Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) (824 Views)

Danish Aid Worker, Anja Ringgren Lovén Shares Photos Of Girl Rescued 9 Years Ago / Matured married folks, pls come to my aid. / My Brother's Wife Served Me With Just A Meat Instead Of Two Meats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by Desire18: 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2022
I dont know the right section to post this, mods should pls help me do the needful.

Pls, pardon my english and punctuations after all I'm not learned grin grin.

Also pardon me for the long episode.

It occurred to me to bring this issue here perhaps it may concern other nairalanders and we may get better counsel here.

I was served a court order issued at Ikoyi high court on Friday 7th Jan. by my bank(named withheld). A certain amount of money was withheld from my account on Dec. 2nd 2021 and my account restricted.
I own a POS terminal business managed by someone. I was told a particular financial institution called
Hope payment service bank limited
had a system break down sometimes in Nov. 2021 and some persons that got to know about it used the opportunity to make fraudulent transfers to POS operators across the country and it cut across 16 financial banks in Nigeria.
About 195 of us across different state in Nigeria were served the order (I reside in one of the south Western states but not Lag).

Because the POS belongs to the bank, it was opened with account number so I instructed the person at the stand to always use it for transfers, though when there is no network we normally use another account but that particular day, it was the POS account number that was given to the person that came for the transactions and money given him immediately the alert gotten.

Now, we were made to understand that our account was placed on PND (pay no Debit) because they couldn't identify the people that made the transfers but had to hold the recipient of the money responsible.
** I will attach the court order at the end of my story pls.

I learnt they will start siting on the case on the 17th of January, 2022. Now my question is:
1. What are we suppose to do?
2. What's our fate in such situation?
3. I know that our bank's legal unit will be represented but will they be representing our interest?
4. Peradventure the court rule that we should forfeit that amount transferred to our account let's say 1.2m(for example) and I happened to have 100k only in my account when it was restricted, will I be mandated to pay the remaining amount even if after the account is unrestricted and I decided to abandone it?

NB: pls if you work at Ikoyi High court or know anything about the above subject matter we need useful updates pls ���

I'm not an expert here, pls if I want to view this thread anytime for update how do I go about it pls

Pls if this can make front page for wider view and comments, I will appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

1 Share

Re: Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by Youngboss54(m): 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2022
First and foremost i believe the lawyer who drafted the process would have sued all respondents jointly and severally. meaning if judgment goes in the plantiff favour, all of you would pay(contribution). Secondly you cant escape hiring the services of a lawyer. this isn't a matter you can just go to court and say a word or two, and the court would strike out the suit. this borders on fraudulent transaction and there's being a PND on your account, how would you apply to court to set aside such order pending determination of the substantive suit
All I'm trynna say is, you need a lawyer. nairaland/online barristers won't help you

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by lahp(m): 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2022
I for talk but me no be lawyer maybe the guy below get wetin e go reason u

Na just wether u go bend down make u fit see Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by tripoli007(m): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2022
You need a lawyer oh, endeavor to take snapshots ,or ID cards when customers make transfer , for this kinda purpose .

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by Desire18: 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2022
Youngboss54:
First and foremost i believe the lawyer who drafted the process would have sued all respondents jointly and severally. meaning if judgment goes in the plantiff favour, all of you would pay(contribution). Secondly you cant escape hiring the services of a lawyer. this isn't a matter you can just go to court and say a word or two, and the court would strike out the suit. this borders on fraudulent transaction and there's being a PND on your account, how would you apply to court to set aside such order pending determination of the substantive suit
All I'm trynna say is, you need a lawyer. nairaland/online barristers won't help you

Thanks for the response. I don't have the strength to pursue the case as I don't reside in Lag. I just hope persons among us that has huge amount involved will employ lawyers.
Besides, is there hope that we may win the case?
Re: Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by Desire18: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2022
tripoli007:
You need a lawyer oh, endeavor to take snapshots ,or ID cards when customers make transfer , for this kinda purpose .

We've stopped huge transfers. We only take transfer below 10k and you must be willing to drop your details and phone number.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by Desire18: 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2022
tripoli007:

Thanks.
Re: Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by Richy4(m): 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2022
Don't waste time contacting a lawyer to represent you .. the earlier the better so that he or she can have the time to read and reread the case...The date is just 17th January.. it's close..
Re: Lawyers In The House Pls Come To Our Aid(I was served court order) by Desire18: 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2022
Richy4:
Don't waste time contacting a lawyer to represent you .. the earlier the better so that he or she can have the time to read and reread the case...The date is just 17th January.. it's close..

Ok. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Oven Fresh Bread / Nairaland Family Please Show Me Joy Today. I Need Money even if na 1k / My Funny Experience Trying To Double My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.