Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,059 members, 7,828,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike (30618 Views)

Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike / Gridlock In Onitsha As People Travel Back To Their Respective Destinations / N100 Daily Tax: Kano Keke Riders Begin Indefinite Strike, As People Climb Trucks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by nnol(m): 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
i couldn't report at my place of OV today because of this.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Ablemed: 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2022
ENIGMATIC2023:
This look like Somalia or Yemen. The North is really suffering.

Boss show us pictures of Ibadan, Abia and Osun grin I just wan check something
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Brendaniel: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ablemed:

Are politicians the one dumping dirties daily there?? blame the people without no clue on proper waste disposal

there is no country in the world that people are not responsible, it is the government's duty to clean up, that is why there is a government...

1 Like

Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hisbah is in charge.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Germi9: 3:44pm On Jan 10, 2022
Chai!! see environment
Nigerians are too dirty
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by bello94(m): 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2022
What part of Kano is clean, please?
xoftxoul:

Kano is clean o
But this part of Kano has not been the focus of the agency that is in charge of cleaning and sanitation
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by TruthUntold: 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2022
dalass:
They don't have buses or cars? grin
keep smiling sister, it is good. some people are in hell because of this strike rn, literally. And you're here smiling. No compassion for your brethren.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by TruthUntold: 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
bello94:
What part of Kano is clean, please?
Literally everywhere except Sabon Gari. Please don't ask why and just move on like that.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by shantti(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2022
To live in Kano dey fear me. Whenever I hear Kano, the first thing that comes to my mind na Kano riot. I hope all these hausa won't suddenly attack Sabon gari and kill the easterners there
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by TruthUntold: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
shantti:
To live in Kano dey fear me. Whenever I hear Kano, the first thing that comes to my mind na Kano riot. I hope all these hausa won't suddenly attack Sabon gari and kill the easterners there
Trying to convince you will achieve nothing. Ask one of your recently returned coppers and know the untold truth.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
Lemmy123:
Eweeeeeey!

The city of Kano is dear to my heart because I visited my distant family members some time in 2016.. Omoo the journey far I no go lie you, spent close to 6 hours in Kaduna alone! The whole journey from Kogi to Kano was close to 11 hours or thereabout..

I loved the organized view of the city even tho it's predominantly Hausa.

I fell in love with Badawa New Layout and Fadawa...

I think the dustiness of the city is a trademark, it's not exactly dirt, it's just how the earth is on that side of the country.

Let me handle your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks
11 hours? U sure say no be kekenapep you enta go Kano so?
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by shantti(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
TruthUntold:

Trying to convince you will achieve nothing. Ask one of your recently returned coppers and know the untold truth.

You never even try to convince, u don give up nawa oh
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by dapolaw(m): 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
That is sabongari and it's predominantly southerners.

Northernblood5:
Kano State is dirty.
After, they won't let us hear word over organized Aba
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Ibkinter(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
xoftxoul:
Businesses are disrupted this morning as inhabitants of Kano woke up to striking Keke drivers.

People can be seen trekking from one point to the other. The streets which are usually busy and filled with yellow colored keke are completely free of them this morning. In fact, the sight of the empty streets made Kano to appear like a local city.

The reason for the strike is the high and numerous fees they have to pay in order to ply the roads within the city in Kano.

Every nook and cranny is filled with agents collecting fees and other form of charges that the Keke drivers see as too much and too demanding. Also embedded in the strike is a message to the high handed treatment of the Keke drivers by the karota (the equivalent of Lagos's LASTMA).

I took a stroll to one of the major roads in Sabon Gari Kano, court road to take a picture. This is so unlike Kano... This road on a normal day is very very busy but alas! See how empty it is and you can see people trekking to work/business.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved/addressed quickly.
Can you hear yourself? Streets devoid of Keke makes the city feel local? Haba, why and how can you be so backward. Those things are an eyesore.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
This strike is against Gandollar. When the man leaves we will have a party in Kano for one month.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Afamsi: 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
Northernblood5:
Kano State is dirty.
After, they won't let us hear word over organized Aba
All Northern states
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by FaithBrain1994(m): 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
Only Akwa Ibom and Abuja are the only cleanest state in Nigeria. I said what i said.

