Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo (6852 Views)

They Scout For Obituaries Of Rich People To Steal Money In Their Bank Accounts / Police Declare Lady Wanted For Sucking Baby's Genital In Viral Video (Photos) / Car Dumps Lady's Dead Body In Sapele, Delta State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
A micro loan company has been accused of declaring defaulters dead, designing and circulating the obituaries of such persons to family and friends.

A customer, Azuwuike Chinedu Achiever recently shared his experience with the loan company on social media.

He said he had defaulted in his repayment plan for five days and the next thing he saw was his obituary.

On a public group on Facebook, another customer of a loan app, Victoria Eyo Ekpo revealed she was also a victim and vowed not to repay the loan.

She said, “This is what Deloan (app) sent to me oooo. I will never pay. They called my mum and insulted her. May God help us.” (sic).

Ekpo added that she borrowed the sum of N15,000.

When PUNCH Online spoke with one of the contact persons of Deloans, who the Truecaller app identified as ‘Scammer,’ he denied ever doing that.

The contact person, who simply identified himself as Somto “How can I do something like that? Am I not a human being?”

Pressed further, he said he doesn’t have the authority to speak on the matter and that our reporter would need to speak to his bosses before abruptly ending the call.

Further calls to his line went unanswered.

Meanwhile, the Executive Vice Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, Babatunde Irukera, has said that the regulators in the financial system are collaborating to address what is fast becoming a dominant and abusive practice targeting some of the most vulnerable in the society.

Irukera said, “In November (2021), the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission hosted a meeting attended by the chief executive officer of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, and representatives of the National Information Technology Development Agency and the Central Bank of Nigeria; in leading an effort to address multiple potentially dubious conduct of certain money lenders, otherwise known as loan sharks.

“Continuing complaints about questionable repayment enforcement practices including public shaming and violations of privacy, arbitrary, unjust, unreasonable, or exploitative interest rates and or loan balances calculations, harassment, and failure of consumer feedback mechanisms among others have led to significant and understandable consumer aggravation and dissatisfaction.”

https://punchng.com/loan-shark-declares-defaulters-dead-distributes-obituaries-to-relatives-friends/?amp

Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Truthisunique3: 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
But why do you guys keep borrowing from online companies

No be say the "loans" dey pass #50k

11 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
I hope Buhari is servicing the loans he took from china before we begin see his posters all over the internet o grin

17 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by samuel051: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
They are just spoiling their own business.

3 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by MJBOLT: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
this obituary format funny die grin

6 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Boogyman557: 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ..

Na to USE anoda ACCOUNT COLLECT plenty RUBBERZ from d useless loan company den zoom Dem..

WTF is Dat

I mean

WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Nicepoker(m): 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
Pay up when it's due. Nobody will harass you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by general111(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
I used to be a very good customer of one of them, not until i defaulted for two days.
I had reached out to them to tell them that things were not going well, only for me to start receiving threats oh.
They even called me a fraudster..
Well i paid them the loan, but i refused to pay them the extra charges.
They are calling me to them the extra charges, i just ignored them..
I will pay them, but make i stress them small.

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by realstars: 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
Thank God i no be borrow! borrow!

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by mytime24(f): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
Too bad

Dem need to regulate these their madness

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by MJBOLT: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
you want make them do obituary poster for you?? grin

general111:

3 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by badboyTee(m): 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
If you go that group on Fb u go laugh tire

Note: if you want to learn to borrow from Lcredit without them having access to contact any of your friends and family if you don't repay quote me so I teach you

2 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by general111(m): 9:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
MJBOLT:
you want make them do obituary poster for you?? grin

hahahahah...
Na just 2k, i don tell them say if thwm send one of those useless messages to my contact, make them just forget about the 2k cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by general111(m): 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
badboyTee:
If you go that group on Fb u go laugh tire

Note: if you want to learn to borrow from Lcredit without them having access to contact any of your friends and family if you don't repay quote me so I teach you
lcredit na very mad people.they need to ban them

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by badboyTee(m): 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
Y
general111:
lcredit na very mad people.they need to ban them
swrs grin

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Felabrity: 11:16pm On Jan 12, 2022
Federal Government suppose close this company since if to say dem get sense

4 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Gadafii: 3:14am On Jan 13, 2022
I am still very very happy that I trained my self to survive on what I have and can afford, taking loan or borrowing from friends is one thing I still don't do, I couldn't be starving to death and I will never disturb anyone to borrow me money, because I love my peace and sanity, and the small pride I have for my self I don't want anyone to rubbish it for me because of money I borrowed from him, the same way I don't lend people money, except the sum IAM prepared to let go, if you come to me to lend you money, I will tell you I can't lend you money, but take this amount, that's what I can afford, don't bother to pay back, simple as that.

