Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo (681 Views)

2023: "Does He Look Like A President?" - Asari Dokubo Roasts Wike On Live TV / 2023: South East Must Produce Next President, Igbo Elders Insist / 2023: Tinubu Has Hijacked The Country, North Must Produce Next President – Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by KEVIND: 10:24am On Jan 15, 2022
2023: Why South East must produce president – Asari Dokubo.

•South West, South South have no right to contest

*Urge Jonathan not to fail into temptation

*Reveals Why he parted ways with Nnamdi Kanu

Alhaji Mujadid Asari – Dokubo, an Ijaw nation freedom fighter, is a staunch supporter of former President Goodluck Jonathan. But in this interview with Femi Folaranmi at his country home in Harry’s Town, Asari- Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State, he advised the former president not cave to pressure to contest the 2023 Presidential. Rather he said Jonathan should back any South- Easterner for the topmost job in the country.

Asari- Dokubo who insisted that the South- East is the most qualified region to produce the Presidency in 2023, said the South- West has no right to contest after former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who he described as a mischief maker, had done eight years.

Recently there was a face-off between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Chief Edwin Clark on who owns the oil resources in Niger Delta. What is your take on this?

General Olusegun Obasanjo is a mischief maker. He makes mischief at all times. If Nigeria is a federation, the resources found in a place belong to the federating unit. In Zamfara, they are extracting their gold and selling, but Obasanjo is too afraid to talk. And I blame our leaders for what is happening. A situation when they brought amnesty, I told them this is wrong, that we are being criminalised but people jumped at the money. It is we that did not jump at the money; we that we did not expect it were regarded as betrayers. Those who accepted the money were celebrated. Our father, Chief Clark also celebrated these people, giving them accolades and so on. Now the chicken has come home to roost. Obasanjo is a mischief maker, the oil belongs to the people under whose land it is found and there is nothing you can do about that.

You are known to have been against a Buhari Presidency. Do you have any regrets?

I did not support Muhammadu Buhari but people were supporting him. Even those who pretended not to support him supported. People were cutting deals. I was tagged being antagonistic, bearing in mind that I have more affinity with him than any of them. I am a Muslim for crying out loud. So for now I have decided that I don’t want to be in that sort of situation where I would be on one side and other people would be enjoying and I would abuse him, and others would be cutting deals. I won’t be in that sort of condition again. For me, since everybody is enjoying him, we are all going to enjoy it together.

What is your take on rotational presidency?

In every heterogeneous society, leadership positions ought to be assigned in a way that every part of the society would feel a deep sense of patriotism and hold the state dear. But a situation where one party takes at the expense of others fraudulently, then there would be dissent and people would not recognize the authority. Like what is happening in Nigeria, if one section takes upon itself to rule at the expense of others, it would create resentment.

In your honest view, which of the Southern regions – South-East, South-South and South-West should go for the Presidency in 2023?

It should be South- East. They are the most qualified. It is the same thing we are saying. If we are accusing the North of grabbing power, why would the South-West go? Obasanjo has done this for eight years. Why would South-South go? Goodluck Jonathan has done six years. So it should be South- East.

Why South-East?

Because if we want national integration, if we want everybody to be on the same page, then why would we leave out the South-East? Since after the Biafra Civil war, no South-Easterner has become President or Head of State or Head of Government of any kind. So why should they be excluded if they are part of Nigeria.

But there are arguments in some quarters that the South- South did not complete its mandatory eight year tenure?

It is not the fault of anybody that Jonathan did not complete his two-term tenure. Jonathan sat down there with all the AK 47 and allowed himself to be chased away with sticks. It is not the fault of the South- East. Jonathan served, but he did not protect the Presidency. It is the truth. I am a Goodluck supporter but that is the truth.

There have been insinuations that Goodluck Jonathan is being pressured to defect to the APC to run again for president. What is your take on this?

How can Goodluck ever contemplate going to APC? That is why some of us have come to see ourselves as being foolish. How can Goodluck, after all the quarrel, abuse, some of his supporters starved, lost their businesses and suffered, then all of a sudden without any consideration, we are hearing through the social media that he wants to go to APC. Go to APC to do what? So his interests override all of our interests. All the sacrifices we made, lost our businesses, became hungry would be in vain.

So what is your advice to him?

There is nothing I can say other than it is in bad taste if he contemplates joining APC.

So if he goes to APC to contest, won’t you support him?
I have only one vote.

Are you going to support him with one vote?

I have only one vote. The one I supported, I am starving. Now I am not being consulted, I am not considered as being important to be consulted. I have not been told. So why should I make that sort of sacrifice. Buhari has stayed six years, I did not die. So if Goodluck comes for another four years, I would also not die.

