Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Why Do Caterers And Event Planners Remove Their Items Before The Party Is Over - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Caterers And Event Planners Remove Their Items Before The Party Is Over (532 Views)

Remove Only One From This (pix) / Which Of These 4 Soups Would You Remove Forever? (pictures) / Which Of These 3 Meals Would You Remove Forever? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Caterers And Event Planners Remove Their Items Before The Party Is Over by Globad(f): 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
I've noticed what I consider to be a bad habit of some caterers and venue decorators at Nigerian parties.

These caterers and decorators provide cutlery and other items for guests to use because they are paid for it.

But, surprisingly, these providers start to remove cups, cutlery, and some other items while the party is still on!

Imagine having your drink cup removed while the party is still in full swing. You stand up to greet someone, and bam, your cup or cutlery is gone.

Some of them remove table clothes even while guests are still using the table! Just imagine.

I think it's rude and an impudent way to tell the guests to leave or feel unwanted.

I'm puzzled and I wonder why they do this.

Does anyone have an idea?

Is it that the party hosts don't pay for the items for the full day? Is it laziness on the part of the caterers and decorators so that they can close early?

Why do they do this and how can it be prevented?
Re: Why Do Caterers And Event Planners Remove Their Items Before The Party Is Over by Buharidgeneral: 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
Re: Why Do Caterers And Event Planners Remove Their Items Before The Party Is Over by okirewaju(f): 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
It depends on may the event did not close on time and there might be cases of theft.

The event planner can offer a disposable cup to pour your drink on it.

It's not a good act though. But Nigerians are funny. Why steal cutlery in an event when you can equally buy same.
Re: Why Do Caterers And Event Planners Remove Their Items Before The Party Is Over by Globad(f): 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
okirewaju:
It depends on may the event did not close on time and there might be cases of theft.

The event planner can offer a disposable cup to pour your drink on it.

It's not a good act though. But Nigerians are funny. Why steal cutlery in an event when you can equally buy same.

Good response.

Does it mean that theft can't happen during the day?

Why can't the rental of the items covered the whole day even if the party closes late?

(1) (Reply)

Newly Used Industrial Gas Burner For Your Cooking Business For Sale / African Urban Delicacy / Long And Dried Rice Is Still Available In 50kg And 25kg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.