Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! (750 Views)

(graphic Photos) Snake I Killed On My Way To Farm / Akwa Ibom Women Go To Farm With Weapon To Protect Selves From Bandits / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by kazzbab(m): 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
I am a fan of agriculture, both livestock and crop farming, and I've practiced both in the past but stopped due to some reasons.

As things are, it has become a must for me to go into subsistence agriculture this year, crop farming to be precised.

The issue is I'd love people to advise me on what crops to plant that goats, sheep and cows won't eat. I've tried corn, cucumber, cassava and yam in the past with unpalatable experiences.

Whoever wishes to help me should forget about asking me to camp the farm, I've had enough of unfruitful efforts as the land isn't mine.

The moderators should please help me push this forward for maximum contributions.

Thanks.
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by Enskynelson(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
kazzbab:
I am a fan of agriculture, both livestock and crop farming, and I've practiced both in the past but stopped due to some reasons.

As things are, it has become a must for me to go into subsistence agriculture this year, crop farming to be precised.

The issue is I'd love people to advise me on what crops to plant that goats, sheep and cows won't eat. I've tried corn, cucumber, cassava and yam in the past with unpalatable experiences.

Whoever wishes to help me should forget about asking me to camp the farm, I've had enough of unfruitful efforts as the land isn't mine.

The moderators should please help me push this forward for maximum contributions.

Thanks.
There is a chemical sold out there that when sprayed on your farm, goats and sheep won't eat it. Please find out the name. All the best in your plans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by vimtechs(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2022
i have an idea
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by Abfinest007(m): 12:09am On Jan 10, 2022
Someone has given u advice already
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by snitchbitch: 12:13am On Jan 10, 2022
buy barbed wire and 8mm rectangular section pipe, use it to fence your farm
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by kazzbab(m): 12:24am On Jan 10, 2022
Enskynelson:

There is a chemical sold out there that when sprayed on your farm, goats and sheep won't eat it. Please find out the name. All the best in your plans.

Thanks for this.
Pls I'd like more information on this from whoever could help.

1. The name of the chemical.
2. Will I have to repeat the spraying each time it rains or it's a one-off application? Won't rain wash it?

Thanks.
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by kazzbab(m): 12:25am On Jan 10, 2022
vimtechs:
i have an idea

Don't hesitate to air it pls.
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by kazzbab(m): 12:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Abfinest007:
Someone has given u advice already

I will like to know some of the crops goats don't eat naturally pls.
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by kazzbab(m): 12:30am On Jan 10, 2022
snitchbitch:
buy barbed wire and 8mm rectangular section pipe, use it to fence your farm

I don't have the cash for that now pls, besides the land isn't mine to start with.

Based on my rough calculations, by your option, I'd need about 300k to camp a 2 plot of land. That cash is enough for me to start a better business fah.
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by walexsho(m): 12:32am On Jan 10, 2022
kazzbab:

I will like to know some of the crops goats don't eat naturally pls.
Melon...
Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by snitchbitch: 12:37am On Jan 10, 2022
kazzbab:

I don't have the cash for that now pls, besides the land isn't mine to start with.

Based on my rough calculations, by your option, I'd need about 300k to camp a 2 plot of land. That cash is enough for me to start a better business fah.

ok thats the solution, but another idea is, employ someone as a security or night guard or tip some guys in your area to help you man the farm

if you dont mind, you can cut dongoyaro from trees or use some bamboo/ leftover planks from uncompleted buildings to fence the place

GET SOME GOAT SHIT AND SOAK INSIDE WATER, SPRAY IT ON THE FARM, WHEN THE GOATS SMELL THEM, THEY WONT EAT THE PLANTS

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Farm But Goats And Sheep Won't Let Me, Please Help! by wewood8888: 6:50am On Jan 16, 2022
[Cassava starch for sales in large quantity

Cassava tubers needed in large quantity,

Benue state
whatsapp 07017888888

quote author=kazzbab post=109230575]I am a fan of agriculture, both livestock and crop farming, and I've practiced both in the past but stopped due to some reasons.

Thanks.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Male And Female Catfish / #SundayspecialwithOlucassava: Cassava Value Chain: How To Create Wealth (Thread) / This Is What We Do To Scare Birds From Our Farms In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.