So you will be backing a South-Easterner for Nigerian Presidency in 2023?

Yes, if a South- Easterner comes and he is serious. They are the most qualified people to contest.

You supported former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar in 2019.
No, I did not support Atiku.

But you rooted for him. I had an interview with you where you backed to get the PDP ticket.

Yes, I said he was the best the PDP could present. But during the election I did not support him. I didn’t vote in the Presidential elections. I only voted in the governorship election. Atiku did not say anything that makes me feel if becomes President, things would change. He did not say anything to that effect.

What if PDP presents him in 2023?
I will still not vote for him, because up till now he has not said anything that would give us assurance that he meant well for Ijaw people.

South-West is seriously clamouring for the Presidency through Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

South-West has no right to clamour. It is this nonsense that should stop. They have no right, no reason whatsoever to clamour for the Presidency. Obasanjo ruled for eight years. When you assume that you are more important, more entitled than other people, it breeds problems. What makes South-West think they are more entitled than the South-East to be President? In 2015 it was almost 50-50 votes. So what votes do they have that they are bringing to the table? The South-East voted overwhelmingly for the PDP. South-West voted 50-50 for APC and PDP. So what gives South-West this entitlement mentality that they are more entitled than the South- East?

What is your view on the spate of insecurity across the country?

That is what you get when some people feel they are stronger and can do whatever they like. That is the situation in which we found ourselves. President Buhari campaigned on the mantra that he is going to do this and that. And some of us were saying it is not possible. But they told us to shut up and were abusing us. It is this thing that makes you feel that you are more than others that triggers resentment and people pick arms to fight. This gave rise to people like Nnamdi Kanu to appear to put Igbos under bondage. This system creates monsters because there is so much lopsidedness in appointments and all the things that are going on and the people say it and you are not doing anything to correct it.

Coming to Nnamdi Kanu, don’t you think a political situation would be the best solution? You were also incarcerated by Obasanjo.

(Cuts in). I was incarcerated not as someone who was molesting his people.

So you want him to face justice?

Yes

Don’t you think that would be too harsh for him? A political solution would have been ideal to bring peace back to the South-East.

So what of the people that have suffered and died? Where is the justice for them?

What is your view on Sunday Igboho?

I don’t know anything about Sunday Igboho. He might be a more honest, humane and considerate person. But Nnnamdi, I know him and I know what he is doing in Igboland. But I don’t know anything about Sunday Igboho.

At what point did you disagree with Nnamdi Kanu?

Kanu said he is a god. He said Biafra is a Jewish State and that there would be no Islam. And I am a Muslim. If he says there would no Islam, he has said he is my enemy. That was how we parted ways. When Obiano was going for a second term, Kanu said there would be no election and I said the election would hold.
More read:
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-why-south-east-must-produce-president-asari-dokubo/
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by dedonfranco(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2022
Disunity in the Eastern region is a major issue.
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by KEVIND: 10:39am On Jan 15, 2022
dedonfranco:
Was there unity of purpose is the South West when the stakeholders in the country choose Obasanjo as the ideal candidate to be voted for as president in 1999?
The Yorubas wanted Olu Falae as their candidates when the presidency was zone to SW but the power that be chose Obasanjo
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by mancanoe: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2022
dedonfranco:

which disunity?...
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by ERockson: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2022
Okay na
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2022
KEVIND:

Was there unity of purpose is the South West when the stakeholders in the country choose Obasanjo as the ideal candidate to voted for as president in 1999?

Gibberish

Ekwueme contested against OBJ in the primary election

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by headSmasher: 10:44am On Jan 15, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by KEVIND: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Gibberish

Ekwueme contested against OBJ in the primary election
But, the power brokers wanted Obasanjo. Obasanjo had nothing,not even a political structure or resources to beat Alex Ekwueme but he was chosen & he won. It happened because the elites, the power-brokers in Nigeria & the military wanted power to go to the SW to calm the tension after the death of Abiola.
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 15, 2022
KEVIND:

But, the power blockers wanted Obasanjo. Obasanjo had nothing,not even a political structure or resources but he was chosen.
OBJ played his card better than Ekwueme.

The PDP zoned to the South, they never microzone.

