Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering (2379 Views)

Full-stack Developer Vs Data Engineer / Web Developer Vs Web Designer / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
Hello bosses, i feel this is the right place to ask.
Am about to take an online diploma course.
Which is better between front end developer and cloud engineering, pls give your reasons too.

1 Like

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by jesmond3945: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
Keshinr0:
Hello bosses, i feel this is the right place to ask.
Am about to take an online diploma course.
Which is better between front end developer and cloud engineering, pls give your reasons too.
do both
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
do both
I can't do both, it's a year program. And I have other activities to attend to. Just wanted to know the opinion of people that might have done either or both
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by harveyosho1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
Well the truth is dat front end development is oversaturated... But if you want a job in Nigeria fast then front end development is good for you(learn back end languages like python, express.js, php) but if u are thinking beyond the shores of dis country(maybe remote work) bro don't dull urself as cloud engineering field, VR/AR engineering, machine learning engineering is not as saturated compared to front web development... Just learn and keep learning

2 Likes

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by BlaqFaze: 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
harveyosho1:
Well the truth is dat front end development is oversaturated... But if you want a job in Nigeria fast then front end development is good for you(learn back end languages like python, express.js, php) but if u are thinking beyond the shores of dis country(maybe remote work) bro don't dull urself as cloud engineering field, VR/AR engineering, machine learning engineering is not as saturated compared to front web development... Just learn and keep learning
For your mind now, you don talk better thing....

This why I tell people to ask all these "life decision" questions on Quora or Reddit

6 Likes

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by BlaqFaze: 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
Op.. as someone as said, you can learn both by starting with Frontend, then back end and then learn AWS...

Don't listen to that guy above frontend Dev is NOT oversaturated, it has lots of job opportunities outside the country, in fact, you'll land a job quicker as a frontend Dev and these jobs pay as good as backend jobs, if you doubt me just search for React jobs on indeed (only React o!, which is a part), then angular, then Shopify

4 Likes

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by jesmond3945: 8:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
Keshinr0:

I can't do both, it's a year program. And I have other activities to attend to.
Just wanted to know the opinion of people that might have done either or both
you people dont read job adverts. I read 100 job adverts every day. Try and do same.

4 Likes

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2022
harveyosho1:

Thanks
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Op.. as someone as said, you can learn both by starting with Frontend, then back end and then learn AWS...

Don't listen to that guy above frontend Dev is NOT oversaturated, it has lots of job opportunities outside the country, in fact, you'll land a job quicker as a frontend Dev and these jobs pay as good as backend jobs, if you doubt me just search for React jobs on indeed (only React o!, which is a part), then angular, then Shopify

Thanks
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by harveyosho1(m): 7:27am On Jan 11, 2022
BlaqFaze:
For your mind now, you don talk better thing....

This why I tell people to ask all these "life decision" questions on Quora or Reddit
Sorry I don't reply clowns
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by BlaqFaze: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2022
harveyosho1:

You just did grin...clown

8 Likes

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:39am On Jan 11, 2022
Frontend is saturated again. Una no dey tire for this nairaland with such horrible bad advice. That's how one said the other day that frontend engineering will be completely replaced by drag and drop tools grin grin grin. We have had drag and drop tools for like 15 to 20 years now. Adobe Dreamweaver, elementor with WordPress, Wix et al yet companies are still hiring front end developers.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by BlaqFaze: 8:31am On Jan 11, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Frontend is saturated again. Una no dey tire for this nairaland with such horrible bad advice. That's how one said the other day that frontend engineering will be completely replaced by drag and drop tools grin grin grin. We have had drag and drop tools for like 15 to 20 years now. Adobe Dreamweaver, elementor with WordPress, Wix et al yet companies are still hiring front end developers.
The funniest thing is that these companies prioritise developers that use their platform, they want more developers using their platforms....

Shopify has now developed a new JavaScript framework based on react called Hydrogen, if you know Hydrogen, more job opportunities...

These platforms will only get bigger and bigger and wise devs will leverage them and make "hooge" money

2 Likes

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:39am On Jan 11, 2022
BlaqFaze:
The funniest thing is that these companies prioritise developers that use their platform, they want more developers using their platforms....

Shopify has now developed a new JavaScript framework based on react called Hydrogen, if you know Hydrogen, more job opportunities...

These platforms will only get bigger and bigger and wise devs will leverage them and make "hooge" money

I don't even wanna talk again. People should do whatever they want. We will still be on nairaland to console them when the tears start flowing.

3 Likes

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by Dana22(m): 9:53am On Jan 11, 2022
Front end dev ain't saturated. Dont listen to anyone that tells you otherwise

1 Like

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by OgogoroDegree: 10:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
Anybody can help me or @blaqFaze
Can you recommend some certified courses for backend developer from cousera?

Thank you
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by BlaqFaze: 6:23am On Jan 21, 2022
OgogoroDegree:
Anybody can help me or @blaqFaze
Can you recommend some certified courses for backend developer from cousera?

Thank you
I don't know about Coursera like that...but they have a full stack web development course from Hong Kong Uni...

But if Java is your backend language, your best bet is an OCA then OCP certification from Oracle

2 Likes

Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by Omoalaji12: 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Well we can disagree and agree that these engineers make money and they make good money. Cloud engineering salary in Nigeria is a number that changes overtime. Start up salary is something but Cloud engineer salary for experienced people is a lot more.
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by LikeAking: 10:40am On Feb 11, 2023
Op, u can't do both...

Go for cloud of engineering.

Good luck..

Frontend mata be say, everybody na front end dev... Even those that started one month ago are applying for jobs...

Even them guys are applying as frontend guys. Actually they ar front end guys..

Frontend get whalla.
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by PPIA: 6:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
harveyosho1:

You just did
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by Emmanuel909090: 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2023
Reading
Re: Front End Developer Vs Cloud Engineering by seunny4lif(m): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
I have few friends/Families with no IT background that did DevOps, Fullstack courses.
They got the certificates.
One is working with SAP but the biggest of them was the one that got a job with Yahoo! but he said it was the must hardest thing he as ever done in his life but the stress worth it now.
No matter which one you learn, as long as its IT, there are thousand of jobs waiting for you.

(1) (Reply)

The Tech Bro Pandemic ! They Are So Annoying ! / How To Bundle Java Db Database In My App. / Robotics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.