Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,534 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:34 PM

Nigeria: Cleansing The 'dirty' Political System - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Cleansing The 'dirty' Political System (194 Views)

Onitsha Is The Dirty Capital Of The World - Asari Dokubo (Video) / All This Dirty Political Scamming Is Making Peter Obi More Popular. / Bayelsa: How Sylva’s Dirty Political Game Paved Way For Us- PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Cleansing The 'dirty' Political System by EmekaStanley: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
There is need to cleanse the nation's political system but this can't happen until those who are right get in there. By natural and supernatural laws, nations reflect the quality of the calibre of people that rule them.

This piece is timely and sheds more light on the importance of this sanitation, and how it can be achieved.

2 days ago was the day my parents knew that I was really promoting my ambition to become Nigeria's President. I had mentioned it to them severally in the past that I desire to be President someday but they didn't take it seriously. All they did was to say, "leave politics, it is a dirty game".

You can imagine that when word reached them that I was promoting my interest, they couldn't wait to talk to me. When I was finally able to talk to them, it was long minutes explanation of how politics is a dirty game, how politics is filled with people who do not have problems murdering others, doing human sacrifices, rituals and all manner of atrocities just to get unto political seats.

At the end of the long show of concerns, I was told that I will get a feedback after some consultations. This was after I had given them reasons why I or people like me should be the one in politics and making right decision for the advancement of the nation.

Aside my parents telling me how 'dirty' politics is, I have heard numerous Nigerians echo the same thoughts; they have been made to generalize because of some desperate politicians who commit all manner of atrocities just to win a political seat.

But the orientation of these desperate politicians have nothing to do with politics itself.

The misconception about the 'dirtiness' of politics is one of the biggest tragedies that have befallen nations, specifically Nigeria. It has been so ingrained into the subconscious of Nigerians that they do not believe that anyone in politics can be 'clean'.

This is quite a not-funny scenario, you believe that politics is dirty and everyone in it is stained. What this means is that consciously and unconsciously, you believe you are voting in 'dirty' people to preside over your affairs. How then do you expect the nation to grow?

In fact, you hear several Nigerians saying about 2 contestants, "Mr. A and Mr. T are evil men, but we will go with the lesser evil among the 2 which is Mr. A". To put it mildly, this is a terrible mindset.

Evil people have no place in political seats; of course they can contest because it is their right. They will also make headway if those who are supposed to be there are sleeping on it. Nothing good and selfless comes from the belly of an evil man, simply because it is not in their nature not to be evil.

Nigeria is the way it is today because of the caliber of people that have ruled her from the inception. You allow 'dirty' people play politics and rule over you, yet you expect clean things? No way, it doesn't work that way. A salt water doesn't give out fresh water from the same source.

What is the way forward?

Firstly, you must understand that politics on its own is not dirty. The dirty politics mindset is a nation killer; a killer of rightness and a frustration to all symbols of advancement. This mindset keeps deterring right people from going into politics. Like earlier said, it is the dirtiness of the heart of those in politics that paints politics in a bad light.

Right people who are inclined shouldn't seat around and do nothing; they need to venture into the terrain to the rescue. This is the only way the influence of the evil and dirty politicians will begin to fade.

Even the holy book states explicitly, "when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked rule, the people mourn". This is not a mere statement, it is a law. It is very unrealistic to expect national joy when the wicked is ruling.

You want to know why the people are mourning in Nigeria, as a result of the killings, kidnappings and unrest?

The answer is right up there. No addition, no subtraction. By the way, the word, 'righteous' used in the statement above has nothing to do with religion, it is a political statement. 'Righteous' there means 'doing the right things'.

The joy of a nation is tied to having in authority or seat of rulership, someone who does the right things. How then can a righteous person be courageous enough to go into politics? By changing his thinking and understanding that there is nothing dirty about politics.

When people who do the right things contest for a political seat, desperation is automatically eliminated, they will encourage free and fair elections, there will be no murder or political assassination of political opponents and they will be pleased that the people's choice reflected.
This will generally improve the safety of the nation.

The first redflag of a dangerous politician is desperation. If you ever vote in a desperate politician, then do not expect anything good to come out of the system.

Sanitizing the political system is a responsibility that we all must undertake seriously.

Do not vote people because their parties have more money to advertise and promote them, and guard your hearts against accepting 'dirty' as manageable. Scout for candidates that are righteous in their acts and vote them irrespective of how 'unknown' their political parties or platforms are.

This is the only way we can start restoring sanity into our political systems. Only then can you truly confirm that politics is not dirty or 'dirty'.

ES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Cleansing The 'dirty' Political System by EmekaStanley: 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
Lalasticala

(1) (Reply)

My Message Of Hope To Nigerians Today / Navy Releases Postings Of Senior Officers / APC Panel Dismisses Aspirants’ Protests, Says Primary Election Free, Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.