But PDP might microzone to the South East if they want to

The APC will never microzone to the South East.
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by Bastardlyrich: 10:49am On Jan 15, 2022
We're are those fools that says we ijaws hates igbos and writing trash of how ijaws and igbos hates each other.
Here is an ijaw man talking directly not hidding in a faceless forum.
If you say we ijaws hates igbos,then show your face,your clan, village and family name.
grin grin grin
Afonjas go hearing.
Is either we the great ijaws completes our tenure or our Igbo brothers rule,if not let the north have it.
Ss/se region won't vote for a Yoruba Muslim or christian
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by headSmasher: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2022
KEVIND:

Was there unity of purpose is the South West when the stakeholders in the country choose Obasanjo as the ideal candidate to voted for as president in 1999?
The Yorubas wanted Olu Falae as their candidates when the presidency was zone to SW but the power that be chose Obasanjo
Who zoin the presidency to south west in 1999?
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by durangokid: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2022
dedonfranco:
Please can you tell us where the disunity is at least with three examples
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by headSmasher: 10:53am On Jan 15, 2022
Bastardlyrich:
We're are those fools that says we ijaws hates igbos and writing trash of how ijaws and igbos hates each other.
Here is an ijaw man talking directly not hidding in a faceless forum.
If you say we ijaws hates igbos,then show your face,your clan, village and family name.
grin grin grin
Afonjas go hearing.
Is either we the great ijaws completes our tenure or our Igbo brothers rule,if not let the north have it.
Ss/se region won't vote for a Yoruba Muslim or christian
So just one bloated man fanning his choice is now a confirmation of over 430,000 people, your ::::::::::::: is overwhelming and drowning
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by Bastardlyrich: 11:02am On Jan 15, 2022
headSmasher:
So just one bloated man fanning his choice is now a confirmation of over 430,000 people, your ::::::::::::: is overwhelming and drowning
Sorry my Yoruba muslim friend,ijaws are in millions and the fourth largest tribe after yorubas Muslims which are 3rd.
Ijaws are in these states Lagos,ondo,Edo, akwaibom,Rivers,bayelsa and delta State.
And we are the bravest and richest blacks on Earth.
I know say e go pain you,but that is the truth grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by KEVIND: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
OBJ played his card better than Ekwueme.

The PDP zoned to the South, they never microzone.

But PDP might microzone to the South East if they want to

The APC will never microzone to the South East.

Go back and study the emergency of Obasanjo in 1999. He was released from prison after serving 3 years.
He was brought in to contest just 8 months after he was released from prison.
Due to the accumulated tension in the SW as a result of the annulment of June 12 & the death of Abiola. The power brockers decided to calm the situation & compensate the SW by choosing a Yoruba man to lead Nigeria.
These are some of the reason why history need to be taught rigorously in our schools for people like you to know when you're off track.
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by omenkaLives(m): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2022
Must?

I think Asari is thinking they're still SLAVES to Ijaws (remember he claimed Igbos were Ijaw slaves and Ikaws sold alot of them during the slave trade era

http://igberetvnews.com/619768/bomb-igbos-ijaw-slaves-dokubo-threatens-deal-kanu-new-video/ )

therefore if an Igbo man becomes president, such a man would take orders from people like him.

He is deluded. smiley
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by headSmasher: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
Bastardlyrich:

Sorry my Yoruba muslim friend,ijaws are in millions and the fourth largest tribe after yorubas Muslims which are 3rd.
Ijaws are in these states Lagos,ondo,Edo, akwaibom,Rivers,bayelsa and delta State.
And we are the bravest and richest blacks on Earth.
I know say e go pain you,but that is the truth grin grin grin
Sorry my Igbo Catholics friend, quite unfortunate you are not proud of your Igbo heritage probably you don't want me to perceive the human flesh you just devour in uha soup, there is no need hiding behind a finger to show your sentiment, step into the light and stop behaving like the devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by Pakute: 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
KEVIND:

Go back and study the emergency of Obasanjo in 1999. He was released from prison after serving 3 years.
Due to the accumulated tension in the SW as a result of the annulment of June 12 & the death of Abiola. The power brockers decided to calm the situation & compensate the SW by choosing a Yoruba man to lead Nigeria.
These are some of the reason why history need to be taught rigorously in our schools for people like you to know when you're off track.
You yourself is bereft of history, if you had the slightest, you would have known that Ekwueme contested the primaries but lost out to Obj. The ticket was zoned to the South and every candidates from the south (SE, SW, SS) contested primaries.
Re: 2023: Why South East Must Produce President – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
KEVIND:

This is all gibberish

The PDP zoned to the South, not the South West.

Ekwueme competed against OBJ in the PDP primary

While Onu competed against falae in the AD primary.

If Ibos can not force PDP to microzone to the South East, you now think APC will microzone to the South East?

The APC will never microzone to the South East, if una like make una vote a Fulani man representing PDP, nah una sabi.

(1) (Reply)

See The Instructions Given To The Missionaries Against Africans / Dear Tinubu Supporters, Present A Normal Human Being & We'll Ask Obi To Stepdown / 2023: Lady Dumps Boyfriend For Not Supporting Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.