Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,985 members, 7,866,705 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

Actress Ajai Lycett Reveal Being A Mother At 15 And Raped At 65..full Gist - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress Ajai Lycett Reveal Being A Mother At 15 And Raped At 65..full Gist (309 Views)

Taiwo Ajai-Lycett: I Was Robbed & Raped At 65, Dropped Out At 16, Widowed At 52 / Naira Marley With His Mother At The High Court In Ikoyi / Burna Boy With His Father And Mother At The BBNaija 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Actress Ajai Lycett Reveal Being A Mother At 15 And Raped At 65..full Gist by xrisdablogger(m): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
I Was A Mom At 15, A Dropout At 16, Widow At 52, Raped At 65 — Actress Ajai-Lycett

79-year-old actress, journalist and television presenter, Taiwo Ajai-Lycett has revealed how she became a mother at the age of 15, dropped out at 16, became a widow at 52 and badly raped at the age of 65.

She made this heart breaking revelation in a recent interview with TheNation. Sharing her ordeal, she explained how she was robbed, brutalized and raped in her own house in Egbe,

According to her: “I have been through the fire, I emerged fortified. I was 15 years old when I had a child. By 16, I was on my own. I knew I was going to get a good education. I was going to be a lawyer. .

But I knew that I was on my own. My family disowned me. I married one David Akinduro in 1959 after I relocated to the U.K, but I left him due to domestic violence. .

I met Thomas Lycett long after I divorced my first husband. Eventually I married him. We had a blissful marriage. He died when I was 52-years-old. I remember him everyday. .

He was the one that told me that I was better off being an actor. In 2006, I was robbed and raped in my house in Egbe. I was tied. I was beaten. I was brutalized. My health was ruined. .

I was blindfolded and raped. The man who raped me complained that he couldn’t gain easy entry into me because I wasn’t wet. I told him ‘widows don’t get wet.’ .
I kept talking to them and asked them repeatedly, ‘Are you doing this to your mother?’ Angrily, they taped my mouth but I remained fearless and prayed all through the attack. .

The police came. They expected me to pursue the case. I knew the masterminds. I could have gotten them incarcerated but I simply moved on. .

Re: Actress Ajai Lycett Reveal Being A Mother At 15 And Raped At 65..full Gist by Venymen(m): 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2022
Is it that u where still hot till still @ 65 or u had a sexy back ,na one e go be
Re: Actress Ajai Lycett Reveal Being A Mother At 15 And Raped At 65..full Gist by Kobicove(m): 1:02am On Jan 16, 2022
What sort of animal would rape a 65year old woman?! angry

(1) (Reply)

"Don’t Let Your Man Stop You From Finding A Soulmate…in Your Gender" - Arin / Bbmzansi 2022 Dinky $€x Themba With Her Imaginations (video) / Cubana Chief Priest Dragged For Doing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.