Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,487 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. (30803 Views)

ECU (brainbox) And Car Electronics Related Problems / Insearch Of Diagnostic Tool With ECU Programming(J2534 Flashing)capability In PH / Benz CIS To EFI Conversion (diy ECU "Brain Box") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:05am On Dec 01, 2023
Keyless entry
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 11:06am On Dec 05, 2023
Programming ECU
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2023
Hummer bus ECU brainbox ECM
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Kia Rio ECU brainbox ECM
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Method147(m): 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2023
I use Toyota sienna 1998 model the check light refuse to show on the dashboard, so the motor refused to start what might be the cause?
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2023
Method147:
I use Toyota sienna 1998 model the check light refuse to show on the dashboard, so the motor refused to start what might be the cause?

You can scan the car possibly if you can.. lots of things can cause it.. wiring issues or even a faulty brainbox
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 8:50am On Dec 16, 2023
Nissan Titan ECU brainbox
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 10:31am On Dec 21, 2023
Faulty ECU brainbox ECM
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:11am On Dec 22, 2023
Skid control Highlander
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Charly68: 10:41am On Dec 22, 2023
I need ECU for BMW 2009 model 320i ..The lowness of the car has caused water to damage the ECU for three consecutive times.. please let me know the cost of the item
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
Charly68:
I need ECU for BMW 2009 model 320i ..The lowness of the car has caused water to damage the ECU for three consecutive times.. please let me know the cost of the item

Text me on What s App 0.8.120306356

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by marshalcarter: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2023
Good evening engineer...
Please i drive 06 highlander...on Thursday my battery ran down...so i called a mechanic to help me start the car with his own battery...lo and behold...this guy plugged the battery otherwise and the car sparked...

Long story short...

My car doesn't go more than 20 anymore...I tried talking to the guy and he's telling me it's Brainbox.... please how true is this

Nigerian road side mechanic have finished me
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2023
marshalcarter:
Good evening engineer...
Please i drive 06 highlander...on Thursday my battery ran down...so i called a mechanic to help me start the car with his own battery...lo and behold...this guy plugged the battery otherwise and the car sparked...

Long story short...

My car doesn't go more than 20 anymore...I tried talking to the guy and he's telling me it's Brainbox.... please how true is this

Its possible if the current rather than cutting a fuse went straight to the ECU.. that's why it's good to replace a cut fuse rather than using a wire to tie it round.. try and scan to be sure and also text me on What s App 0.812.0306356
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:54am On Dec 25, 2023
Commanding the day
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:26am On Dec 27, 2023
ECU brainbox ECM discussion
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2023
Ecu brainbox at your service
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 10:43am On Jan 02
Business of ECU brainbox ECM keyless programming steering control
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 5:46pm On Jan 04
Talk ECU brainbox ECM
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 12:01pm On Jan 07
ECU brainbox ECM issues discuss
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Requestmechanic: 4:45pm On Jan 08
marshalcarter:
Good evening engineer...

Long story short...

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar and click on join the the Wait list.

I understand that this is a frustrating situation for you. It sounds like the incorrect connection of the battery by the mechanic may have caused some damage to your 2006 Highlander, resulting in it being limited to speeds of 20 mph or less.

Here are some possible explanations for what could be happening:

Blown fuse: If the spark was significant, it could have blown a fuse related to the engine management system, limiting the power output and speed.
Damaged electrical components: The incorrect connection could have damaged other electrical components involved in engine ignition or fuel delivery, causing performance issues.
Computer glitches: The spark might have caused temporary glitches in the engine control unit (ECU), which could be limiting engine performance to prevent further damage.
It's important to not drive the car any further until you have it properly diagnosed and repaired by a qualified mechanic. Taking it on the road in its current state could cause further damage, potentially leading to more expensive repairs.

Here are some recommendations:

Contact a reliable mechanic: Explain the situation and symptoms to them, and schedule an appointment for diagnosis and repair. Ask them if they have experience working on Highlanders, preferably with knowledge of the potential consequences of incorrect battery connection.
Do not attempt to diagnose or repair the car yourself: Unless you have the necessary knowledge and skills, working on car electrical systems can be dangerous and could make the problem worse.
Get a battery check: Even if the battery wasn't the root cause of the issue, it's a good idea to have it checked after being connected incorrectly.
I hope this information helps! Remember, getting a proper diagnosis and repair from a qualified mechanic is crucial to resolving the issue and preventing further damage to your Highlander.

Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:49am On Jan 11
ECU brainbox ECM fault
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 2:00pm On Jan 14
Replacement ECU brainbox ECM
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:55am On Jan 16
Perfect fit ECU brainbox ECM
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 8:36am On Jan 18
Comment
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 12:33pm On Jan 21
ECU brainbox ECM thread
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 10:50am On Jan 24
Hilux diesel ecu
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:39am On Jan 27
Nissan juke ECU brainbox ECM
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:22am On Jan 31
ECU brainbox
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 3:01pm On Feb 02
Discuss ECU brainbox ECM
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 8:38am On Feb 07
Cooperative
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 9:29am On Feb 10
Direct ECU brainbox car
Re: Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU. by Asunaky: 10:50am On Feb 16
ECU brainbox ECM price

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Emeka Akaezuwa Gets Presidential Applause For Inventing Electric Bikes In Uganda / Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. / Fatal Accident On Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.