Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Switching From Windows Mobile To Symbian : Dark Side ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Switching From Windows Mobile To Symbian : Dark Side ? (137 Views)

Symbian / How To Uninstall Avast Antivirus From Windows 10? / South Korea Having A Thought Of Switching From Windows To Linux Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Switching From Windows Mobile To Symbian : Dark Side ? by muskanmuffleit: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
I recently switched over to using a Symbian Mobile phone after using a Windows Mobile mobile phone for close to over 4 years. In these 4 years I had the Imate JAQ and the Asus P320. The Imate JAQ was a big solid phone whose screen broke.

It didnt have a lot of features (only built in ones of Windows Mobile 5) but was sturdy nonetheless (except for the screen). The screen repair would have cost me Rs. 4000 (phone cost somewhere around 6k). That’s one reason to absolutely avoid the Imate brand in India. Blackmail type prices on service and little customer service (it was based out of Dubai if I remember).

The Windows Mobile Interface

Switch over to the Asus P320. This baby was awesome on paper, it was loaded to the core with features, GPS, WiFi, High Res Screen, Desktop Application, Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. This phone had it all and I was one of the 1st people in India to buy it.

Know more

It had it all except reliability, the phone was very frail. The signal could never be received and every 3 months something would break off the phone.

The customer service was unreachable most of the time. In my 1.5 years of this phone , the GPS antenna cap broke, the stylus broke, the screen almost broke. The internal stylus lockin switch broke etc. Not only that the phone was terribly underpowered. All in all a super flop phone from Asus.

Then around 3 months ago, my brother got an extra Nokia E63. Before that I was looking to get one of those Chinese phones. These Chinese phones have a user interface very similar to Windows Mobile and also cost very little.

But I thought if Asus being a branded Chinese Phone was so hopeless, that I can very well imagine the quality and service that seemingly anonymous brands would have. I decided to take the plunge and get the non touchscreen but Qwerty keyboard Nokia E63. It reminded me of my Imate JAQ except that it was 100 times lighter and a 1000 times sleeker than the bulky JAQ.

The switch

The switch from Windows Mobile to Symbian was surprisingly easy. Probably because the Windows mobile phones I had used were so underpowered that the Symbian phone seemed lightning fast in comparison. Even Chinese mobile phones (now banned mostly) were slower than my E63.

Another interesting thing about my Nokia E63 is that its made in Finland while most Nokia E63s I see with people are made in China. I am hoping the Finnish pedigree makes it better in quality.

In Windows mobile even to receive bluetooth files or to send them to a folder of your choice, all this used to be hacking in itself. So I liked the intuitiveness of the Nokia E63 and its symbian interface. Its actually true that symbian is very regulated and not as versatile as the windows mobile.

Infact a lot of software cannot even be thought to work in this Symbian interface, but I do not have many complaints. The speed and reliability of the Nokia E63 more than makes up for it.

Read Also -yungeen ace real name

(1) (Reply)

Broilers Organic Farming- Earsier Way To Low Cost Less And Massive Weight / Ten People Dead As Newly Completed Church Building Collapses In Delta / Prof. Chukwuma Charles Soludo Deserves To Be Nigerian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.