Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG (14327 Views)

Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦120m, Cars To Nigerian Government / Boko Haram In Charge Of Geidam 72 Hours On, Kills Primary School Teacher, Others / Diezani, Badeh, Fayose, Dasuki, Yuguda, 65 Others Forfeit 214 Properties To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by NwaNimo1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
An Abuja Federal High Court has ordered the interim forfeiture of N110.4 million traced to the bank accounts of one James Erebuoye and seven other suspects by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC) for allegedly being proceeds of crime.

A statement issued on Thursday by the ICPC spokesperson, Azuka Ogugua, said, an ex-parte motion filed by Raheem Adesina on behalf of ICOC before Justice D. Okorowa, further prayed for an order of interim forfeiture of a Toyota Lexus Jeep and a Toyota Venza car, including an Ipad device.

The statement explained that the properties were seized by the Commission from Erebuoye and his accomplices who were alleged to have benefitted from over N500 million illicit fund stashed in the account of a primary school teacher, Mrs. Roseline Uche Egbuha.

ICPC said, it found that N110,364,592.4 was surreptitiously moved sometime in 2020, from the bank account of the primary school teacher, who was being investigated for money laundering and other fraud, into different accounts owned by Erebuoye and eight other persons, including two companies.

“The money to be forfeited includes N17.4 million that was transferred to the bank account of Erebuoye, N14.2 million to an account owned by one Ojo Alonge, N16.4 million to a company called DY Bako and Sons Ltd and N30.8 million to another company known as Dorason Construction ltd.

“The order for interim forfeiture also covers the sums of N7.1 million traced to an account owned by Owoyemi Mayowa, N8.2 million, and N6.5 million traced to the bank accounts of Emon Aje Okune and Maureen Chidinma, respectively”, the statement added.

Mrs Egbuha, a teacher at Ozala Primary School, Abagana, Anambra State, was arrested in June 2020 by the Commission for allegedly laundering N550 million.
https://thewillnigeria.com/news/primary-school-teacher-others-forfeit-n110-4m-to-fg/

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by GboyegaD(m): 6:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
The corruption wey dey naija, we no fit wipe am out.

8 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by yommitte00(m): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2022
We are in trouble in this country. May God heal our land

5 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by Elibakon: 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2022
Na wa oh
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by FreeStuffsNG: 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2022
Sensational headline that's absolutely unnecessary.
Lesson: Crime does not pay.
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by SarkinYarki: 6:57pm On Jan 13, 2022
This case is just a clear case of Nigerian govt theft , till date the Nigerian govt has not been able to prove that this fund is a proceed of any crime anywhere but are hell bent of using an unjust forfeiture to steal it ...You can see the make sure you don't have a clear back story of this matter ..For those who don't this woman ( teacher) has a son somewhere in South America that keeps remitting millions of Naira into her account to help him invest here in Nigeria , as per her lowly status the bank officials and Nigerian govt hatched plan to call the money suspicious and sieze it ..Till date there is no proof her son is into crime in South America , till date no south American govt has said there was crime in their country..it's a shame how we do so much to stop poor families from breaking through in this country

17 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2022
Where this teacher take find all this money?

I've read the article and I didn't see who she scammed or how she got the money.

5 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by brightovio007(m): 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2022
Na only the less connected dey suffer for the fight against corruption for Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by Ilefoaye(m): 6:59pm On Jan 13, 2022
Nawa oo
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by chidan1214: 7:02pm On Jan 13, 2022
Hahaha na innocent primary school teacher dem catch hahaha
Dem no catch the real faceless thief behind the school teacher hahaha
How did a primary school teacher get access to such an amount.
Hahaha we be fools because dem think say we be fools
Hahaha

NwaNimo1:

https://thewillnigeria.com/news/primary-school-teacher-others-forfeit-n110-4m-to-fg/
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by Akwaibomdude(m): 7:02pm On Jan 13, 2022
This is serious
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by SarkinYarki: 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

I've read the article and I didn't see who she scammed or how she got the money.

