Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,322 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos (903 Views)

When To Use Raft Foundation / Fencing A Plot In A Swamp. How We Did It. / Estimate Cost Of Raft Foundation Of 85 By 54@ibeju Lekki? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by david0007: 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hi Guy,

Does anyone know much it would cost me to do a raft foundation in a swamp, I just purchased a plot of land in Opic and intend to build a duplex with 2 2bedroom flat on the side. The ground in a swamp you can literally see water on it, but that how most other plot were before construction was done. I was advised all houses in opic are done with raft.

Any advise for cost estimation.
Re: How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by Macphenson: 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2022
david0007:
Hi Guy,

Does anyone know much it would cost me to do a raft foundation in a swamp, I just purchased a plot of land in Opic and intend to build a duplex with 2 2bedroom flat on the side. The ground in a swamp you can literally see water on it, but that how most other plot were before construction was done. I was advised all houses in opic are done with raft.

Any advise for cost estimation.

Get an Engineer to help you. There has to be an on site assessment of the Land. Also there has to be a structural and architectural drawing. Those are the things that will determine the cost estimate.
Re: How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by david0007: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
Macphenson:

Get an Engineer to help you. There has to be an on site assessment of the Land. Also there has to be a structural and architectural drawing. Those are the things that will determine the cost estimate.

Am aware of this, and plan to do so at some point. I just want to get a a figure to work with, so i can prepare myself mentally.

For the Engineers here with experience in raft foundation, what should someone budget in 2022 for the cost of just doing a raft foundation for a duplex and 2 bedrroom. Can it cost up to 20m?
Re: How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by Macphenson: 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
david0007:

Am aware of this, and plan to do so at some point. I just want to get a a figure to work with, so i can prepare myself mentally.

For the Engineers here with experience in raft foundation, what should someone budget in 2022 for the cost of just doing a raft foundation for a duplex and 2 bedrroom. Can it cost up to 20m?

No it wont be up to #20M. between #6 to #8m should do it comfortablly. Though I will make a more informed decision is I sight the site.
Re: How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by david0007: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
thanks boss, cos someone said 23m and that is really scaring the hell out of me
Re: How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by deking(m): 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
It depends on the size of the building. And the height you need to cover to be above road level. Projects around there in recent times have been between 6 - 10M depending on the size of the building.

I did also advise you consider a twin duplex if the setting of the land favours it. It will give you more value in the long wrong.

Hit me up if you want to see projects we have handled in the area.
Re: How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by david0007: 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
The challenge is 2 bedroom moves faster than a duplex.
Re: How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by david0007: 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
Macphenson:

No it wont be up to #20M. between #6 to #8m should do it comfortablly. Though I will make a more informed decision is I sight the site.

thank you sir
Re: How Much To Do Raft Foundation In A Swamp In 2022 Lagos by david0007: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
deking:
It depends on the size of the building. And the height you need to cover to be above road level. Projects around there in recent times have been between 6 - 10M depending on the size of the building.

I did also advise you consider a twin duplex if the setting of the land favours it. It will give you more value in the long wrong.

Hit me up if you want to see projects we have handled in the area.

how can i hit you?

(1) (Reply)

ROTECCH77 IS FRAUDULENT, INCOMPETENT AND A BIG LIAR / Bunglow Need In Surulere Urgently / Need House To Buy In Surulere Or Low Cost House For Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.