Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah (26034 Views)

AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen / NFF Appoints Kanu, Okocha & Babangida As Scouts, Eguavoen Reacts / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by solbase10(m): 9:46am On Jan 12, 2022
Super Eagles head coach Austine Eguavoen has revealed how his side stopped Egypt captain Mohamed Salah in Tuesday night’s 2021 Africa Cup of Nations Group D clash, Completesports.com reports.

The Liverpool star failed to make much impact in the game with his side going down to a 1-0 defeat.

Much was expected from the forward following his superlative displays for Liverpool this season, but he was marked out of the game by the Super Eagles.

Eguavoen has now shed light on how his team tamed Salah in the game.

“Our main objevtive was to win the game, cut off Salah and keep the ball and we did all that,” Eguavoen said after the game at the Stade Roumde Adija, Garoua.

“We played direct and we also kept the ball.

“We will continue to approach each game as a cup final.”

Nigeria’s next game in the 2021 AFCON finals is against Sudan on Saturday.
Source: https://www.completesports.com/eguavoen-how-we-tamed-mohamed-salah/

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by kayuseful: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2022
Lucky Salah didn't score that one careless chance he had

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by gasparpisciotta: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2022
Eguavoen is technically sound.

I like his approach to the game.

Wish Eagles to fly higher

185 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Alphamentips: 10:36am On Jan 12, 2022
The Pharos played Salah as a lone striker so it was easy to lock him out. Both teams defended well esp Ahmed Hegazi that guy is a solid defender.

I would have subbed Salah on the 75th min if I was the head coach.

61 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Laggafin: 10:38am On Jan 12, 2022
Eguavon is texhnically sound .. he should be given the job after we win AFCON

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by JohnnyBling(m): 10:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Laggafin:

Make una rest oh. Hmmm.. It's too early to say so. I would love we win the cup too but let's just take it a game at a time eh

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Laggafin: 10:58am On Jan 12, 2022
JohnnyBling:

Make una rest oh. Hmmm.. It's too early to say so. I would love we win the cup too but let's just take it a game at a time eh
Bros we no go calm down.. ds Egypt win alone be like trophy..

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by paulolee(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2022
I think he should relax with this "sallah buzz" the guy had bad day in office n him playing as a striker as isolated him..
our coach should stop making it seems like s huge deal bcoz no b today European stars dey struggle for AFCON, just as Algeria couldn't beat d lowly rated team yesterday
our defense line was brilliant bt d likes of ekong was slow n a bit static, e allowed sallah beat an offside trap dt would ab changed d game bt dts the "luck" favtor in football..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:04am On Jan 12, 2022
Okay oo, Nigeria won the match and many others won theirs too. Just qualify abeg (and maybe win the cup), that's the goal.

8 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by paulolee(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2022
Laggafin:
win AFCON or not, he deserves the job than dt mourinho man wey we no kno..
make e no b like lars largaback case for 2010 wey e employ before worldcup n e took our football backwards

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Laggafin: 11:11am On Jan 12, 2022
paulolee:

win AFCON or not, he deserves the job than dt mourinho man wey we no kno..
Bros ur brain get beta oil jare

20 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by fattprince(m): 11:16am On Jan 12, 2022
paulolee:
I think he should relax with this "sallah buzz" the guy had bad day in office, was isolated n our coach should stop making it seems asif sallah was on red hot form n got contained my excellent defense
our defense line was brilliant bt d likes of ekong was slow n a bit static, e allowed sallah beat an offside trap dt would ab changed all this noise..
it was a nice game from the midfield n the attack, I think mr coach should focus on improving d team than talking about sallah dt was as bad as the whole Egyptian team yesterday
I wouldn't agree with you that Salah was bad yesterday. The tactics they used in first half was not favouring him. They were loading the ball to him instead of laying it for him. Immediately they saw that loading the ball was working for Nigeria but not for them they were meant to change tactics but too bad they had to wait till HT for their coach to tell them. Our long ball was reaching Simon but theirs wasn't reaching Salah.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Baawaa(m): 11:20am On Jan 12, 2022
For our coach to won Egypt, he got the job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Jostoman: 11:20am On Jan 12, 2022
Them don start to dey make mouth.

10 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Dshocker(m): 11:20am On Jan 12, 2022
It is too early to start bragging

7 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by lonelydora: 11:21am On Jan 12, 2022
Nna'a, Mo Saleh no see ball play. Super Eagles tie am like firewood.

Gernot Rohr almost ruined Super Eagles. Well done, Eguavoen

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by BIGDADDY000(m): 11:21am On Jan 12, 2022
YOU guys really tried, good luck to you out there.

BRING HOME THE TROPHY!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by DisLifeSha: 11:21am On Jan 12, 2022
We have a better coach at home and we've been wasting money on Genet Rorr

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Iliveforever(m): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2022
So we no go hear word again say Nigeria beat Egypt 1-0 ??
If e come be 4-0 now wetin for happen?

Make Benin no use them shine make their head calm down

5 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by FalseProphet1(m): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2022
Next is Sudan.

For gamblers in the house Nigeria to win Sudan and over 1.5, the rest of the fixtures aside ivory coast from today till Saturday play them under 2.5 and smile to the bank.

This I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Slynation(m): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2022
They have started with chest beating instead of focusing on the next game...I wonder how they arrived at that conclusion "They kept the ball' shey na the same gidigbo match wey I watch yesterday they dey analyse like this....!! shocked

7 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by goslowgoslow(m): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2022
We don hear a beg plan for the next match. Naija we no rest again as if the cup is won.

2 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by iReddington: 11:22am On Jan 12, 2022
Laggafin:

Can u imagine? What kind of shameless inferiority complex is this?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by vinceyinnovation: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2022
Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by jhydebaba(m): 11:23am On Jan 12, 2022
What I want to hear from you is : How we won the nation's cup against all odds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:24am On Jan 12, 2022
Kudos to you.
My country come first.
YNWA
Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by OakConsultNG: 11:24am On Jan 12, 2022
Good one..
Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by money121(m): 11:24am On Jan 12, 2022
Yimu
Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by goslowgoslow(m): 11:24am On Jan 12, 2022
Laggafin:

Na wah o..... which kain mumu talk be this?

4 Likes

Re: Eguavoen: How We ‘Tamed’ Mohamed Salah by Morenikeji090(m): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2022
Hey you that ain't sound like bragging... The man sound mature
Dshocker:
It is too early to start bragging

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Costa Rica Vs Greece World Cup (5 -3) On Penalties On 29th June 2014 / Even Man City B Team Can Win The Premier League - Mourinho / Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.