Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 (12902 Views)

Printing More Money: See What Hyper Inflation Caused In Somaliland (photos) / Kemi Olunloyo: I Lectured The IPOB On Facebook Live, IPOB Remains My Servant / BREAKING: APC Changes It's NEXT LEVEL Logo (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Awka360: 11:20am On Jan 13, 2022
Most of us travelled down East during the Yuletide period and met a different region from what we use to know. Some people couldn’t ball the way they used to because of the rate of crime and political unrest currently going on in the East. Will be highlighting the biggest events of the East and its effects.

One of the biggest event that took place in Nigerian in the heat 2021 is that of the IPOB sit at home order. This event caused a huge change especially amongst the Eastern part of Nigeria.

August 9, 2021, a day Nigerians in the east would not forget so easily. It was the day the Indigenous people of Biafra decided that every Monday would be declared Ghost Monday, or sit at home Monday.

The Indigenous people of Biafra decided to sit at home every Monday as a way of Solidarity to their leader, Nnamdi Kanu. They promised to sit at home every Mondays until Nnamdi Kanu gets released. This was because Nnamdi Kanu was detained by the federal Government of Nigeria.

Below are a few changes in the East that made this one of the biggest event in 2021,

1. Increase in price of goods and services

During the sit at home in the east, the prices of goods and services increased drastically. The poor people were finding it hard to feed, this happened because traders could not go to the market on Mondays to buy goods.

Since the demand for goods and services by the people became high, traders saw it as an opportunity to increase their goods. The sit at home also affected the importation of food from other states, this is because majority of people were unable to trade mondays.

2. Loss of lives and properties

The sit at home order also led to alot of lives being loss, and alot of properties getting destroyed. This was due to the attack on citizens that refused to sit at home on Mondays.

There were various reports by different Media houses of cars getting burnt because they refused to sit at home.

3. Change in the Educational System in the East

The IPOB sit at home also affected the education system and school time table in the east. Alot of kids had to stop going to school on Mondays in other to be safe. Even exams that were scheduled on Mondays had to be moved because of the order.

Different schools had to make a readjustment to their school calendar and scrap off Mondays from their time tables.

4. Business Men and traders also lost alot of money during the sit at home. This is because Mondays are known as the busiest day of the week, and these traders were denied the right to trade on Mondays.

The IPOB sit at home definitely changed alot in the East, even though the sit at home order has reduced, some things are yet to go back to normal.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by pinkPUSSY(f): 11:23am On Jan 13, 2022
When your enemies are advising you to stop doing something, double your rate of doing it.

E get why !

E dey pain dem say after sit at home,our Fed allocation go still dey complete.. grin grin cheesy

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Emergingnation0: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2022
Awka360:
[s]Most of us travelled down East during the Yuletide period and met a different region from what we use to know. Some people couldn’t ball the way they used to because of the rate of crime and political unrest currently going on in the East. Will be highlighting the biggest events of the East and its effects.
One of the biggest event that took place in Nigerian in the heat 2021 is that of the IPOB sit at home order. This event caused a huge change especially amongst the Eastern part of Nigeria.

August 9, 2021, a day Nigerians in the east would not forget so easily. It was the day the Indigenous people of Biafra decided that every Monday would be declared Ghost Monday, or sit at home Monday.

The Indigenous people of Biafra decided to sit at home every Monday as a way of Solidarity to their leader, Nnamdi Kanu. They promised to sit at home every Mondays until Nnamdi Kanu gets released. This was because Nnamdi Kanu was detained by the federal Government of Nigeria.

Below are a few changes in the East that made this one of the biggest event in 2021,

During the sit at home in the east, the prices of goods and services increased drastically. The poor people were finding it hard to feed, this happened because traders could not go to the market on Mondays to buy goods.

Since the demand for goods and services by the people became high, traders saw it as an opportunity to increase their goods. The sit at home also affected the importation of food from other states, this is because majority of people were unable to trade mondays.

The sit at home order also led to alot of lives being loss, and alot of properties getting destroyed. This was due to the attack on citizens that refused to sit at home on Mondays.

There were various reports by different Media houses of cars getting burnt because they refused to sit at home.

The IPOB sit at home also affected the education system and school time table in the east. Alot of kids had to stop going to school on Mondays in other to be safe. Even exams that were scheduled on Mondays had to be moved because of the order.

Different schools had to make a readjustment to their school calendar and scrap off Mondays from their time tables.

4. Business Men and traders also lost alot of money during the sit at home. This is because Mondays are known as the busiest day of the week, and these traders were denied the right to trade on Mondays.

The IPOB sit at home definitely changed alot in the East, even though the sit at home order has reduced, some things are yet to go back to normal.
Cc:Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44[/s]
Leaving your backwards and terrorist ravaged region to masturbate about IPOB/SE is absurd..... Chronic unity begging stunts

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by KanoFirstSon: 11:35am On Jan 13, 2022
Awka360:
Most of us travelled down East during the Yuletide period and met a different region from what we use to know. Some people couldn’t ball the way they used to because of the rate of crime and political unrest currently going on in the East. Will be highlighting the biggest events of the East and its effects.

