Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

"How I Made Over $6k On Upwork In 3 Months With Only 4 Jobs" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "How I Made Over $6k On Upwork In 3 Months With Only 4 Jobs" (1026 Views)

4 Jobs Abroad That Requires No Certification / 3 Good Reasons Everyone Should Be Making Money On Upwork / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How I Made Over $6k On Upwork In 3 Months With Only 4 Jobs" by Faithymatt(f): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
You are about to read the story of how Walter Eyinnaya moved from broke and frustrated freelancer to highly paid freelancer with 100% job success on Upwork and over $6k in earnings. A thread...

In 2018, Walter was working as a freelancer for two Nigerian clients who paid him N10k per month each. Walter's job was to manage their social media accounts, come up with creative captions for their posts, and also interact with customers. He worked so hard and earned very little. At some point, he knew he needed a change in clients. He needed clients who will pay him what he deserved. He started searching for new clients on Facebook groups, and within a week, he got a client who paid him $100 to write product descriptions.

For 7 months, Walter was only earning between $100-$300 as a freelance writer. Then he decided to develop his skills and try out a new freelance platform. This was when Walter began to work as a freelancer on Upwork and in 4 months, after working for a total of 310 hours, Walter recorded total earnings of over $6k. What did Walter do differently this time and how can you apply it so you can start earning higher?
Re: "How I Made Over $6k On Upwork In 3 Months With Only 4 Jobs" by Faithymatt(f): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
Apart from having the right mindset towards freelancing and investing in information that improved his skill as a writer, Walter paid attention to these things:

1. All time amount paid out by clients
2. Clients' average hourly rate per hire
3. Feedback from freelancers
4. Price tag on the job (how much the client was willing to pay)

Paying attention to these stats helped Walter filter out low-paying clients who always gave freelancers a hard time.

According to Walter, here's exactly what you should be looking for under these stats.
Re: "How I Made Over $6k On Upwork In 3 Months With Only 4 Jobs" by Faithymatt(f): 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
1. All time amount paid out by clients: This is a relative metric and shouldn't be your only standard for measuring high paying clients. For instance, a client who has spent over a year on Upwork and has an all time amount paid out as $20k will be better to work with than one who has spent 6 years on Upwork and has the same all time amount paid out.

2. Average hourly rate per hire: As a rule of thumb, you shouldn't apply for a client whose hourly rate is below $10 because you will most likely burnout if the work load is high and the pay is low.

3. Freelancers' feedback: The more positive feedbacks a client has, the easier the client might be to work with. You don't want to work with someone who will frustrate you and even leave a negative feedback that can affect your rating.

4. Price tag on the job: This is useful when you're dealing with a client who has no history for you to observe. If the client's offer is good enough for the work he requires, he is probably decent to work with.
Re: "How I Made Over $6k On Upwork In 3 Months With Only 4 Jobs" by Faithymatt(f): 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2022
Extra tips:
Look out for more hourly paid jobs than one off jobs because they pay more and if you do the job well, you will most likely get retained by one of your clients who will also recommend you to other high paying clients.

If you follow these recommendations and work well enough to satisfy your clients, you can easily make up to $6k per month as a freelancer on Upwork. They are useful to both newbies and more experienced freelancers.

1 Like

Re: "How I Made Over $6k On Upwork In 3 Months With Only 4 Jobs" by Faithymatt(f): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2022
PS: I will be hosting an event soon where I will invite Walter to give more tips on how to land high paying clients. Walter will also answer some questions you may have about freelancing on upwork, outbounding on LinkedIn, etc. Attending this event is free provided that you register and also tell your friends about it. Reach out if you want to attend so I can tell you how to register.

PPS: Walter has a training program where he explains how to become a high paid freelancer who earns between $1000 to $10,000 per month even if you're a beginner and you've never been paid for your skill before. Reach out for more details on how you can get access to this program.
Re: "How I Made Over $6k On Upwork In 3 Months With Only 4 Jobs" by daxon001(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need The Help Of You Guys.i Need Possible Hints On Aptitude Test For Nigerian Airforce. / Nigerian Banks / How Can I Apply For School Of Nursing In Ontario Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.