Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

I Will Not Watch The Qatar World Cup, Thousands Of Workers Have Died Building Th - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Will Not Watch The Qatar World Cup, Thousands Of Workers Have Died Building Th (300 Views)

Qatar World Cup To Use Semi-automated Offside Technology / North Vs South Korea: Qatar World Cup Qualifiers, The Strangest Kind Of Football / Qatar World Cup Stadium Is Made From Shipping Containers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Not Watch The Qatar World Cup, Thousands Of Workers Have Died Building Th by RoidMicheal: 7:13am On Jan 13, 2022
According to Cantona, he knows the world cup is a big business venture but World Cups should be awarded to countries with an opportunity to have a lasting impact and grow football among their population, both male and female, but in Qatar, an Islamic state, Cantona believes there is no potential for football growth.

Speaking exclusively to Sportsmail at the Launch of Looking FC, football trips for fans to experience the world and its cities through football communities, Cantona said;

‘To be honest, I don’t really care about the next World Cup, which is not a real World Cup for me. In the last decades, you had a lot of events like the Olympic Games or World Cups in countries that are emerging – like in Russia or China.

https://trendyblog.com.ng/i-will-not-watch-the-qatar-world-cup-thousands-of-workers-have-died-building-the-stadiums-premier-league-icon-eric-cantona/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Announce Date & Venue For Ghana Clash / Frank Lampard's Encouraging Words About Alex Iwobi / "I'm Willing To Pay": Novak Djokovic Ready To Sacrifice Trophies If Being Forced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.