Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications (544 Views)

How Magento 2 PWA Mobile App Help To Increase Sales / I Need Someone To Interpret Data Run With SPSS / Laptop Specifications For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications by routik(m): 2:53am On Jan 11, 2022
Please Software experts in the house, kindly interpret the below contract BOQ.

Title: SERVER & LOCAL DATA/APPLICATION HOSTING

1. HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen10 File / Application Server Win 2019 DataCenter + Apps (a) Basic Programming, (b) Tutor software using and
maintenace of Computer, (c) Learning Management system (Computer ethics), (d ) Zinox E-Learning Book, (e) Other relevent learning
application). (Quantity is 1)

2.Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) etc, (31 User CAL: Server + Workstations) $150/User (Quantity is 7)

3. EndPoint Protection Security + Windows Server. (Quantity is 31)
Re: Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications by Ruke1989: 5:55am On Jan 11, 2022
My company can help you with the supply.
Re: Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications by routik(m): 9:01am On Jan 11, 2022
Ruke1989:
My company can help you with the supply.

At what cost?
Re: Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications by Ruke1989: 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
routik:

At what cost?
seems they want to set up a data center to manage an e-learning center. The softwares there are windows server software to manage the intranet, firewall and antivirus software for security and the user guide on how to maintain the system. Some guide software should come with the firewall/network component. Can you give more detail about the project, the scope and size. Is it a university e-learning system, what is the expected number of users, you may need to visit the site to ascertain some other information. That will guide you on the number of access point needed. But it's actually a small project from the look of things. Just that you need to ascertain the number of networking component needed

1 Like

Re: Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications by linesng: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2022
I can help you procure and setup
Re: Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications by routik(m): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ruke1989:
seems they want to set up a data center to manage an e-learning center. The softwares there are windows server software to manage the intranet, firewall and antivirus software for security and the user guide on how to maintain the system. Some guide software should come with the firewall/network component. Can you give more detail about the project, the scope and size. Is it a university e-learning system, what is the expected number of users, you may need to visit the site to ascertain some other information. That will guide you on the number of access point needed. But it's actually a small project from the look of things. Just that you need to ascertain the number of networking component needed

It's for a secondary school. 31 computers to be setup on the network.
Re: Help to interpret Software Contract Specifications by Ruke1989: 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2022
routik:

It's for a secondary school. 31 computers to be setup on the network.

Are All 31 computers based in one hall? Or scattered across two or more offices.
If they are all on one location, you need only one switch and at most 2 radio ie access point. If you are serving more than one office, then let each office have an additional access point each. You will need cable to connect each access point to the switch.

Data center there is merely a room containing your networking equipment e.g the RAC, switch, inverter, from where every other access point is served. If you are to be connected to external internet e.g MTN or Airtel via mast, you will need some help. Be free to let me know if you need any help

(1) (Reply)

Fellowship At The Bulb Aptitude Test / Please Advise Me, I Am Making A Career Change To Tech / How To Improve Your Data Science Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.