Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious House Agent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious House Agent (222 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious House Agent by Powergeini: 7:16am On Jan 15, 2022
Greetings Nairaland,

I will make this short as possible, August 30, 2021 I paid 400k for a mini-flat around Abule egba. It was a new house and little work was still ongoing, according to the agent the house will be ready first week in Nov. The agent was also the engineer monitoring the house, I was at the house on two different occasions to see progress of house and to know when t move in.

Fast forward to Dec 2021 when the house was supposed to be ready the agent keeps giving me different excuses that some work is stil going on.. I decided to go there myself and i found out the apartment has been let out to another occupant.

I called him immediately I said so many things out of annoyance and he agreed to refund my money back the next day.. Next day I didn't see my money and I traced him to his house with some of my folks. We meet him but my folks didn't want me to say anything because things my get out of hands. They both agreed and he said we should give him to January Ending.

It's almost January ending and my patience is really running out, If he doesn't pay me at the agreed time things will really get out of hands because this past few days the kind of evil things coming to my mind to do to this man is getting at me....Before I do something really really bad to this man and his family please advise me on how well to get my money back.

Thank you. Kindly ignore my errors in the write up.
Re: How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious House Agent by Elmojiid(m): 7:37am On Jan 15, 2022
Sir na patient ooo don't involve police or thugs
Re: How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious House Agent by aycapri(m): 7:45am On Jan 15, 2022
Elmojiid:
Sir na patient ooo don't involve police or thugs
am sorry, but what if he is not ready to release the fund? My advice is Call your bank, get a court order and request for a fund recall if he doesn’t give you the fund by month end. He will be the one chasing you all around with calls.
Re: How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious House Agent by enochogaga(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2022
Powergeini:
Greetings Nairaland,

I will make this short as possible, August 30, 2021 I paid 400k for a mini-flat around Abule egba. It was a new house and little work was still ongoing, according to the agent the house will be ready first week in Nov. The agent was also the engineer monitoring the house, I was at the house on two different occasions to see progress of house and to know when t move in.

Fast forward to Dec 2021 when the house was supposed to be ready the agent keeps giving me different excuses that some work is stil going on.. I decided to go there myself and i found out the apartment has been let out to another occupant.

I called him immediately I said so many things out of annoyance and he agreed to refund my money back the next day.. Next day I didn't see my money and I traced him to his house with some of my folks. We meet him but my folks didn't want me to say anything because things my get out of hands. They both agreed and he said we should give him to January Ending.

It's almost January ending and my patience is really running out, If he doesn't pay me at the agreed time things will really get out of hands because this past few days the kind of evil things coming to my mind to do to this man is getting at me....Before I do something really really bad to this man and his family please advise me on how well to get my money back.

Thank you. Kindly ignore my errors in the write up.

Quickly go to justice court.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out My Roofing Carpenter Work Done Successfully / Property Investment In Nigeria: Smart Money Guide / - Be A Landlord With Ease: City View Garden Land (phison Properties)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.