1 Like

Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by JayPeeOham: 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
I thought they say Kano is the Lagos of the North., So please, show me the people wey dey trekk before I vex abeg angry

1 Like

Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Bahun(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
xoftxoul:

This is true.
Sabon Gari Kano has always been neglected
There are reasons why this is so; but I won't say them here
Bro say it out we all know it is dominated by the Christians
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by HopeNeverDies: 4:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ablemed:

But come out and protest bad governance, you'll chicken out with the normal anthem who wan die? yet ur here talking about backwardness. Dem be don nak you 2 by 4 plank for mouth bfr

Nope!!! Nah 20by20... ohhhhgbeni... commodezua...smh
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Emma15678: 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
xoftxoul:
Businesses are disrupted this morning as inhabitants of Kano woke up to striking Keke drivers.

People can be seen trekking from one point to the other. The streets which are usually busy and filled with yellow colored keke are completely free of them this morning. In fact, the sight of the empty streets made Kano to appear like a local city.

The reason for the strike is the high and numerous fees they have to pay in order to ply the roads within the city in Kano.

Every nook and cranny is filled with agents collecting fees and other form of charges that the Keke drivers see as too much and too demanding. Also embedded in the strike is a message to the high handed treatment of the Keke drivers by the karota (the equivalent of Lagos's LASTMA).

I took a stroll to one of the major roads in Sabon Gari Kano, court road to take a picture. This is so unlike Kano... This road on a normal day is very very busy but alas! See how empty it is and you can see people trekking to work/business.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved/addressed quickly.
Lesson: Stop copying Lagos
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by ElValiente(m): 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2022
What a beautiful Looking state.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by newoffer: 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
I find the crowd I no see.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by IMAliyu(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
dalass:
They don't have buses or cars? grin
I don't know about Kano state, but in my state these keke have essentially killed market for buses and starlet within the city. I don't see them anymore.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Burruchaga71(m): 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
Is this truly Kano or a village in Northern Malawi? Can some 1 please educate me.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by CaptainAyub: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
xoftxoul:

This is true.
Sabon Gari Kano has always been neglected
There are reasons why this is so; but I won't say them here
Nothing hidden.
It's because Christians live there.
Was d 1st thing I noticed d day I went to Kano
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Lemmy123(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2022
Samson0599:

11 hours? U sure say no be kekenapep you enta go Kano so?

grin grin
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Lemmy123(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ablemed:

Thanks so much for this storyline. but any other lie to give??

Kaduna is so wide I'm sure I spent up to that number of hours moving round the city, thank you
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Sheuns(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
Lemmy123:
Eweeeeeey!

The city of Kano is dear to my heart because I visited my distant family members some time in 2016.. Omoo the journey far I no go lie you, spent close to 6 hours in Kaduna alone! The whole journey from Kogi to Kano was close to 11 hours or thereabout..

I loved the organized view of the city even tho it's predominantly Hausa.

I fell in love with Badawa New Layout and Fadawa...

I think the dustiness of the city is a trademark, it's not exactly dirt, it's just how the earth is on that side of the country.

Let me handle your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks

Was there traffic? Kogi to Kano shouldn’t be more than 2hrs
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Nnannapat(m): 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2022
Sai Ganduje, Sai Gandun aiki.

Kano entered one chance bus with Ganduje as the driver.
Re: Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike by Testimony1988(m): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
They should continue, they will starve themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trailer Falls On A Police Van In Lagos (photos) / 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses / Catch Me If You Can : Follow-me Car Chases Emirates Superjumbo During Takeoff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.