Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Urgent Laptop Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Urgent Laptop Help (364 Views)

Urgent Laptop Expertize Needed / Urgent!!! Laptop For Sale!!!! / Please What Exactly Is Wrong With My Laptop? HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Laptop Help by Newusername(m): 12:38am On Jan 12, 2022
Good evening computer gurus, I updated my Asus vivobook corei3 processor of 1.20Ghz 4Ggb Ram too windows 11 after receiving notifications that I should from the system which I did. But after sometime, it was so slow in responding to commands and it frustrated me a lot. I met some one who I told and he asked me to go back to the previous version which I tried to do through the setting but it wasn't going through.

What he now did was that he used a USB flash drive, installed ISO files into it and some other things which made my system revert back to windows 10 after downloading it from get into pc. A day after my touchpad and function keys stopped working. I did all sort to get them back working by downloading different drivers and pressing f6/fn+f6 but nothing worked.

I also noticed that my PC name changed from Laptop (I can't remember) to DESKTOP-U3SHOI0 which wasn't originally there. Please what do I do to get my system back in it formal and normal self, help me out it is urgent cause this is what I used for my school stuff and other things and to let you know guys I have restarted severally.

cc: qtguru and the other gurus please.
Mods help me to push to the wilder audience where I can get mire solutions. Thanks.
Re: Urgent Laptop Help by qtguru(m): 12:48am On Jan 12, 2022
Newusername:
Good evening computer gurus, I updated my Asus vivobook corei3 processor of 1.20Ghz 4Ggb Ram too windows 11 after receiving notifications that I should from the system which I did. But after sometime, it was so slow in responding to commands and it frustrated me a lot. I met some one who I told and he asked me to go back to the previous version which I tried to do through the setting but it wasn't going through.

What he now did was that he used a USB flash drive, installed ISO files into it and some other things which made my system revert back to windows 10 after downloading it from get into pc. A day after my touchpad and function keys stopped working. I did all sort to get them back working by downloading different drivers and pressing f6/fn+f6 but nothing worked.

I also noticed that my PC name changed from Laptop (I can't remember) to DESKTOP-U3SHOI0 which wasn't originally there. Please what do I do to get my system back in it formal and normal self, help me out it is urgent cause this is what I used for my school stuff and other things and to let you know guys I have restarted severally.

cc: qtguru and the other gurus please.
Mods help me to push to the wilder audience where I can get mire solutions. Thanks.

Are your previous files still there, because you should still have your previous drivers unless he formatted it, if so, just go to the page of your system and re-download all the drivers again, also I will advice you move to Linux, it is less demanding on your hardware. Windows 10 is fast but you have to turn off some services to gain better performance.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Laptop Help by Newusername(m): 12:51am On Jan 12, 2022
qtguru:

Are your previous files still there, because you should still have your previous drivers unless he formatted it, if so, just go to the page of your system and re-download all the drivers again, also I will advice you move to Linux, it is less demanding on your hardware. Windows 10 is fast but you have to turn off some services to gain better performance.

Thank you for your response, my previous files are still there, and how do I move to Linux?
Re: Urgent Laptop Help by qtguru(m): 1:20am On Jan 12, 2022
Newusername:

Thank you for your response, my previous files are still there, and how do I move to Linux?

You can stay on Windows but increase the ram to 8

turn of Window Indexing
Go to Startup in Task Manager and remove some services and startups you don't need

and you can disable some effects in Systems under Control Panel

if you want to move to linux you will either have to create a seperate partition and install Linux on it, or wipe windows and replace with Linux. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Laptop Help by Newusername(m): 1:24am On Jan 12, 2022
qtguru:

You can stay on Windows but increase the ram to 8

turn of Window Indexing
Go to Startup in Task Manager and remove some services and startups you don't need

and you can disable some effects in Systems under Control Panel

if you want to move to linux you will either have to create a seperate partition and install Linux on it, or wipe windows and replace with Linux. All the best

Thanks.
Re: Urgent Laptop Help by Newusername(m): 11:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
Newusername:

Thanks.

My system is up and running now. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Laptop On A 160k Budget / . / Acer Aspire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.