Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,052 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python (461 Views)

Keep Wasting Your Life In The Name Of Programming / Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? / Guys Where Can I Learn Python In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by LikeAking: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
If you already know JS,don’t waste your time learning Nonsense type script because one YouTube fake influencer said so..

Or because some one told you, or you heard TS has lots of jobs… Since you learnt TS have u gotten any job?

Learn Python instead of TS or any other Lang, it will profit you more than TS..

If you follow front end and there irrelevant learn this and that, you will never go far..

At the end of the day the people who will use your app will not care about what you used..

Using whatever does equate the success of ur app.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by airsaylongcome: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
If the end users don't care what the dev used, why do you care if they used (or learn) TS? I really dislike all these "don't learn x" posts and comments. No one has any right to dictate what someone should and should not learn. If they want to learn Cobol or Fortran they are free to.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by PedoBear: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Python has its use cases

How many people use python for website if not for freelancers and hobbyists

Typescript is more wanted in web3 firms, medium companies and MS
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by qtguru(m): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
That's a bad advice TypeScript was created for enterprise companies , also JS is loose type, TS helps a lot but I agree, there's a lot of TS compiler code that doesn't add business value.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by AfDapone: 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
Some people just come and open their mouth waaaaaaaa!!!!. Imagine some people start saying, don't waste your time learning Python, you learn R...
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by LikeAking: 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
PedoBear:
Python has its use cases

As seen on YouTube.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by LikeAking: 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:
If the end users don't care what the dev used, why do you care if they used (or learn) TS? I really dislike all these "don't learn x" posts and comments. No one has any right to dictate what someone should and should not learn. If they want to learn Cobol or Fortran they are free to.

Those languages you mentioned are great..

I made this post cos the JS ecosystem is messed up with too many irrelevant things.. It’s good for dev to have a number 2 Lang.. Speaking from experience… Instead of learning TS, learn PY.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by airsaylongcome: 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
LikeAking:

I made this post cos the JS ecosystem is messed up with too many irrelevant things.. It’s good for dev to have a number 2 Lang.. Speaking from experience… Instead of learning TS, learn PY.

What's bad about TS? I'm from the old school where we programmed using strongly typed programming languages. And TS attempts to enforce that strong typing to JS
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by BlackhatMentor: 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
I pity the innocent folks who'd see your post and take you seriously not knowing you're a YabaLeft Escapee.

You need to be dealt with.

🤡
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by LikeAking: 12:41am On Nov 28, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
I pity the innocent folks who'd see your post and take you seriously not knowing you're a YabaLeft Escapee.

You need to be dealt with.

🤡

You are the yaba left patient..

No sane dev will ignore this..

When u get there u will understand..
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by stankelz: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2023
While I appreciate the encouragement to learn Python, I believe that dismissing TypeScript as 'nonsense' is a bit misleading, especially for developers whose core language is JavaScript. TypeScript, as a strongly typed language built on JavaScript, is rapidly becoming an industry standard. I strongly recommend anyone working with JavaScript to consider learning TypeScript before exploring other languages.

Speaking from my experience, JavaScript is not limited to just React and building blog apps. As someone whose primary language is JavaScript, I ventured into TypeScript, React, Three.js, and React-Three-Fiber, leaning towards the creative development side. I started coding around March 2022, nothing was forth-coming post-learning React, I didn't get discouraged. Instead, I picked-up Three.js, and my first programming gig was creating a 3D configurator editor for a USA client and that was because i learnt threeJs(upskilling is crucial).

Heading into 2024, I have plans for WebXR, VR, and AR, knowing that React also supports the WebXR API. Planning and upskilling in your core stack, while exploring other languages when necessary, is crucial. The tech industry is diverse, and JavaScript offers much more than simple to-do list apps. The key lies in continuous learning and upskilling to stay relevant.

Rather than jumping between languages, it's valuable to define your niche, focus on upskilling in your core stack, and explore other languages as needed. I plan on picking-up either python or C#, Knowing multiple languages is undoubtedly important in the ever-evolving tech landscape, however let's be guided in the way to dish out advices.

