writing skills... Start as a freelance and make some good income for yourself from home...

God will be with you
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by RubiesBanking: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
Osibajo2023:
Bros, help me. I wan learn programming and I don't even know where and how to start

Start with cs50x by Havard, it's free online...once your done you will know what to do from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Osibajo2023: 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
RubiesBanking:

Start with cs50x by Havard, it's free online...once your done you will know what to do from there.
thanks bro.God bless
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by LargeProfessor(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
Good advice
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by latebloomerr: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
Boss, to learn programming dey my mind but there’s a big stumbling block: data. My salary no reach me to chop and pay rent and school fees, not to talk of buying enough data to download and learn the programming courses.
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by latebloomerr: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Baba are you okay atall shocked

You have a top skills to be a good and funny writer and you are here complaining about one job ..

Abeg go online...find time register for writing skills... Start as a freelance and make some good income for yourself from home...

God will be with you
Boss, money for data naim be wahala.
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by bitbillionaire: 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
Really? I guess what you need is mental reorientation and counseling.
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by BigDawsNet: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
latebloomerr:

Boss, money for data naim be wahala.

Shebi you have folks and uncle+anty naw... Disturb jare
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by sammirano: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
You try
Re: Gosh, I Hate Job Interviews! by Lalami3232(m): 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
Osibajo2023:

Start from going online to know what you really want

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment / Ptdf: Time To Start Preparing: / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.