Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

How To Stop Spam Registration In Php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Stop Spam Registration In Php (420 Views)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Iphone 5, 45 Android Phones From Dec 31 (see List) / How To Stop Spam Mail Enquiry From HTML Contact Form / How To Stop Spam Emails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Spam Registration In Php by seoconsultant(m): 5:54am On Jan 11, 2022
How To Stop Spam Registration in php

this was one headache I had to do research on...as spam bots had a way to break through Google recaptcha.

so it was totally hopeless and also do use of inbuilt captcha wasn't helpful.

so what I did to resolve this goes beyond the content on this post as I had to provide a security page that requires the spam bot (me thinking like a bot) to copy a certain password and enter it into the input form to now submit to see the original page.

I didn't make use of inbuilt captcha, if they can solve that they will solve this. so I gave it a simple task with zero coding and as usual still include a honey pot in-between the forms to fool the bot.

Guess what?! since the period I publish this post till date my spam registration and login form has actually stopped!
you too can try it out!

Reade more on the topic and get the codes
How To Stop Spam Registration in php

#google #research #security #webpage #registrations #spam #recaptcha #captcha

Re: How To Stop Spam Registration In Php by niel63(m): 11:47am On Jan 11, 2022
Bro! Give it time. The evil bots will bypass it. I remember battling those crazy spam bots back then. Omor, all my implementation, these things still bypassed.
I had to embed some bot bait input fields... honestly it stopped for a while but then, it didn't take long for them to come back again.
Moving forward derived 2 ways to permanently stop them.

1. Using a preregistration form that asks for a users number and do an otp confirmation for the new onboarding members. (Make I see as bot wan take get OTP) grin

2. Second working solution was to use cloudflare ddos attack 4seconds delay page. I'm sure you all see that pages in most websites these days telling you to wait before loading up a page. That's them confirming you aren't a bot
And if you are, cloudflare will frustrate you with their reloads.

Kai... spam bots. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Spam Registration In Php by nnamdiosu(m): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
niel63:
Bro! Give it time. The evil bots will bypass it. I remember battling those crazy spam bots back then. Omor, all my implementation, these things still bypassed.
I had to embed some bot bait input fields... honestly it stopped for a while but then, it didn't take long for them to come back again.
Moving forward derived 2 ways to permanently stop them.

1. Using a preregistration form that asks for a users number and do an otp confirmation for the new onboarding members. (Make I see as bot wan take get OTP) grin

2. Second working solution was to use cloudflare ddos attack 4seconds delay page. I'm sure you all see that pages in most websites these days telling you to wait before loading up a page. That's them confirming you aren't a bot
And if you are, cloudflare will frustrate you with their reloads.

Kai... spam bots. grin

Wait I

You mean simple random arthitemetc questions can also be defeated by this boys?

(1) (Reply)

. / Punters Prediction Website Php Script / Welding Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.