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by Teckwizard56: 7:37am On Nov 28, 2023
PedoBear:
Python has its use cases

Python is the best for full stack developer. I use python to build all my web apps
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by jikins(m): 7:46am On Nov 28, 2023
LikeAking:

I really don't understand you. TS is very easy to pick up if you know JS. Its just types. You are still writing JS only difference is you are just adding types to ensure safety. No big deal. TS is something you can pick up in a few hours. It not an entirely new language.

Python is however a different language which will take you more time to learn. Its fine if you want to but there is no reason why you can't learn python and TS. TS you can pick up in a few hours afterwards you can learn your Python.

Yeah TS have some advance concepts but you don't need to know it all at once just know the basic idea around it. You can learn the more advance parts as time goes on or when you need them. The basics will serve you very well.

I don't consider TS a second language. Because its still JS, with types here and there. If you want to learn a second language, TS is not that at all. Its just a superset of JS. But still JS. Python is a different language so that can be your second language if you want.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by LikeAking: 10:39am On Nov 28, 2023
jikins:

I really don't understand you. TS is very easy to pick up if you know JS. Its just types. You are still writing JS only difference is you are just adding types to ensure safety. No big deal. TS is something you can pick up in a few hours. It not an entirely new language.

Python is however a different language which will take you more time to learn. Its fine if you want to but there is no reason why you can't learn python and TS. TS you can pick up in a few hours afterwards you can learn your Python.

Yeah TS have some advance concepts but you don't need to know it all at once just know the basic idea around it. You can learn the more advance parts as time goes on or when you need them. The basics will serve you very well.

I don't consider TS a second language. Because its still JS, with types here and there. If you want to learn a second language, TS is not that at all. Its just a superset of JS. But still JS. Python is a different language so that can be your second language if you want.

It’s not about ease..

Devs should spread their nets..

The JS ecosystem can be limiting…

Front end JS..

Back end JS| Python or PHP, Java, etc.. Something like that.

No need burying themselves in JS ecosystem..

It will ad no value to them. To be honest it hasn’t added any value to most Naija devs.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by LikeAking: 10:43am On Nov 28, 2023
Teckwizard56:

Python is the best for full stack developer. I use python to build all my web apps

U are a correct dev..

It’s the best combo …

When they get dia they will understand.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by LikeAking: 10:49am On Nov 28, 2023
[quote author=stankelz post=127202927]While I appreciate the encouragement to learn Python/quote]

After learning TS not changed in your life, until u learnt 3 Js and boom u got your first gig.

I think you should create a post, encouraging people to learn 3 JS instead of TS..

Their is no need investing your time in one area, Doing on thing over and over in many ways.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by stankelz: 11:50am On Nov 28, 2023
[quote author=LikeAking post=127206170][/quote]I would rather encourage people to learn TypeScript after learning JavaScript, as TypeScript is essentially JavaScript with type safety. Clients may specifically request TypeScript for projects, whether it's in React, Angular, Three.js, R3f, etc. While advising picking additional languages is valuable, suggesting to abandon TypeScript in favor of learning other languages is misguided.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by jikins(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
LikeAking:

It’s not about ease..

Devs should spread their nets..

The JS ecosystem can be limiting…

Front end JS..

Back end JS| Python or PHP, Java, etc.. Something like that.

No need burying themselves in JS ecosystem..

It will ad no value to them. To be honest it hasn’t added any value to most Naija devs.

JS ecosystem is limiting grin

TS adds no value grin

Wanted to type a long reply but wetin concern me? Make everybody believe wetin dey 1 believe jare. Can't waste my time stating already existing facts.

Learn what you want jare.
Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by XXLDICK(m): 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2023
Teckwizard56:

Python is the best? 🤡

There is no best, sir.

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Wasting Your Time Learning Nonsense Type Script, Learn Python by Deicide: 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
PHP is the best

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Need Help With Golang Code. / Best Digital Marketing Agency In Delhi / Blockchain Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.