Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? (650 Views)

"Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Was The Best Finance Minister Nigeria Ever Had" -- Richard / Will Nigeria Welcome UN Troops on Its Soil To Fight Boko Haram? (2) (3) (4)

Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by demilo(m): 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2011
Nigeria as always called giant of Africa, home of almost 150,000 000 million individuals.
But the main question here is on what exactly are we giants for? Corruption? Education? Economy? Wealth? Development?our president is spending more time controlling his cabinet and ministers than actually leading a country.how many days after election no good and sensible appointment has been made other than recycling.i can imagine lobbying .lol
I would point out few things which made me marvel; currently group of people in the name of  Nigeria immigration in conjunction with embassies are “touring “around the Nordic countries i.e. Sweden, Denmark ,Finland ,Norway e.t.c
This people have engaged in dwindling people of hard earned money. According to Nigerian immigration website the cost of e-passport is 65 dollar or 50 euro depending on location either Europe or America. Most especially 65 dollar per say. in Sweden that is approximately  500kronor
This people have engaged in taking 1000 Swedish kronor from each applicant (1 Swedish kronor= 20-22 naira and  write them in two different receipts; One of 800kr and another of 200kr.”Fraud”
I could not believe what I saw there. The so called officer and cohorts are located in a filthy restaurant doubling as Nigerian hall. They are so much interested in the 200kr even if you have actually made an online payment to Nigerian immigration service.
They are so lazy to verify online payment ohh well they cannot do that because they do not have time.
My girlfriend who was there with me (a blond Swedish girl) could not believe people could embezzle money from their country men and worse so in a different country.
My question is why are people not so ashamed ?. How could we do this in another man´s country? Asking for bribe by force in the name of working in an embassy. This people could barely speak good English. Right in front of me the so-called officer took a phone call I guess from a superior asking how the market was going; I can recall him saying 50 people have applied today!!!
This is a disgrace and something urgent need to be done. our image is lost and people are not ashamed anymore for money.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Dyt(f): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2011
nt only nigerians tho
bt yh naija ll sure get better
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by panafrican(m): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2011
The issue is wider than that: The question is: will Africa ever get better ?
We are in bad shape, weak and divided .

Arizona Elections Chiefs Seeks Proof Of Obama's Citizenship / Palestinians: Arafat's Body Can Be Exhumed Over Poison Claim / Crosstalk: AFRICOM