I am grateful to God too, for always rescuing me at the eleventh hour, I have so much faith in him that what ever the financial problem I am having, I don't discuss that with anyone with the hope of getting financial favour from them, I am equally grateful God havent put me in a situation I can't handle my self, that one na big flex

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by oloyedewaris(m): 5:31am On Jan 13, 2022
wahala
Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by ednut1(m): 6:05am On Jan 13, 2022
Stop lending money to people who have no means to repay. This is madness
Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Omihanifa: 6:32am On Jan 13, 2022
This is so unprofessional all in the name of recovering their money they are doing this childish thing

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Torg77: 6:51am On Jan 13, 2022
general111:
I used to be a very good customer of one of them, not until i defaulted for two days.
I had reached out to them to tell them that things were not going well, only for me to start receiving threats oh.
They even called me a fraudster..
Well i paid them the loan, but i refused to pay them the extra charges.
They are calling me to them the extra charges, i just ignored them..

you broke people know how to collect loans above your means but can't pay back. Its always easy and sweet to collect but when you don't pay back its hard and bitter for the companies involved. If 50 nigerians take loans and don't pay these companies will run into debt. If you don't have money go do conductor and stop punching above your weight

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Torg77: 6:53am On Jan 13, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
A micro loan company has been accused of declaring defaulters dead, designing and circulating the obituaries of such persons to family and friends.

A customer, Azuwuike Chinedu Achiever recently shared his experience with the loan company on social media.

He said he had defaulted in his repayment plan for five days and the next thing he saw was his obituary.

On a public group on Facebook, another customer of a loan app, Victoria Eyo Ekpo revealed she was also a victim and vowed not to repay the loan.

She said, “This is what Deloan (app) sent to me oooo. I will never pay. They called my mum and insulted her. May God help us.” (sic).

When PUNCH Online spoke with one of the contact persons of Deloans, who the Truecaller app identified as ‘Scammer,’ he denied ever doing that.

The contact person, who simply identified himself as Somto “How can I do something like that? Am I not a human being?”

Pressed further, he said he doesn’t have the authority to speak on the matter and that our reporter would need to speak to his bosses before abruptly ending the call.

Meanwhile, the Executive Vice Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, Babatunde Irukera, has said that the regulators in the financial system are collaborating to address what is fast becoming a dominant and abusive practice targeting some of the most vulnerable in the society.

Irukera said, “In November (2021), the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission hosted a meeting attended by the chief executive officer of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, and representatives of the National Information Technology Development Agency and the Central Bank of Nigeria; in leading an effort to address multiple potentially dubious conduct of certain money lenders, otherwise known as loan sharks.

“Continuing complaints about questionable repayment enforcement practices including public shaming and violations of privacy, arbitrary, unjust, unreasonable, or exploitative interest rates and or loan balances calculations, harassment, and failure of consumer feedback mechanisms among others have led to significant and understandable consumer aggravation and dissatisfaction.”

https://punchng.com/loan-shark-declares-defaulters-dead-distributes-obituaries-to-relatives-friends/?amp

Lalasticlala Mynd44

its greed to collect money you can't pay back. Its even wickedness. These loan companies have things to run and when 60 of you don't pay back they go into debt. You people go to loan companies because the banks you even bank with won't give you a loan. If you can't pay don't collect. If you are broke please go and sweep the streets for money or go and do bus conductor work

2 Likes

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by general111(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2022
Torg77:

you broke people know how to collect loans above your means but can't pay back. Its always easy and sweet to collect but when you don't pay back its hard and bitter for the companies involved. If 50 nigerians take loans and don't pay these companies will run into debt. If you don't have money go do conductor and stop punching above your weight
"You broke people"
"Cant pay back"..
Abeg go and read my first comment well before you start what you cannot finish cheesy

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by DonBenny77(m): 8:19am On Jan 13, 2022
grin
Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Rickmann: 9:40am On Jan 13, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Lalasticlala Mynd44

All these useless and hungry loan companies should enjoy the moment...CBN is warming up for them. Them go see regulatory policies, tear race..

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Truvelisback(m): 9:49am On Jan 13, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
I hope Buhari is servicing the loans he took from china before we begin see his posters all over the internet o grin
Himself never pay him loan. Him wan leave am for the next president.
Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:50am On Jan 13, 2022
Truvelisback:
Himself never pay him loan. Him wan leave am for the next president.
Na Buhari teach Nigerians how to collect loan grin

1 Like

Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by faithfull18(f): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2022
Gadafii:
I am still very very happy that I trained my self to survive on what I have and can afford, taking loan or borrowing from friends is one thing I still don't do, I couldn't be starving to death and I will never disturb anyone to borrow me money, because I love my peace and sanity, and the small pride I have for my self I don't want anyone to rubbish it for me because of money I borrowed from him, the same way I don't lend people money, except the sum IAM prepared to let go, if you come to me to lend you money, I will tell you I can't lend you money, but take this amount, that's what I can afford, don't bother to pay back, simple as that.

I am grateful to God too, for always rescuing me at the eleventh hour, I have so much faith in him that what ever the financial problem I am having, I don't discuss that with anyone with the hope of getting financial favour from them, I am equally grateful God havent put me in a situation I can't handle my self, that one na big flex
That's the attitude.
Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:28am On Jan 13, 2022
Them put burial flowers
Re: Loan Company Declare Lady Dead, Distributes Obituaries To Relatives - Photo by Kenny9857(m): 11:17am On Jan 13, 2022
Torg77:

from this your write-up, I guess you are working for one of this so called loan companies.....
Please you can advice without being insulting...
We are never created equal and you never knew why they defaulted. Back to your write-up, you need to go read what you mentioned over and over again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

17 Year Old Nigerian Millionaire Murdered A Defenceless Old Woman / Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri / Scape-goating Of A Common Man Over N355 Million Fraud By First Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.