Cc:Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44
Make I book spesgrin
Children of hate and blame over to you

2 Likes

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by after4: 11:41am On Jan 13, 2022
When are you going to write about Fulani that just killed some persons in enugu some days ago.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Farid24224(m): 11:42am On Jan 13, 2022
Stupid people!!

Tuehhh!! undecided

1 Like

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by after4: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2022
That is if he is an Igbo person srf

Emergingnation0:
Leaving your backwards and terrorist ravaged region to masturbate about IPOB/SE is absurd..... Chronic unity begging stunts

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2022
The tribalism war will soon start here on nairaland undecided
Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Moferere: 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2022
Enjoy your Biafra in peace

1 Like

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by jmoore(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
When your enemies are advising you to stop doing something, double your rate of doing it.

E get why !

Continue. Buhari will die of hunger if we continue to sit at home.

Let's declare 3 mon,ths sit at home. One day is too small.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Emergingnation0: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2022
jmoore:
[s]
Continue. Buhari will die of hunger if we continue to sit at home.

Let's declare 3 months sit at home. One day is too small.[/s]
Says chronic unity beggar, coward that can't leave without Igbo

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2022
Ibo

2 Likes

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Akudaisi: 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Ibo
will keep tormenting you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Tingotoe: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
Emergingnation0:
IPOB bingo don show grin

4 Likes

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by jmoore(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
Emergingnation0:
Says chronic unity beggar, coward that can't leave without Igbo
Starving freedom beggar!!

It is 'Live' not 'leave'.

I can live with Igbo people because I am Igbo but I can't live with IPOB cannibalistic terrorists.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Emergingnation0: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
jmoore:

Starving freedom beggar!!

It is 'Live' not 'leave'.

[s]I can live with Igbo people because I am Igbo but I can't live with IPOB cannibalistic terrorists.[/s]
Aboki , you can't be Igbo, even in your next life

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by jmoore(m): 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2022
Emergingnation0:
Aboki , you can't be Igbo, even in your next life
It is now Aboki, not Afonja as usual. grin grin

Joe Igbokwe is from Niger republic.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by IGBOSON1: 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2022
Emergingnation0:

Don’t mind the lying impostor!

I know exactly why he wrote this cra’p! The other day, i said i saw threads created by Igbo sons and daughters who travelled down to the south-east, and they all reported on the good time they had and how peaceful their stay was! This useless thread here is to try and counter those ones with lies!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Emergingnation0: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2022
jmoore:

It is now Aboki, not Afonja as usual. grin grin

Joe Igbokwe is from Niger republic.

I never identify you as an Afonja. You're typical fulani Muslim Who perhaps reside in the East.. Beside livingg in Hausa/Fulani quarters in East doesn't make you an Igbo man.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by IGBOSON1: 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
after4:
When are you going to write about Fulani that just killed some persons in enugu some days ago.

Probably when hell freezes over!

3 Likes

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by jmoore(m): 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2022
Emergingnation0:
I never identify you as an Afonja. You're typical fulani Muslim Who perhaps reside in the East.. Beside leaving in Hausa/Fulani quarters in East doesn't make you an Igbo man.
And you think you are Igbo? Conduct DNA test first. E go shock you.

4 Likes

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Tunasco4u(m): 9:43am On Jan 17, 2022
Ok
Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Authoreety: 9:44am On Jan 17, 2022
The Monday sit at home has been called off...

So what's the need for this post at this time..

Meanwhile the op is correct in all his points but this should have been posted earlier than now
Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Daniel058(m): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2022
They say "Igbo man will never become president of this country" ,no problem.

We want to have our Very own country.

Let us go!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Omicron007: 9:44am On Jan 17, 2022
I hereby declare violence, chest-beating and Tribal bigotry open on this thread.

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Lovenorth: 9:45am On Jan 17, 2022
I really like the sit at home order by the Ipob terrorists
Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by Sunnycliff(m): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2022
Leave the East alone! Nothing good comes easy. For freedom sake, sacrifice is inevitable! No one ever got independence on a platter of gold! Is your Nigeria working?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by sanity12(m): 9:46am On Jan 17, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

E get why !

Nobi so, that is not a good advice, do u know how bad people were affected?...oya tell me one positive change caused by d sit at home

2 Likes

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by chiagozien(m): 9:46am On Jan 17, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Don’t mind the lying impostor!

I know exactly why he wrote this cra’p! The other day, i said i saw threads created by Igbo sons and daughters who travelled down to the south-east, and they all reported on the good time they had and how peaceful their stay was! This useless thread here is to try and counter those ones with lies!
I saw that thread and i think i contributed in it.

Did bias yoruba mods moved that particular thread to front page?

I won't be surprise if the answer is no because yoruba mods front page only what they think will make Igbos to hate Ipob and Biafran.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by anambraamaka: 9:46am On Jan 17, 2022
Hnmm
Re: The IPOB Sit At Home Order And The Changes It Caused In The East In 2021 by anambraamaka: 9:46am On Jan 17, 2022
Daniel058:
We want to have our Very own country.

Let us go!

!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnewi City: Abandoned And Neglected! / 75,000 Children Could Die In Nigeria In 2017 - UNICEF / Lai Mohammed To Atiku: You Can’t Become President Through Backdoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.