Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

My Candid Observation About Nairaland... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Candid Observation About Nairaland... (623 Views)

Is This A Nigerian Factor- Workplace Observation / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / I Need Your Candid Advices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by DreamAchieverz(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
I have been an active reader on nairaland since 2012, always coming here to read comments and funny and savage reply from online keyboard warriors anytime I am bored. I just decided to join the Forum recently.
With what I have noticed over the years, there have been little or no changes to the Forum interface and it looks absurd to me. I mean, how can a website that is as old as Buhari, with such high authority and millions of users every month, still decide to keep the same old interface.
Not even a single upgrade, composing a post looks like you are using abacus, to insert image in-between texts is a complex issue among many other things.
We all know how other social media platforms always come up with updates almost every week in order to improve their user experience.
Please Oga Seun Osenwa, kindly look into this and get your developers working, if not for anything, atleast to make the Forum look more appealing and attract more members.
Best regards.
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by EmzyT: 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
DreamAchieverz:
I have been an active reader on nairaland since 2012, always coming here to read comments and funny and savage reply from online keyboard warriors anytime I am bored. I just decided to join the Forum recently.
With what I have noticed over the years, there have been little or no changes to the Forum interface and it looks absurd to me. I mean, how can a website that is as old as Buhari, with such high authority and millions of users every month, still decide to keep the same old interface.
Not even a single upgrade, composing a post looks like you are using abacus, to insert image in-between texts is a complex issue among many other things.
We all know how other social media platforms always come up with updates almost every week in order to improve their user experience.
Please Oga Seun Osenwa, kindly look into this and get your developers working, if not for anything, atleast to make the Forum look more appealing and attract more members.
Best regards.

Not only you bro. I noticed too
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by SafetyPlug(m): 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
I also noticed if one decides to deactivate an account, one can't create a new account with the email address used for the deactivated account. undecided
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by pointblank247(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2022
Good observations

1 Like

Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by Haakeem(m): 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
I dey your back jor
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by DreamAchieverz(m): 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2022
EmzyT:

Not only you bro. I noticed too

Abi nah... I just hope the mods can look into this in the nearest future and give nairaland a new face
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by DreamAchieverz(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2022
SafetyPlug:
I also noticed if one decides to deactivate an account, one can't create a new account with the email address used for the deactivated account. undecided

hmmm... I guess that is because the deactivated email address would've have been stored in their database.
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by SafetyPlug(m): 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2022
DreamAchieverz:

hmmm... I guess that is because the deactivated email address would've have been stored in their database.

Yes, backend issue.
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by meobizy(f): 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2022
Learning is earning.
So, what have you learned on Nairaland all these years and how have you made money from it?
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by DreamAchieverz(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
meobizy:

So, what have you learned on Nairaland all these years and how have you made money from it?

well, I keep myself up to date with some of the happenings and trends going on in the country. Not that I am earning money directly from here... hope you understand what I mean sir
Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2022
This is the 800th time this issue is being brought up. I think the reason why nothing has changed is because most people here are just okay with the simplicity of this forum. Most agree it could look better, but still have no problem if it didn’t.
And the thing about Nairaland is that the content is the only thing that draws people to it.
Going through nairaland is like reading a newspaper; it’s neither visually appealing, nor does it have a nice feel to it, you’re just reading it to get information.
So think of nairaland as an electronic newspaper. If it’s not broken don’t fix it.

2 Likes

Re: My Candid Observation About Nairaland... by DreamAchieverz(m): 3:34am On Jan 14, 2022
Rgade:
This is the 800th time this issue is being brought up. I think the reason why nothing has changed is because most people here are just okay with the simplicity of this forum. Most agree it could look better, but still have no problem if it didn’t.
And the thing about Nairaland is that the content is the only thing that draws people to it.
Going through nairaland is like reading a newspaper; it’s neither visually appealing, nor does it have a nice feel to it, you’re just reading it to get information.
So think of nairaland as an electronic newspaper. If it’s not broken don’t fix it.

Yeah, I agree with you...

(1) (Reply)

Guaranteed!! Get Rid Of Unemployment In 3-steps This Free Webinar Reveals How. / Data Analysis And Management / Experienced Web Programmer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.