Don't mind the govt they keep hiding the backstory to make it look like the woman is a thief ...she has son that has been in South America for a decade and he is the one that's sends her the money to invest for her here in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Don't mind the govt they keep hiding the backstory to make it look like the woman is a thief ...she has son that has been in South America for a decade and he is the one that's sends her the money to invest for her here in Nigeria

I tire for 234 journalism
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by Funkymode(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2022
I love my country Nigeria, to be faithful, loyal and honest to loot my country with all my strength, to disrupt our unity and downhold honor and glory, so help guys! grin grin grin
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by SarkinYarki: 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

I tire for 234 journalism

I just hate how the Nigerian govt has bullied them just to steal their money..
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by SarkinYarki: 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2022
GboyegaD:
The corruption wey dey naija, we no fit wipe am out.

That woman is not corrupt anything ,it's her son that's sends those sums into her account from South America where he says he does business...

1 Like

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by Funkymode(m): 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:

They're looking for ways to steal the money from her, that's their way

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:

I just hate how the Nigerian govt has bullied them just to steal their money..

It's very bad.

If only the woman can defend the source of the money, then the government can't do anything.

I just pray she can.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by einsteine(m): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

Her son was sending her money from Brazil.

The bank officials say it is a proceed of fraud and they reported to efcc.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by money121(m): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
einsteine:

E no make sense at all.

I wish the son can defend the source of his money, then it wouldn't be a problem.
Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by SarkinYarki: 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

It's very bad.

If only the woman can defend the source of the money, then the government can't do anything.

I just pray she can.

The case has been on for a while , they want the son to come to Nigeria and defend the source and the chap said he is not ready to leave his business there yet..I would expect the Nigerian govt to liase with the Brazilian authorities to see if they have case against the guy but if they don't then they govt should give them their money abeg

5 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by Afamsi: 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
Money that will still end in the accounts of bigger thieves in Buhari government

3 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by SarkinYarki: 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
einsteine:

But the problem here is the Nigerian govt can't prove till date it's a proceed of fraud and neither has the Brazilian govt said same

4 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by LegalOpinion: 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:
This case is just a clear case of Nigerian govt theft , till date the Nigerian govt has not been able to prove that this fund is a proceed of any crime anywhere but are hell bent of using an unjust forfeiture to steal it ...You can see the make sure you don't have a clear back story of this matter ..For those who don't this woman ( teacher) has a son somewhere in South America that keeps remitting millions of Naira into her account to help him invest here in Nigeria , as per her lowly status the bank officials and Nigerian govt hatched plan to call the money suspicious and sieze it ..Till date there is no proof her son is into crime in South America , till date no south American govt has said there was crime in their country..it's a shame how we do so much to stop poor families from breaking through in this country

Listen to yourself. Her son send "millions" for her to invest and remain as a primary school teacher?

BTW you also forgot to tell us what the multi-millionaire son does "somewhere in South America".

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by SarkinYarki: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2022
LegalOpinion:

Listen to yourself. Her son send "millions" for her to invest and remain as a primary school teacher?

BTW you also forgot to tell us what the multi-millionaire son does "somewhere in South America".

It's left for govt to prove it's the proceed of crime , the Brazilian govt didn't report that any money is missing in their country neither did and other law enforcement . If the govt is sincere why can't they return the money back to Brazil , why are they keeping bit for themselves to loot? By investment I mean building houses and some distribution businesses

4 Likes

Re: Primary School Teacher, Others Forfeit ₦110.4 Million To FG by Boyhood: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2022
LegalOpinion:

Listen to yourself too... Did she fraudulently get such money and still remain as a primary school teacher?
BTW you too also forgot to tell us what crime the multi-millionaire teacher commited "is it a crime for a teacher to keep millions in her bank account"?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10th Assembly: ‘New Dawn’ Caucus Emerges In House Of Rep / PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact / Just In- Tambuwal Sacks Information Commissioner For Defecting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.