Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Here Is The Exact Reason You Are Struggling To Write Your Book - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Here Is The Exact Reason You Are Struggling To Write Your Book (118 Views)

Discover: The Exact Online Business That literally shook my Bank Account / We Are Struggling To Survive - Total / This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Is The Exact Reason You Are Struggling To Write Your Book by Bossuhzi(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
HERE IS THE EXACT REASON YOU ARE STRUGGLING TO WRITE YOUR BOOK

After reading the business of writing books by Edirin Edewor in February 2020, I was ignited to write my first book but there were some challenges I encountered.

I’m going to tell you the challenge I encountered and how I scaled through.

This could help you to start writing your own book.

Let me try to play what may be your present reality.

- You really want to write a book
- You believe your knowledge can help people
- You feel you are a good writer
- You believe people need to hear what you have to say.
- You know what you want to write but you don’t know how to start.

Here’s why;

1. You don’t read: Remember I said I was ignited to write my first book after I finished reading a book about writing.

The truth is that you cannot give what you don’t have, what you need to do now is to go and read a book on how to write.

2. You don’t have a mind map: In my first book, I wrote up to 10 pages and found out I was just writing rubbish because I didn’t have my mind map document.

What is a mind map,
In regards to writing a book, it’s a document or a piece where you write out

- What you want to write,
- why you are writing the book,
- when you want to start and finish writing and
- how you intend to do that.

This is a clarity document that will automatically become an accountability partner.

3. You are not disciplined to write: Discipline is doing what you have to do when you said you’ll do it whether you like it or not.

So if you say you’ll write 500words from 2-3pm and you are on Instagram scrolling aimlessly then you are wrong.

4. You are not even focused: You are probably feeding some other issues rather than attending to your book project.

You cannot chase two rabbits and catch both, focus on one thing.

5. You are a procrastinator: You keep saying tomorrow I’ll start and tomorrow never ends.

So what should you be doing now ?

Firstly, read about what you want to write about

Secondly, create a mind map

Thirdly, Start writing.

I wish you all the best ��

Your faithfully,

Uzoma Oranebo (Bossuhzi)

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Mattress Warranties And Sleep Trials: Find Out! / Part-time Digital Marketers Needed / National Food Expo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.