Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed (479 Views)

An Investment That Transformed My Smartphone Into A Weekly Income Generator / Kill The Boy And Let The Man Be Born! / 12 Lessons On Business Strategy From The Game Of Chess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Landmack: 10:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
This is a beautiful story of hope and inspiration. Instead of being on Nairaland 24/7 ‘banting’ and bickering carelessly on tribal issues why don’t you look for how to transform/affect the society you live in positively? Honestly, I can say that Seun and Lalasticlala are tired of some of you on this platform.

Go through this Twitter thread and see how young Nigerians are raising hopes from the slums,mending broken hearts with so much kindness and love.
Tunde Onakoya is one of the pioneers of Chess in the Slums...an initiative championing and helping to restore hope to the hopeless....an initiative investing in the lives of young kids living in the slums.

3 Likes

Re: Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Landmack: 10:35pm On Jan 10, 2022
More

Re: Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Landmack: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
More...u can also get the full gist on twitter

Re: Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Landmack: 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Chess in the slums...nice one!

Re: Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Landmack: 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
More..

Re: Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Landmack: 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2022
You can reach out to Tunde on Twitter to see how u can support the initiative in which ever way u can.

If you’re in Lagos being a Volunteer won’t be bad wink

If you’re also led in the spirit, u can kickstart one in your area as well. Let’s take these kids out of the slum together.

#ChessInTheSlums

3 Likes

Re: Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Sistergal80(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2022
Landmack:
This is a beautiful story of hope and inspiration. Instead of being on Nairaland 24/7 ‘banting’ and bickering carelessly on tribal issues why don’t you look for how to transform/affect the society you live in positively? Honestly, I can say that Seun and Lalasticlala are tired of some of you on this platform.

Go through this Twitter thread and see how young Nigerians are raising hopes from the slums,mending broken hearts with so much kindness and love.
Tunde Onakoya is one of the pioneers of Chess in the Slums...an initiative championing and helping to restore hope to the hopeless....an initiative investing in the lives of young kids living in the slums.

just back from that thread. such an inspiring thread. i had to hold back my tears. pple dey suffer sha o

2 Likes

Re: Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Chase27(m): 7:25am On Jan 11, 2022
Landmack:

Events like this are what I luv to read here. seun needs to move this. This is FP worthy

1 Like

Re: Chess In The Slum: How A Boy And His Sister’s Lives Were Transformed by Ancecoker(m): 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2022
God bless you Tunde onakoya

(1) (Reply)

Crypto Can Make You Rich. Start Mining CAT Now. / New BRICS Currency That Will Be Used Globally (photo) / “they’re Back To Get New Victims” — Nigerians React As MMM Returns To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.