Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

If You Have An ARRIVAL Mentality,you Would Die On ARRIVAL! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Have An ARRIVAL Mentality,you Would Die On ARRIVAL! (186 Views)

See How Much Is Nigeria Visa On Arrival / 2 Nigerian Airways Retirees Slump, Die On Queue, Absence Of Forms Stall Process / Don't Die On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Have An ARRIVAL Mentality,you Would Die On ARRIVAL! by Mbee247(m): 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
If you have an "Arrival Mentality", you will DIE on arrival.
Lemme explain using a real life example...
It's my own story.
I think I've said it here before that I came from a very poor background. I don't have to go into details about that right now.
And the good thing that coming from a poor home gave me was the motivation to look for money to solve my immediate needs, and also to take care of my family.
But then, something I noticed was that whenever I made some money, maybe up to N1million, I kinda get lazy and complacent with my selling.
It's almost as if I kinda lose my motivation to keep doing that same thing that brought in the money.
I come up with good excuse to pause my advert that I was running. I could tell myself that I just want to tweak it to work better.
But I almost never run that as back.
Until the money in my bank account has gradually reduced to almost nothing, then I will start pushing again to start making money again.
So my life and income cycle was always looking like a wave. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down.
But there are those I trained in sales and marketing who just kept going up and up and up.
At some point, I believed that it was "village people" that were doing me. I even believed false prophets, and I went for "needless" prayers.
It took me a long while to discover that I was being a total reflection of what my mind has pre-designed from my childhood.
My upbringing was messing things up for me.
I grew up poor. So all I've wanted was to have enough to eat and be comfortable.
So immediately I have enough to eat and be comfortable, my mind immediately shuts down from doing more.
I had the "ARRIVAL MENTALITY". When I see small N1million in my bank account, my mind feels like I've arrived.
My mind created a stupid destination of success. And most of these processes happened in my mind subconsciously. I wasn't aware.
It took me a while to figure out that what I was suffering from was the arrival mentality.
And when I discovered, I had to rewire my mind by myself.
I obviously could not change my childhood (where the problem originated), but I sure can fix the future.
I reached out for helped, as much as I could.
One of the things I learnt and implemented to keep myself motivated to not fall into the arrival zone (and I still do it till date) is to go broke faster.
Lemme explain...
My mind triggers me to go hard on sales and marketing when it notices that I am without money, so what I do is to deliberately and consciously give my mind what it needs to trigger.
So whenever I make money, I put the money away almost immediately.
It's either it goes into some sort of investments, real estate or something that I can't access money immediately from.
In those moments when I want money to "dorime", but can't access money, I am forced to go make that money.
So basically I deliberately stay broke to consistently stay rich.
That's the way I solved my arrival mentality issue. I hope you too can apply this to yourself.
Always remember that if you don't solve the arrival mentality, you'll always die on arrival.
Light and love to you all.
Ya gazie ✌️

©Promise Ohaneje.

(1) (Reply)

Remote Working & Cybersecurity In Africa / I Need A Driver Job ! ......save A Man ! / IT Developer Jobs Available In The Nordics(finland)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.