Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:50 AM

2023: Race To The Villa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Race To The Villa (214 Views)

Doyin Okupe Withdraws From 2023 Race As VP To Peter Obi / Governor Tambuwal Joins 2023 Race, Formally Declares For Presidency / Yemi Osinbajo And The 2023 Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023: Race To The Villa by yemex04(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
Race to The Villa

By

Ayodele Awojobi

I wasn't going to make any political post till after the primaries of parties but let me drop this one.

Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed, the king maker declared to contest in the 2023 Presidential earlier this week and that sparked reactions on Zuckerville, as expected. This is someone who is more powerful than some of those in power despite the fact that he hasn't held any political post since he handed over to Mr Babatunde Raji Fasola as the Gómìnà of Lagos in 2007. He has never been out of the news though, he is still very relevant in Naija Politics. He can be called 'The Afọbajẹ of APC'.

If you find yourself in a leadership position, pray hard to get a dependable deputy like Professor Oluyemi Oluleke Osinbajo. He is the definition of LOYALTY. Who hand picked him for the post of Vee Pee? His former boss, Tinubu. They have been together since forever!

Whatever things have happened or will still happen in this administration till 2023, good, bad or ugly, PYO is part of it after all he is the Vice President.

Sometimes in 2020 when someone told me Tinubu would contest in 2023, I was like 'No nau, why would the king maker want to be become the king? He should just support PYO, , his protégé or fish out another good talent to contest'. I was wrong! When he met with Pressmen after informing PMB of his intentions he said 'I've not seen the cap of the king maker before and there is nothing wrong in the kingmaker becoming the king as long as he didn't commit murder'. I asked myself, does he have the right to contest and the answer is affirmative Yes!

I for one will want PYO to take over from PMB next year. I'm his fan! I believe he is more than capable for the post. He is more than ready for the job but then, he hasn't said anything about contesting at least not that I'm aware of. ONE thing I know is this, 'Prof Osinbade' won't contest against Jagaban. You can be rest assured of that. If that happens, then there is something we don't know. BAT is very very smart, he is a master strategist in politics.

If we look at rotations, I feel the SE, if they play their cards well are capable of producing the next President. PMB during his interview with Channels TV interview when asked who he will want to replace him said he knows but someone but didn't mention any name. Who knows, BAT, PYO or CRA? GYB too. You never know Baba's mind. For all I care, he may not even campaign for anyone next year sef.

Now, fans of BAT and PYO are already clashing on social media. Please, let's keep it healthy. APC has not even conducted primaries! What if none of BAT and PYO's name appear on the ballot papar next year for APC?

Let's not forget PDP and other Parties are still alive. I know former Vee Pee Atiku will also be interested in contest again. The Ovation man, Dele Momodu has already declared interest contesting. Mr Kingsley Morghalu too fey there. Guess what, a young lady (I can't remember her name again) also declared interest yesterday although she doesn't have a party yet. Who knows, Ayodele Awojobi too may contest ke �‍♂️ (that was a joke though).

Ps- Pls don't come for my head biko, ó shey àárọ̀ Saturday ẹ dákun. Ire oh.

Ayodele Awojobi

Kindly identify the men in this attached throwback picture.

(1) (Reply)

Tension In Delta Community As Herdsmen Invade Farmlands, Destroy Crops / Media War For 2023! / Enemies Can't Pit Soludo Against Teeming Supporters - APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.