Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T (929 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by PPAT(f): 3:10am On Jan 11, 2022
I applied for Lithuanian Visa D to study in LT and I've already started my lectures online before my visa appointment date. But my visa was refused
There are some questions I was asked and I do not know if the answers I gave were good enough though it was the plain truth.
The guy that interviewed me asked if I'd applied to any embassy in previous years and if I was granted visa.
[/color] So I told him the truth. I applied to USA embassy 2018 to attend my brother's graduation I wasn't granted because I was doing my A levels then and the interviewer said she doesn't want my studies to be interrupted but my parents were granted.
[color=#770077]
A older friend of my in Lithuania said I shouldn't have disclosed that I've applied to an embassy before and wasn't granted. That Schegen embassy do not have jurisdiction to check USA database. Is that true? And do you advice I don't disclose that information when next am appearing in a schengen embassy?

2) I was asked if I have other relatives (like cousins) abroad.
My answer was a No.
Any clue on what the interviewer was trying to get by asking that question? ( I mean what has my travelling to study got to do with my extended family)
In case of another time, should I just say yes.
It seems like they don't like it when you're being truthful.
Looking forward to responses
Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 11, 2022
I believe Schengen countries only have access to data from fellow Schengen countries, so I don't think you needed to disclose anything out of fear, albeit, nothing bad in being honest.

1 Like

Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by pseudonomer: 10:16am On Jan 11, 2022
PPAT:
I applied for Lithuanian Visa D to study in LT and I've already started my lectures online before my visa appointment date. But my visa was refused
There are some questions I was asked and I do not know if the answers I gave were good enough though it was the plain truth.
The guy that interviewed me asked if I'd applied to any embassy in previous years and if I was granted visa.
[/color] So I told him the truth. I applied to USA embassy 2018 to attend my brother's graduation I wasn't granted because I was doing my A levels then and the interviewer said she doesn't want my studies to be interrupted but my parents were granted.
[color=#770077]
A older friend of my in Lithuania said I shouldn't have disclosed that I've applied to an embassy before and wasn't granted. That Schegen embassy do not have jurisdiction to check USA database. Is that true? And do you advice I don't disclose that information when next am appearing in a schengen embassy?

My answer was a No.
Any clue on what the interviewer was trying to get by asking that question? ( I mean what has my travelling to study got to do with my extended family)

We’re you being truthful about you not having a family member abroad? You lied actually, you were previously denied a visa because you wanted to attend your brother’s graduation abroad. And previously denial has negative implications on a new visa application.

If rejection is not stamped on your passport , I don’t think Schengen countries can check if you were previously denied in other countries except Schengen.

NB: These are just my opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by timexkaka: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2022
PPAT:
[color=#770077]

My answer was a No.

Was the second question about having relations abroad specific about relations in Europe? Because you said your brother graduated from a school in USA

1 Like

Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by ednut1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2022
PPAT:
[color=#770077]

My answer was a No.
madam always saw the truth in your visa applications. The visa denial for usa has nothing to do with your student visa application. The countries that check us, uk, new zealand and 2 others self. Its only when you use fake documents or give info that issues arises. The points you put up there has nothing to do with your application

1 Like

Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by PPAT(f): 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
pseudonomer:

We’re you being truthful about you not having a family member abroad? You lied actually, you were previously denied a visa because you wanted to attend your brother’s graduation abroad. And previously denial has negative implications on a new visa application.

If rejection is not stamped on your passport , I don’t think Schengen countries can check if you were previously denied in other countries except Schengen.

NB: These are just my opinions.

Go through what I typed again. How can you jump to conclusion that someone lied without reading the context well.
I was asked if I have OTHER RELATIVES and the interviewer specifically mentioned cousins.
Mind you the graduation I stated I was suppose to attend was my brother's.
So I do not get what made you say I lied.
Anyways, what you think about me does not matter a bit.�

1 Like

Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by PPAT(f): 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
It was about having other relations abroad apart from my nuclear family
timexkaka:

Was the second question about having relations abroad specific about relations in Europe? Because you said your brother graduated from a school in USA
Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by pseudonomer: 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
PPAT:

Go through what I typed again. How can you jump to conclusion that someone lied without reading the context well.
I was asked if I have OTHER RELATIVES and the interviewer specifically mentioned cousins.
Mind you the graduation I stated I was suppose to attend was my brother's.
So I do not get what made you say I lied.
Anyways, what you think about me does not matter a bit.�

Sorry, it wasn’t intentional, I just found it hard to believe you don’t have any relative “abroad”.
Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by PPAT(f): 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
It seems you do not understand me. I have some of my NUCLEAR FAMILY abroad but I don't have EXTENDED FAMILY there and my cousins "other" relatives do fall under extended family & "other" relatives
pseudonomer:

Sorry, it wasn’t intentional, I just found it hard to believe you don’t have any relative “abroad”.
Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by symbuul: 7:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
Hello Tabithabit523

You PM'd me, unfortunately I no longer have access to the email attached to this moniker. Is there any problem?
Re: Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T by MrDoGood(m): 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
symbuul:
Hello Tabithabit523

You PM'd me, unfortunately I no longer have access to the email attached to this moniker. Is there any problem?

He messaged me too.

Talking about buying BTC with Payoneer

(1) (Reply)

Any Better Payment App Than Chipper Cash? / Urgent Help Needed In Respect To Study Visa Route / Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.